Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Model Topics

Model Topics For for all general model topics (no model recruitment or contest vote posts allowed)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
An abundance of good photographers.....
Old 01-20-2009, 05:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 55764
Comments: 0
My Mood:

BenE is offline IP: 64.185.5.95

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

This is definitely not a complaint, just an observation.

With so many outstanding photographers who frequent GG, I am wondering why the sub forum of TFP does not attract more models and photographers?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BenE Visit BenE's homepage! Find More Posts by BenE

Re: An abundance of good photographers.....
Old 01-20-2009, 05:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 56509
Send a message via Yahoo to DDCStudios

DDCStudios is offline IP: 24.255.140.101

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenE View Post

With so many outstanding photographers who frequent GG, I am wondering why the sub forum of TFP does not attract more models and photographers?
Model Mayhem! They have too much fun over there bitchin at each other
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DDCStudios Visit DDCStudios's homepage! Find More Posts by DDCStudios

Old 01-20-2009, 05:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDCStudios View Post
Model Mayhem! They have too much fun over there bitchin at each other
Did you overlook my phrase... "outstanding photographers" on GG?

I was being as polite as possible.. to me
outstanding photographers =outstanding results.

Since the TFP section was available, I just wondered why it was not used more.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BenE Visit BenE's homepage! Find More Posts by BenE

Old 01-20-2009, 05:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

you mean as in Models and Photographers getting together and shooting????
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DDCStudios Visit DDCStudios's homepage! Find More Posts by DDCStudios

Old 01-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDCStudios View Post
you mean as in Models and Photographers getting together and shooting????
I meant exactly what my first post asked, which was "With so many outstanding photographers who frequent GG, I am wondering why the sub forum of TFP does not attract more models and photographers?"

Your reply mentioned MM, which wasn't exactly an answer to my question about the TFP section on here.

While I realize there are good photographers on other forums, I think the professionalism, percentage wise, on GG is higher than you can find most anywhere else

Old 01-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Quote:
I meant exactly what my first post asked, which was "With so many outstanding photographers who frequent GG, I am wondering why the sub forum of TFP does not attract more models and photographers?"

Your reply mentioned MM, which wasn't exactly an answer to my question about the TFP section on here.

While I realize there are good photographers on other forums, I think the professionalism, percentage wise, on GG is higher than you can find most anywhere else

Well as I do agree there are some outstanding photographers on GG, the Ratio is quite higher on MM, because of the population of available working models there. basically in a nutshell, wherel there are boobs available photographers will flock. Studying MM, its a pretty simple formula, whether Im a model or not, you can shoot my boobies for $$$$ formula. Seems to work well for MM. Bottom line its all about who can truly make a buck off someone...

Old 01-20-2009, 08:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37850
Comments: 1
My Mood:
Send a message via MSN to JonScott Send a message via Yahoo to JonScott

JonScott is offline IP: 206.212.226.175

Quote:

Easy answer.

This is what I call a show-off site that used to have a lot more education happening. It isn't and wasn't really geared for getting bookings. Even in the heydays a few years back the photographers outnumbered the models by at least 10 to one, whereas on other sites like MM you have everything in a one-stop-shop if you want to go that route (models, shooters, MUA's, stylists, wardrobists, etc).

When this site was GG v.1.0 there were a lot of quality models posting here and getting shoots here and there.

Then G1 happened (and sucked) and nearly everyone left and found new homes elsewhere, where the pickings were better, if not in quality, in volume.

.:Why isn't "I like kitties" an acceptable career goal?:.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to JonScott Visit JonScott's homepage! Find More Posts by JonScott

Old 01-23-2009, 12:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member GG#: 51075
My Mood:
Send a message via Skype™ to PhotoDave1

PhotoDave1 is offline IP: 68.19.61.195

Ben, Don, John:

All of you are right. MM is more of a social networking or community site which has lately been falling apart and probably will not be around much longer. It is more of a free-for-all, anything goes type of environment rather than a serious, professional site. A lot of yelling and infighting but not a lot of meaningful photography going on over there. I know many photographers who have left MM within the last 6 months due to all of the childish behavior that happens there and no one I have talked with ever sees it getting any better. Even the moderators over there are fighting amongst themselves.

Ben, you are right, there are a lot of outstanding photographers here on Garage Glamour and a lot of them get paid to do what they do and at the level of the industry that GG represents I just don't see a lot of TFP happening. There aren't many models on GG for one thing and GG doesn't have the social presence that MM has and in my opinion that is a good thing. I get a lot from GG and I don't ever want to see it degenerate to the level of a toxic waste dump.

From what I have seen over the years Garage Glamour is a site for professionals while Model Mayhem is more of a site for Internet types and I can tell you from my own experiences with that site the flake factor is simply astronomical.

There is a partner site to Garage Glamour that I believe is more or less dedicated to TFP type efforts and I think it was created just for that purpose so you may want to check it out. Good luck.
deallen313@yahoo.com
Skype IM: DAllen3031
Twitter: ThePhotoPro1
Web Page: www.flickr.com/photos/3031photography/
Gear: Canon EOS 40D w/Grip + EOS 1N w/Grip; Tamron 28-70mm F2.8; Tamron 70-200 F2.8; Canon 430EXll
  View Public Profile Send a private message to PhotoDave1 Visit PhotoDave1's homepage! Find More Posts by PhotoDave1

Old 01-23-2009, 12:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoDave1 View Post
Ben, Don, John:

All of you are right. MM is more of a social networking or community site which has lately been falling apart and probably will not be around much longer. It is more of a free-for-all, anything goes type of environment rather than a serious, professional site. A lot of yelling and infighting but not a lot of meaningful photography going on over there. I know many photographers who have left MM within the last 6 months due to all of the childish behavior that happens there and no one I have talked with ever sees it getting any better. Even the moderators over there are fighting amongst themselves.

Ben, you are right, there are a lot of outstanding photographers here on Garage Glamour and a lot of them get paid to do what they do and at the level of the industry that GG represents I just don't see a lot of TFP happening. There aren't many models on GG for one thing and GG doesn't have the social presence that MM has and in my opinion that is a good thing. I get a lot from GG and I don't ever want to see it degenerate to the level of a toxic waste dump.

From what I have seen over the years Garage Glamour is a site for professionals while Model Mayhem is more of a site for Internet types and I can tell you from my own experiences with that site the flake factor is simply astronomical.

There is a partner site to Garage Glamour that I believe is more or less dedicated to TFP type efforts and I think it was created just for that purpose so you may want to check it out. Good luck.
You failed to mention, Models don't hang out here, because there isnt the potential for making money from showing some photog their titties!
Not to mention models on MM hold very little or no value with Photographers, they only see them as a possible source of income.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37850
My Mood:
Send a message via MSN to JonScott Send a message via Yahoo to JonScott

JonScott is offline IP: 206.212.226.175

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoDave1 View Post
From what I have seen over the years Garage Glamour is a site for professionals
While there are many full-time shooters here, I disagree with you.

GG is (or was when I first started here) an educational site for people to learn. It was never a site about "doing" business, it's a site about "learning" the business.

Case in point: If GG was "for professionals" Rolando would be completely broke because he wouldn't have anyone coming to his workshops (keep in mind that THIS SITE is his #1 marketing conduit for his workshops). I'd wager that maybe 1 in 50 full-time shooters attend a shootout the type of which Rolando offers. This is not a slam on RG in any way; an established full time pro becomes extremely picky where he spends his money, and has extremely high and specific expectations from workshops. What those expectations are is, of course, different for every person.

.:Why isn't "I like kitties" an acceptable career goal?:.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to JonScott Visit JonScott's homepage! Find More Posts by JonScott