Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Model Topics

Model Topics For for all general model topics (no model recruitment or contest vote posts allowed)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Model data sheet/form
Old 07-15-2006, 04:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 53632
Comments: 0

homerpicman is offline IP: 67.150.122.162

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Dear Glamours,

I am an amateur photographer, who has never shot pics of people in a setting before. I have gotten model release forms to use, but wonder, is there a form for recording the model's statistical data. Besides name, address, phone and email, is there something to record physical attributes, race, decorations, mars, etc. I want to be prepared and complete when I recruit my first model(s). Thanks for any help.
A new member, homerpicman
  View Public Profile Find More Posts by homerpicman

Re: Model data sheet/form
Old 07-15-2006, 04:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37369

n5wd is offline IP: 24.175.232.50

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerpicman
Dear Glamours,

I am an amateur photographer, who has never shot pics of people in a setting before. I have gotten model release forms to use, but wonder, is there a form for recording the model's statistical data. Besides name, address, phone and email, is there something to record physical attributes, race, decorations, mars, etc. I want to be prepared and complete when I recruit my first model(s).
First of all, welcome to G1, Homer (we're pretty informal around here, so I hope you don't mind if I don't use your full name) .

Yeah, there are those kinda data sheets out there - probably a lot of folks have made up their own, with places for information that THEY have decided is important. But, to that end, I ask... "WHO are you doing the sheet for and WHAT information do you think you'll need a year after you shoot this lovely young lass?"

Most of the time, I get by with the model's legal name (and her stage name, if she's using one), her email address, physical street or mailing address, telephone number and/or cell and a notation of whether I have a signed model release or a TFP agreement for that shoot. It's keyed to my filing system of images, so that if I'm looking for a particular type of model that I've worked with before (and to be honest, there's about 50 models in my list, so it's not hard to remember which ones I've shot even without the list), I can see one of her images and then go find the data in my filing system.

So, instead of giving you my data sheet in Word form (which you'd be more than happy to have, if you really think it's what you want), I'd suggest sitting down and thinking about what information you really NEED to have, what information would be NICE to have, and how you're going to keep track of everything. By the time you figure that out, you'll have already designed a custom data sheet that suits YOUR purpose!

That make sense?

And, since you're new here... here's a "welcome" present!

Old 07-16-2006, 12:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

homerpicman is offline IP: 67.150.171.155

Dear Wayne,

Thanks for the welcome. I kind of supposed that I would have to make up my own, but I thought with all the experienced people out there, I might get a start. Nowadays, so many people have tattoos, piercings and other marks (moles, scars, additions, etc.) that might be important for certain projects. I will work on it. Thanks for the nice picture, also. My real name is Larry. Homer is kind of a fun persona that I use. Thanks again.

Old 07-16-2006, 03:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 50763
Comments: 4
Send a message via MSN to silver tip images Send a message via Yahoo to silver tip images

silver tip images is offline IP: 24.19.195.171

Larry, I have a form I use and find it very handy. Asside from the name address info I have the following I have on the form. e-mail, date of birth, experience, are you with an agency, which agency, what modeling style are you interested in, Maxim,fashion, lingerie, centerfold, artistic nude swimwear.Then I have hair length, color eyes,dress size, weight,measurements that type stuff and also do you have piercings, if yes where, do you have tattoos if yes where. I also ask questions such as are you employed, a student, do you have transportation, preferred times for shooting, will a companion attend and do you have a web site. The model fills this out at the same time she signs a model release. The birthday is important. If you want to shoot a model a year or so later you have her current age not give a year or two. I file this in a folder and have a basic file in the computer with her image or two to remind me what she looked like. You may think now that you will never forget a certain model. Let me tell you I don't forget a face but a name is gone quickly. I have model releases going back 40 years. I just ran across a model I shot over 22 years ago for Gallery and she still looks great and I am going to work with her again.. She is now 44 and many younger models should look this good. She has taken care of her self. Hope this is helpful for you.

Old 07-16-2006, 11:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

homerpicman is offline IP: 67.150.174.79

Dear Jerry,

Thanks, a whole lot for the ideas. Details are important, especially if you want to search for someone with that certain thing you want. I guess a cross-reference database program like Microsoft Excel might help to narrow things down.

Sincerely yours, homerpicman/Larry

Old 08-10-2006, 12:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 53770

intelligence is offline IP: 59.95.24.201

I think you need to create a list of modeling agencies first of your specific targeted country and start contacting them.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to intelligence Find More Posts by intelligence

Old 08-10-2006, 11:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 45854
Send a message via AIM to mcherry

mcherry is offline IP: 69.120.37.143

I'm in the process of building a site for some of the commercial model work that I do. I have a model statistic sheet there which you can download. Be warned that I'm still developing the site so there is no real content yet, but I'll make it live so you can grab the stat sheet.

Go here: http://www.paramourproductions.com/m...w_initial.html and then click on Model Statistic Sheet at the bottom of the page (right click and save as) this will download a PDF file of the statistic sheet that I use.

Best regards,

Matthew Cherry
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mcherry Visit mcherry's homepage! Find More Posts by mcherry

Old 08-11-2006, 12:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

homerpicman is offline IP: 66.81.154.202

Dear Mr. Cherry,

I am very appreciative of your input to my question. This group is very helpful, even to an amateur photographer, like myself. I like the professional look of the forms for your agency. Thanks again. Larry/homerpicman

Old 08-11-2006, 12:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

homerpicman is offline IP: 66.81.154.202

Dear Intelligence,
I am not considering going through any agencies. I am an amateur only, and cannot afford such services. Thank you for your input. Any help is appreciated.
Sincerely, Larry/homerpicman