Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Problem logging on
Old 03-29-2010, 11:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 55764
Comments: 0
My Mood:

BenE is offline IP: 216.167.157.176

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

When I type my password and username, I see the forums and my username at the top right...Welcome BenE

However, I cannot go to some of the forums that are for members only.

I m not even sure if I can pose, but if this can be seen, I guess I can.

....edit.. Never mind.. After I made the post, that made everything work.

All is well.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BenE Visit BenE's homepage! Find More Posts by BenE

Re: Problem logging on
Old 03-30-2010, 09:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member GG#: 51075
Comments: 1
My Mood:
Send a message via Skype™ to PhotoDave1

PhotoDave1 is offline IP: 97.117.251.62

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Ben,

I am glad to see that you appear to have your problem corrected. From what I see of your GG Profile it shows you as a Free Member. There are some areas of this site that are accessible only to Lifetime Members.

If you are a Lifetime Member there has been a glitch somewhere and you will have to contact Rolando to have this addressed.
deallen313@yahoo.com
Skype IM: DAllen3031
Twitter: ThePhotoPro1
Web Page: www.flickr.com/photos/3031photography/
Gear: Canon EOS 40D w/Grip + EOS 1N w/Grip; Tamron 28-70mm F2.8; Tamron 70-200 F2.8; Canon 430EXll
  View Public Profile Send a private message to PhotoDave1 Visit PhotoDave1's homepage! Find More Posts by PhotoDave1

Old 03-30-2010, 11:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 63896

pcparrothead is offline IP: 71.88.194.140

on a side note....what does membership give us?
I have been dying to find out!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to pcparrothead Find More Posts by pcparrothead

Old 03-31-2010, 09:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

My Mood:

BenE is offline IP: 216.167.157.190

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoDave1 View Post
Ben,

I am glad to see that you appear to have your problem corrected. From what I see of your GG Profile it shows you as a Free Member. There are some areas of this site that are accessible only to Lifetime Members.

If you are a Lifetime Member there has been a glitch somewhere and you will have to contact Rolando to have this addressed.
I understand. However, even now after I log on with my username and password, the "welcome" screen pops up, but I have to go to a forum before any of the buttons are highlighted (showing new posts).

As far as the areas only available to free members, I realize that, but the Site feedback and Nudes forums still show to be private until I go to a forum. Then everything works as usual.

But ONLY after I go to a forum. It is as if I am just a visitor until I go to a forum. My name appears in the upper right, but it is as if I am not logged on until I click on any forum.

Not a major problem, just a little inconvenience.

In other words (redundantly speaking) I must click on a forum before I am actually logged on, whereas in the past after I would type my username and password, I would be able to go to the forums, except those that are unavailable to free members.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BenE Visit BenE's homepage! Find More Posts by BenE

Old 03-31-2010, 09:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenE View Post
I understand. However, even now after I log on with my username and password, the "welcome" screen pops up, but I have to go to a forum before any of the buttons are highlighted (showing new posts).

As far as the areas only available to free members, I realize that, but the Site feedback and Nudes forums still show to be private until I go to a forum. Then everything works as usual.

But ONLY after I go to a forum. It is as if I am just a visitor until I go to a forum. My name appears in the upper right, but it is as if I am not logged on until I click on any forum.

Not a major problem, just a little inconvenience.

In other words (redundantly speaking) I must click on a forum before I am actually logged on, whereas in the past after I would type my username and password, I would be able to go to the forums, except those that are unavailable to free members.
Ben,

What browser are you using? Do you have all the updates and plug-ins in place? I remember a post a few weeks ago saying that Garage Glamour was bring blocked as an "attack site" by some internet service or browser.

I think Rolando is traveling and I have no way of getting in touch with his webmaster but I will drop Rolando a PM and let him know you are having trouble.

As a side note if anyone else is having problems with the site please post it. Thanks.
deallen313@yahoo.com
Gear: Canon EOS 40D w/Grip + EOS 1N w/Grip; Tamron 28-70mm F2.8; Tamron 70-200 F2.8; Canon 430EXll
  View Public Profile Send a private message to PhotoDave1 Visit PhotoDave1's homepage! Find More Posts by PhotoDave1

Old 04-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

My Mood:

BenE is offline IP: 216.167.157.190

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoDave1 View Post
Ben,

What browser are you using? Do you have all the updates and plug-ins in place? I remember a post a few weeks ago saying that Garage Glamour was bring blocked as an "attack site" by some internet service or browser.

I think Rolando is traveling and I have no way of getting in touch with his webmaster but I will drop Rolando a PM and let him know you are having trouble.

As a side note if anyone else is having problems with the site please post it. Thanks.
Thanks Dave,

Firefox is my browser.

It is not really that much of a problem, and is probably something you mentioned. When I log on with my 2nd computer it works as usual.

By the way, I just installed a new wireless router, but had to hard wire my 2nd computer anyway, and WOW! Lighting fast.

I guess after a while those routers get slow. I believe it is called "planned obsolescence".

Old 04-01-2010, 11:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenE View Post
Thanks Dave,

Firefox is my browser.

It is not really that much of a problem, and is probably something you mentioned. When I log on with my 2nd computer it works as usual.

By the way, I just installed a new wireless router, but had to hard wire my 2nd computer anyway, and WOW! Lighting fast.

I guess after a while those routers get slow. I believe it is called "planned obsolescence".
Ben, I am a "buy & hold" kind of guy. I am never the first to up and dump my stuff for whatever is the hot new thing. If it works for me, I stay with it.

When the new protocol for wireless routers first came every Tom, ****, and Harry had their own idea of what the Draft "N" wireless protocol should be and as a result there were probably 20 different Draft "N" routers on the market each completely incompatible with any other manufacturer so I stayed with my tried and and true "G" protocol wireless router and to this day, five years later it is still going strong.

Just so you know, a hard wired network connection is always going to beat out a wireless connection in terms of speed and also security.

As far as your router slowing down I don't think it is "planned obsolescence" at all, it is probably the buffer on your router and/or your cable/DSL modem being full and slowing down a tad. This happens more with the router than the modem and all you have to do is unplug the router for 30 seconds and then plug it back in again. This clears the router's cache and resets it. Just don't do this while your wife is on her cooking or gardening websites or your daughter is Twittering with the Jonas Brothers. The consequences could be nasty.
deallen313@yahoo.com
Last edited by PhotoDave1; 04-01-2010 at 11:23 PM.. Reason: sp