Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Latifah in lingerie
Old 12-16-2009, 03:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36789
Comments: 1
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ARTFORMS

ARTFORMS is offline IP: 71.12.72.12

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Two versions of the same photo.

View Public Profile Send a private message to ARTFORMS Visit ARTFORMS's homepage! Find More Posts by ARTFORMS
Last edited by ARTFORMS; 12-16-2009 at 06:19 PM..

Re: Latifah in lingerie
Old 12-16-2009, 06:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 36276
Comments: 0
My Mood:

kevinpieper is offline IP: 71.80.104.205

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Did you dodge on the right side? It looks ..... "off".... somehow.
Lacks contrast.

Otherwise VERY NICE shot here.

Arm maybe a little awkward looking. Maybe. Would have tried putting elbow back a little more -- would feel more natural.

B&W lacks contrast too. My LCD is well calibrated, expensive too.

What's with the Christmas lights in the background?

Again, I like it.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35279
Comments: 4
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to Earl53

Earl53 is offline IP: 71.169.136.21

Both versions are very good but I’m hung up on the color version. Seems to bring out her beauty more. The b&w does seem to lack just a little contrast. Maybe darken the shadows some.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 57919

kgphoto is offline IP: 69.235.150.143

I think it is a good job overall and a a very beautiful model. The back hand is excellent though the front wrist is at an awkward bend. Great figure.

What "bother's me" is that the shadows look a little underexposed. This may be due to the de-saturation application or color balance or exposure, not sure which.

I would like to see richer tones and warmer skin. It looks like there is a film over the whole image. All the depth of color is removed. What did the original file and histogram look like?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to kgphoto Find More Posts by kgphoto

Old 12-16-2009, 12:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

The original photo is underexposed according to the histogram. No dodging was used on either of these photos. I edit all of my photos on a calibrated CRT monitor and the colors couldn't be anymore rich without being over saturated. I've seen too many of the LCD monitors that wash out colors and contrast on pictures so I don't use those. Tried that once, couldn't get the screen calibrated and returned it the next day. My prints come back looking identical to what shows on my monitor. The background lights are just lights, not specifically Christmas lights.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ARTFORMS Visit ARTFORMS's homepage! Find More Posts by ARTFORMS

Old 12-16-2009, 01:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 55764
My Mood:

BenE is offline IP: 216.167.157.151

Interesting comments about the contrast. On my monitor both look good, but it is inexpensive, old and calibrated, and a CRT.

Unless it is way off, that is one reason I usually do not mention color or contrast when looking at images on the internet, since there are a zillion different color and contrast adjustments being used on numerous monitors with "umpteen" numbers of screen resolutions.

What's with the Christmas lights", someone asked? Well it is only 9 days till......

....edit... I looked at these on my new LCD Viewsonic, and they looked pale and washed out?

As far as calibration, my CRT is calibrated to render the correct color and density for my lab. My LCd is calibrated to look "nice".
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BenE Visit BenE's homepage! Find More Posts by BenE
Last edited by BenE; 12-16-2009 at 01:12 PM.. Reason: additional info

Old 12-16-2009, 04:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenE View Post
Interesting comments about the contrast. On my monitor both look good, but it is inexpensive, old and calibrated, and a CRT.

Unless it is way off, that is one reason I usually do not mention color or contrast when looking at images on the internet, since there are a zillion different color and contrast adjustments being used on numerous monitors with "umpteen" numbers of screen resolutions.

What's with the Christmas lights", someone asked? Well it is only 9 days till......

....edit... I looked at these on my new LCD Viewsonic, and they looked pale and washed out?

As far as calibration, my CRT is calibrated to render the correct color and density for my lab. My LCd is calibrated to look "nice".
I also have a $750 LCD flat screen monitor. It isn't one of those IPS monitors that has been discussed on the other forum topic and I know that mine will not calibrate correctly.
Just goes to show that you don't always get what you pay for, not even when they are expensive. It works fine for other things though, like watching videos or games.
If I was seeing a persons posted image that looked washed out and like it had a film over it and lacked rich color and contrast and then printed that image out and it didn't match what I was seeing on my monitor, I would know that something was off. Probably my monitor. I see a lot of department store monitors that would do that.

It might look something like this based on a few of the comments.
Last edited by ARTFORMS; 12-17-2009 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: doubt

Old 12-16-2009, 07:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 36276
My Mood:

kevinpieper is offline IP: 71.80.104.205

I guess as long as your prints match your images, you're okay. Mine do.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37106
Comments: 29
My Mood:

RHWeiner is offline IP: 205.250.55.248

Main monitor...LG Studioworks 221U (CRT)...long in the tooth and hasn't been recalibrated for sometime. 1280x1024 resolution, NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 card

Colors look good on this one, can (just) see the seperation of her hair against the background. Image looks crisp to my eyes on this one.

Prefer the Color version. The B&W looks 'gray' (?), needs more contrast?

I agree with other comments regarding the foreground hand/wrist.

Lovely model...got more?

Old 12-17-2009, 10:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35664
My Mood:

mfharper is offline IP: 96.27.144.221

I'm using a calibrated IPS flat panel and these look great. If anybody is having trouble with these they should probably recalibrate their monitor. I agree that the B&W could use a little contrast boost, but that's probably just a factor of whatever conversion process you used. There are so many different ways to convert and it seems nothing is right for all images. I tend to try several different processes on each image. Kind of like wasteing 5 or six different sheets of paper in different grades back in the old smelly dark room days.

www.hhphoto.net
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mfharper Visit mfharper's homepage! Find More Posts by mfharper