Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
I can bet you this would be destroyed...
Old 10-06-2009, 09:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 72.191.4.182

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I can bet you, this would be shredded http://rolandogomez.net/2009/10/myspacehem-models/ if posted on "that other site."

I was just in the mood to write my thoughts this morning, especially after giving an interview to a major international magazine, thanks, rg sends! (hey, I like this concept jimmyd )
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Re: I can bet you this would be destroyed...
Old 10-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member GG#: 51075
Comments: 1
My Mood:
Send a message via Skype™ to PhotoDave1

PhotoDave1 is offline IP: 174.17.243.222

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Bravo, well said Rolando. The only problem I can see with this is that the bozos this is directed to are either too stupid or too clueless (or both) to benefit from your words or to even realize it is directed towards them.
deallen313@yahoo.com
Skype IM: DAllen3031
Twitter: ThePhotoPro1
Web Page: www.flickr.com/photos/3031photography/
Gear: Canon EOS 40D w/Grip + EOS 1N w/Grip; Tamron 28-70mm F2.8; Tamron 70-200 F2.8; Canon 430EXll
  View Public Profile Send a private message to PhotoDave1 Visit PhotoDave1's homepage! Find More Posts by PhotoDave1

Old 10-06-2009, 01:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39216
Comments: 2
Send a message via MSN to isaiahbrink Send a message via Yahoo to isaiahbrink

isaiahbrink is offline IP: 69.132.64.65

Well said! And so very true.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Ed Peters

Member GG#: 37945
Comments: 0

epeters is offline IP: 139.181.28.34

I have on occasion read a major international magazine.. YMMV

Old 10-07-2009, 09:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 56509
Send a message via Yahoo to DDCStudios

DDCStudios is offline IP: 70.251.162.61

Right on!! But they have designed their site very wisely in that they play right into feeding and stroking the egos with lil contest and badges, easy ego strokes is what the internet is all about "LOOK AT ME" people just want to be the center of attention and that unnamed site provides the perfect venue for that. Hell people will even pay money for self indulgence!! You know, makes them seem better than they truly are.
just sayin.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DDCStudios Visit DDCStudios's homepage! Find More Posts by DDCStudios

Old 10-07-2009, 10:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 63560

nudephotopro is offline IP: 78.156.64.204

I have always worked with well established model agencies in the past and only recently ventured onto a couple of the better known model/photographer sites hoping to find a couple of suitable models for a specific project.

On balance I have to say I didn't really enjoy the experience and felt I lost quite a bit of time dealing with "models" who clearly weren't models. The girls in question seem to operate in a way that bears no resemblance to working practices in the industry. In a couple of cases the girls cancelled at the last moment with ridiculous excuses while one arrived a couple of hours late because she overslept, even though we were starting at midday!

The most disappointing case though was a girl who had an interesting look on her profile page with a knockout body and a bio that said she was an 18 year old dancer... The girl who actually turned up was on time and very sweet, but she must have weighed 40 pounds more than the pictures in her profile and she was still only 18! Try as I might there was just no way I could make her look good carrying that kind of extra weight and I found it very frustrating that she didn't simply tell me in advance how she had put on a lot of weight.

Finally there was one model who I manage to work with and produce a couple of reasonable images. It was a pity that she crashed into my house while parking her car!

For amateurs I can see why they would be attracted to the idea of finding models through the internet, but for professionals I am not so sure it's worth the hassle...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to nudephotopro Visit nudephotopro's homepage! Find More Posts by nudephotopro

Old 10-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 40641

DanNV is offline IP: 134.197.22.10

Well said.

Dan
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DanNV Find More Posts by DanNV

Old 10-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 56509
Send a message via Yahoo to DDCStudios

DDCStudios is offline IP: 70.251.162.61

Quote:
Originally Posted by nudephotopro View Post
I have always worked with well established model agencies in the past and only recently ventured onto a couple of the better known model/photographer sites hoping to find a couple of suitable models for a specific project.

On balance I have to say I didn't really enjoy the experience and felt I lost quite a bit of time dealing with "models" who clearly weren't models. The girls in question seem to operate in a way that bears no resemblance to working practices in the industry. In a couple of cases the girls cancelled at the last moment with ridiculous excuses while one arrived a couple of hours late because she overslept, even though we were starting at midday!

The most disappointing case though was a girl who had an interesting look on her profile page with a knockout body and a bio that said she was an 18 year old dancer... The girl who actually turned up was on time and very sweet, but she must have weighed 40 pounds more than the pictures in her profile and she was still only 18! Try as I might there was just no way I could make her look good carrying that kind of extra weight and I found it very frustrating that she didn't simply tell me in advance how she had put on a lot of weight.

Finally there was one model who I manage to work with and produce a couple of reasonable images. It was a pity that she crashed into my house while parking her car!

For amateurs I can see why they would be attracted to the idea of finding models through the internet, but for professionals I am not so sure it's worth the hassle...
I've found better luck on myspace. less egos less divas they just want cool pics for their myspace. so for amateurs like me, it works out pretty well, everyones on the same playing field so to speak... and they still remember their poop stinks too, unlike some of those over there!!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DDCStudios Visit DDCStudios's homepage! Find More Posts by DDCStudios

Old 10-07-2009, 03:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39216
Comments: 2
Send a message via MSN to isaiahbrink Send a message via Yahoo to isaiahbrink

isaiahbrink is offline IP: 69.132.64.65

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDCStudios View Post
I've found better luck on myspace. less egos less divas they just want cool pics for their myspace. so for amateurs like me, it works out pretty well, everyones on the same playing field so to speak... and they still remember their poop stinks too, unlike some of those over there!!
That's happened to you too! Now I feel like I'm one of the big dogs - if Don has done it, and I have done it! lol I've honestly thought about going back to searching myspace, that's where I started out finding models, then went to this other site, had some luck there, but forgot about myspace. Hmmmm.....

Old 10-07-2009, 07:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 56572
Comments: 3
My Mood:

flx2000 is offline IP: 70.139.237.92

excellent read!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to flx2000 Visit flx2000's homepage! Find More Posts by flx2000