Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Some forums
Old 09-29-2009, 04:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 63560
Comments: 0

nudephotopro is offline IP: 78.33.71.234

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I haven't seen any particularly bad examples on this forum but am I alone in believing that many photography forums are filled with far too many individuals who are unnecessarily rude and aggressive for no good reason?

What starts out as a simple discussion or an offer of assistance can soon turn into a slanging match with wild accusations and insults. It just seems a shame that so many forums have become like this and I think it deters many professionals from becoming involved.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to nudephotopro Visit nudephotopro's homepage! Find More Posts by nudephotopro

Re: Some forums
Old 09-29-2009, 09:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member GG#: 51075
Comments: 1
My Mood:
Send a message via Skype™ to PhotoDave1

PhotoDave1 is offline IP: 71.223.112.214

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hello Ashley,

I see that you are new to Garage Glamour and I want to welcome you aboard.

You are right in that there are very few flame fests here on Garage Glamour mainly because the majority of people who belong to Garage Glamour and post here are serious about what they do and really don't have time for silly games.

There are other Photography/Modeling sites that routinely get out of control but you have to look at who owns/runs those sites and the members the sites attract. Good discussions and valuable information can be obtained from those other sites but you have to wade through the flame fests to find it.

In looking at your Garage Glamour Profile I see that you haven't posted any of your work here. Please feel free to post some samples of your Portfolio and if you would like serious and professional critiques please do not hesitate to ask.

Again, welcome to Garage Glamour and we look forward to seeing you around the Forums.
deallen313@yahoo.com
Skype IM: DAllen3031
Twitter: ThePhotoPro1
Web Page: www.flickr.com/photos/3031photography/
Gear: Canon EOS 40D w/Grip + EOS 1N w/Grip; Tamron 28-70mm F2.8; Tamron 70-200 F2.8; Canon 430EXll
  View Public Profile Send a private message to PhotoDave1 Visit PhotoDave1's homepage! Find More Posts by PhotoDave1

Old 09-29-2009, 10:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39216
Comments: 2
Send a message via MSN to isaiahbrink Send a message via Yahoo to isaiahbrink

isaiahbrink is offline IP: 69.132.64.65

Dave makes some great points. Here we tend to be serious about our work as photographers and models, and while from time to time we joke around, and that gets silly at times, it's no where near the flaming posts at other sites, hence why I come here for anything serious. Thanks for taking part, and don't be a stranger!
Click for larger version

Old 09-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 56509
Send a message via Yahoo to DDCStudios

DDCStudios is offline IP: 70.251.162.61

Can O Worms!!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DDCStudios Visit DDCStudios's homepage! Find More Posts by DDCStudios

Old 09-29-2009, 12:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 63560

nudephotopro is offline IP: 78.156.64.204

Thanks for the replies here. I have been a professional photographer for many years, so I tend to search for feedback from clients and art directors. Yes I can post images, but I have always shied away for the reasons outlined above in my first post.

I made that initial post this morning because of an incident recently which really quite shocked me, but I realise it's not exactly a unique situation. I had posted a polite reply to a thread, but evidently a certain individual didn't like that for some reason and felt obliged to start a war. The next thing I knew, they had discovered a photography blog of mine and started hurling insults & expletives, while accusing me of all kinds of crazy stuff.

I have a friend in London who is a really top jewellery photographer working for some of the most prestigious jewellers in the world. Last year he cleared about $1 million after taxes doing high end catalogues etc. He refuses to post on any forum under his real name and never puts up pictures because he doesn't want a client to see him involved in a slanging match with some raving lunatic on an internet forum. I completely understand that because he has a professional reputation and an image to protect whereas the other guy is almost certainly somebody with zero credibility who simply feels a need to be vicious and nasty.

There is something about the internet which seems to bring out the worst in a lot of people because if they acted like this in their day to day lives they'd probably be locked up for anti-social behaviour.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to nudephotopro Visit nudephotopro's homepage! Find More Posts by nudephotopro
Last edited by nudephotopro; 09-29-2009 at 12:36 PM..

Old 09-29-2009, 12:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 56509
Send a message via Yahoo to DDCStudios

DDCStudios is offline IP: 70.251.162.61

Quote:
Originally Posted by nudephotopro View Post
Thanks for the replies here. I have been a professional photographer for many years, so I tend to search for feedback from clients and art directors. Yes I can post images, but I have always shied away for the reasons outlined above in my first post.

I made that initial post this morning because of an incident recently which really quite shocked me, but I realise it's not exactly a unique situation. I had posted a polite reply to a thread, but evidently a certain individual didn't like that for some reason and felt obliged to start a war. The next thing I knew, they had discovered a photography blog of mine and started hurling insults & expletives, while accusing me of all kinds of crazy stuff.

I have a friend in London who is a really top jewellery photographer working for some of the most prestigious jewellers in the world. Last year he cleared about $1 million after taxes doing high end catalogues etc. He refuses to post on any forum under his real name and never puts up pictures because he doesn't want a client to see him involved in a slanging match with some raving lunatic on an internet forum. I completely understand that because he has a professional reputation and an image to protect whereas the other guy is almost certainly somebody with zero credibility who simply feels a need to be vicious and nasty.

There is something about the internet which seems to bring out the worst in a lot of people because if they acted like this in their day to day lives they'd probably be locked up for anti-social behaviour.
Always made me wonder if "Real" photographers really hang out on forums.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DDCStudios Visit DDCStudios's homepage! Find More Posts by DDCStudios

Old 09-29-2009, 02:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Old, Bald, Village Idiot

Member GG#: 36160
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to AGellert

AGellert is offline IP: 72.201.237.156

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDCStudios View Post
Can O Worms!!
aint that the truth....

LOL
And welcome Ashley....
  View Public Profile Send a private message to AGellert Visit AGellert's homepage! Find More Posts by AGellert

Old 10-01-2009, 03:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 63784

Sobriquet is offline IP: 59.154.2.60

Real photographers not on forums...
Hmmm, well I just wanted some more ideas on posing models...but I wouldn't have time to come back often, just had one of those mornings when I woke up at 3am excited for the day to begin, I have a shoot at 9 am tomorrow and a wedding at 2:30pm and a full day reunion shoot into the evening on Sunday and I can't even sleep in today!

What to do at 3am??? I know, register on a forum and cc and maybe get some feedback on some of my work..I hope this is a nice place too.
http://[URL="http://www.michellearmour.co.cc/nude.htm"]www.michellearmour.co.cc/nude.htm[/url] I didn't think about slinging matches, I think just ignore if someone gets their ego on!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Sobriquet Visit Sobriquet's homepage! Find More Posts by Sobriquet

Old 10-01-2009, 08:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35218

Doug_Lester is offline IP: 66.32.152.156

You are absolutely right. For several yeas, up until a e of years ago, I was quite active on several forums. The stupid p***ing contests essentially caused me to lose interest. As a result I have not been active in quite a while. I'm an old fart, retired commercial photographer now doing figurative art and remained active on the forums for those times I could possibly offer some of the institutional knowledge I had acquired over the years. and to occasionally have a bit of fun. I gradually accepted that my knowledge was not wanted by most, they would rather make up stuff.

I've been lurking here for some time now, having been almost a charter member of the original GG. This place had its own 'growing pains' which seem to have been pretty much resolved a god while back.

This may be the most sane of the larger forums and I hope it stays that way.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 72.191.4.182

Doug,

Great to see you around. Sanity, what is that? We hope you'll like the new format, as it's meant to be an overall easier experience for posting and image uploading, though it will look different, but albeit, friendlier. More soon, again, good to see you, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez