Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
First Date
Old 04-27-2009, 10:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
NOOB

Member GG#: 2
Comments: 0

ffppro is offline IP: 24.89.140.234

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Editorial concept shoot from this weekend:

C&C Welcomed...

Re: First Date
Old 04-27-2009, 11:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 58875
Comments: 7

Hdvannjr is offline IP: 72.184.10.69

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I don't get it. Not that I have any problem with the concept of "girl on girl," but I do find the ambiguous sexual orientation of the HE-SHE somewhat repulsive. Had the photographs only featured the young woman in the peach dress alone or with a young man or even with a "real woman" I think I would have liked them better.
As for the photography, it is good as always. I'm assuming your using window light alone (?). Very nice and I like the muted tones. The third photo appears to have the purse sitting on the HE-SHE"s head though. Good to see you posting again.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Hdvannjr Visit Hdvannjr's homepage! Find More Posts by Hdvannjr

Old 04-27-2009, 01:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 55764
My Mood:

BenE is offline IP: 64.185.5.112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdvannjr View Post
I don't get it. Not that I have any problem with the concept of "girl on girl," but I do find the ambiguous sexual orientation of the HE-SHE somewhat repulsive. Had the photographs only featured the young woman in the peach dress alone or with a young man or even with a "real woman" I think I would have liked them better.
As for the photography, it is good as always. I'm assuming your using window light alone (?). Very nice and I like the muted tones. The third photo appears to have the purse sitting on the HE-SHE"s head though. Good to see you posting again.

No critique on the images, but just an observation. Actually I am not sure how to put this...

I am thinking you are saying, if these had been to sexy young girls (or a "real guy" and girl) you would have been ok with the concept? But because one is "ambiguous" you are not?

I respect your thoughts, but at least there is no physical contact between the two, which I see very often. Those images are usually raved over.

Not my intention to start a brouhaha.. must be the fact that I have abstained from wheat products for two weeks, and feeling much better..

....edit.... I just noticed the title..... but, I still don't see anything ambiguous about it.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BenE Visit BenE's homepage! Find More Posts by BenE
Last edited by BenE; 04-27-2009 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: additional comment

Old 04-27-2009, 02:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenE View Post
No critique on the images, but just an observation. Actually I am not sure how to put this...

I am thinking you are saying, if these had been to sexy young girls (or a "real guy" and girl) you would have been ok with the concept? But because one is "ambiguous" you are not?

I respect your thoughts, but at least there is no physical contact between the two, which I see very often. Those images are usually raved over.

Not my intention to start a brouhaha.. must be the fact that I have abstained from wheat products for two weeks, and feeling much better..

....edit.... I just noticed the title..... but, I still don't see anything ambiguous about it.

Ben, Glad to hear you are feeling frisky... let the brouhaha begin.

If I understand what you are saying, then you are indeed understanding
my thoughts correctly. The title says it all...First Date. I think Igor is an excellent photographer, but every picture tells a story. I guess I just don't like the story that is being told. A girl and a guy on a first date is fine. Call me old fashion. Two hot chicks going at it...that is fine too! Call me a pervert.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Hdvannjr Visit Hdvannjr's homepage! Find More Posts by Hdvannjr

Old 04-27-2009, 03:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 55764
My Mood:

BenE is offline IP: 64.185.5.112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdvannjr View Post
..........Call me old fashion. Two hot chicks going at it...that is fine too! Call me a pervert.

Okeydokey... Must be a new term...... "Old Fashion pevert".. but it sounds like an oxymoron, or maybe a paradox..
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BenE Visit BenE's homepage! Find More Posts by BenE

Old 04-27-2009, 04:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
NOOB

Member GG#: 2

ffppro is offline IP: 24.89.140.234

I am reading this, and smiling...

This is EXACTLY the kind of reaction I was looking for from people. This does tell a story, and not the kind of a story you want to hear.

*PAT MYSELF ON BACK*

--Igor

PS: Both of these ladies are gorgeous. I just happen to get lucky, since Valentina (the one in the suit) had to cut her hair short for her upcoming move. This gave me the opportunity to shoot this series...

Old 04-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffppro View Post
I am reading this, and smiling...

This is EXACTLY the kind of reaction I was looking for from people. This does tell a story, and not the kind of a story you want to hear.

*PAT MYSELF ON BACK*

--Igor

PS: Both of these ladies are gorgeous. I just happen to get lucky, since Valentina (the one in the suit) had to cut her hair short for her upcoming move. This gave me the opportunity to shoot this series...
Arrgh! I've been played the fool again!

But having said that Igor, I'm right and Ben is wrong! Right?

Old 04-27-2009, 05:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 56509
Send a message via Yahoo to DDCStudios

DDCStudios is offline IP: 24.255.140.101

I love em! just the way the are!!!!!!!!!!! great job! cool story line!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DDCStudios Visit DDCStudios's homepage! Find More Posts by DDCStudios

Old 04-29-2009, 11:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 72.191.15.133

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDCStudios View Post
I love em! just the way the are!!!!!!!!!!! great job! cool story line!
Ditto, lovely models too! rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 04-30-2009, 08:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
Ed Peters

Member GG#: 37945

epeters is offline IP: 139.181.28.34

Keep up the good work. The images and the story are part of "TODAY". tks. Ed