Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Beggars can't be choosers...
Old 04-16-2009, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Member GG#: 40697
Comments: 0
Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 70.139.90.27

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Beggars can't be choosers...
So I get the opportunity to shoot at a fairly exclusive Wedding/Banquet location. I was allowed a 2 to 6 PM window to shoot...NOT what I had in mind, but hey....read the title...
The shooting areas pretty much faced southwest....there were SOME trees to filter the sun....a few high rises as well that offered a bit of diffusion....but for the most part I had to deal with a VERY strong sunlight at the peak of the afternoon. It was an ABSOLUTELY gorgeous afternoon....too gorgeous in fact....not a freekin cloud anywhere....
So, I made the best of what I had and wanted to share a few....The GOOD news out of this shoot, is even though it's not the time I would have picked....the wedding coordinator LOVED the images...Some of these will be displayed on their website AND I am now one of the 5 preferred photographers the coordinator refers to couple in need of photography. The added bonus is that this is on the edge of River Oaks in Houston, which means price (within reason) typically doesn't come in to play as a forethought....My hope is to gain 5 to 7 additional bookings from this relationshop per year and build from there...
Anyhoot....here are a few that I liked....

http://www.bobbygphoto.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

Re: Beggars can't be choosers...
Old 04-16-2009, 09:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 55352
Comments: 14

Stecyk is offline IP: 68.146.42.57

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Just a quick note to say that they're gorgeous images. Beautiful!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Stecyk Visit Stecyk's homepage! Find More Posts by Stecyk

Old 04-17-2009, 06:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member GG#: 35840
My Mood:

SteveB is offline IP: 74.36.19.23

Very well done

Old 04-17-2009, 07:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 41719
Send a message via AIM to srwatters Send a message via Yahoo to srwatters

srwatters is offline IP: 71.97.7.21

Nicely done!

I think you might get better comments and critiques on a less 'glamour' oriented site... YMMV.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to srwatters Visit srwatters's homepage! Find More Posts by srwatters

Old 04-17-2009, 12:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 62625

dsal32 is offline IP: 158.59.25.49

Nicely done indeed!

I'm curious as to what lighting equipment you used for this, especially what you did for the first shot in the series as the conditions do look quite challenging and you've handled them very well.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to dsal32 Find More Posts by dsal32

Old 04-17-2009, 01:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Member GG#: 40697
Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 70.139.90.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsal32 View Post
Nicely done indeed!

I'm curious as to what lighting equipment you used for this, especially what you did for the first shot in the series as the conditions do look quite challenging and you've handled them very well.
I just brought my ring flash and used it as a fill light cuz I had to keep her back to the sun (tried to keep it at 10 and 2 position) as best I could. I kept the light very far back so that it would mimic the sun. The first shot the is about 12 foot above the ground...AND she is 6' 1" in heels...so the light was about 20' high to get it to where I wanted it...it was actually in the frame a little bit and I had to clone it out... there just wasn't enough room to keep it out of the frame...

http://www.bobbygphoto.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

Old 04-19-2009, 08:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35783
Comments: 7
My Mood:

stevenD is offline IP: 173.51.115.108

If I ever got married in Houston, I'd use you!

Old 04-19-2009, 07:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39216
Comments: 2
Send a message via MSN to isaiahbrink Send a message via Yahoo to isaiahbrink

isaiahbrink is offline IP: 69.132.64.65

Well Bobby, I have lost count of how many times I have been on location and not had optimal conditions, but what seperates us from everybody else is that we still get the image. Great job as always.

Isaiah

Click for larger version

Old 04-20-2009, 10:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 57919
Comments: 1

kgphoto is offline IP: 69.235.94.43

Bobby,

Excellent job! Nice balancing and lovely expressions.

One tip, try to get her hand palm up whenever possible. It will make for more flattering arm lines and it is easier to avoid the back of the hands.

So in the image where she is holding her hands, the bottom hand could be palm up. If there was a bouquet needed in the shot, then put that in her palm up hand.

KG
  View Public Profile Send a private message to kgphoto Find More Posts by kgphoto