Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Feedback please - possible marketing material??
Old 02-17-2009, 07:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Member GG#: 40697
Comments: 0
Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 70.139.90.27

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Give me some feedback if you will on whether or not these would be a nice addition to a wedding portfolio or should I 86 em...
This little lady is NOT a bride to be...in fact, she is still in high school (she's 18). For whatever reason, I have received numerous wedding requests as of late and thought I'd book a few more this year to fund some new "toys". My thought is to create a wedding portfolio with some pretty "brides" or "faux brides" but with NO expertise in that arena, I would like some feedback...Thoughts?

http://www.bobbygphoto.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

Re: Feedback please - possible marketing material??
Old 02-17-2009, 08:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37608

Mark_Oehler is offline IP: 173.19.191.209

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Yeah, I think they have potential. It would have been nice to have "groom" there, too. I especially like the first on and the ones outside. I had recently done some model-bride images lately, too. I will post later today.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Mark_Oehler Visit Mark_Oehler's homepage! Find More Posts by Mark_Oehler

Old 02-17-2009, 10:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 41719
Send a message via AIM to srwatters Send a message via Yahoo to srwatters

srwatters is offline IP: 63.99.101.130

If you're gonna shoot wedding dresses, toss out the 6K white balance. Daddy pays lots of money for a white dress and mommy wants to see it white. I had to rethink things when shooting bridals. YMMV.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to srwatters Visit srwatters's homepage! Find More Posts by srwatters

Old 02-17-2009, 12:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by srwatters View Post
If you're gonna shoot wedding dresses, toss out the 6K white balance. Daddy pays lots of money for a white dress and mommy wants to see it white. I had to rethink things when shooting bridals. YMMV.
DUDE....you just broke my heart....you know I like em warm lol...but I hear ya...also this dress is actually a off white...pale white if you will....it wasn't the bright white that many of the dresses are...

I may go in post and cool em off a bit and bring out some of the white to see if that makes a difference...

View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

Old 02-17-2009, 12:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Oehler View Post
Yeah, I think they have potential. It would have been nice to have "groom" there, too. I especially like the first on and the ones outside. I had recently done some model-bride images lately, too. I will post later today.
Typically the groom is not at the pre-wedding bridal shoot are they?? I thought that shoot was usually the engagement shoot...where they are dressed more casual...I dunno...as I said...new territory for me, but I just don't recall seeing any "bride and groom" together images...

Wedding shooters....jump in here please...is it common th shoot the bride and groom in their getups BEFORE the wedding?? Most grooms aren't gonna rent the tux twice are they??

Old 02-17-2009, 01:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 55764
My Mood:

BenE is offline IP: 64.185.5.95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_G View Post
Give me some feedback if you will on whether or not these would be a nice addition to a wedding portfolio or should I 86 em...
.............................I have received numerous wedding requests as of late and thought I'd book a few more this year to fund some new "toys".
Quote:
Typically the groom is not at the pre-wedding bridal shoot are they?? I thought that shoot was usually the engagement shoot...where they are dressed more casual...I dunno...as I said...new territory for me, but I just don't recall seeing any "bride and groom" together images...

Wedding shooters....jump in here please...is it common th shoot the bride and groom in their getups BEFORE the wedding?? Most grooms aren't gonna rent the tux twice are they??
The way I read your first post was that you were photographing the actual wedding, since you said you had received numerous wedding requests.

I am understanding now you are meaning bridal portrait, instead, and usually the groom is not included in a formal bridal portrait. However, I have photographed brides and grooms before the actual wedding... usually as part of the pre-wedding photography.

Most of the time brides refuse to see the groom in the dress. For some reason the wedding dress is "sacred", and can be seen by anyone in the entire world except the groom.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BenE Visit BenE's homepage! Find More Posts by BenE

Old 02-17-2009, 05:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37850
Comments: 1
My Mood:
Send a message via MSN to JonScott Send a message via Yahoo to JonScott

JonScott is offline IP: 206.212.226.175

Quote:
True...*BUT*...If they want BobbyG that's because they want BobbyG style images...Not BobbyG shooting Brides R Us...A delicate balance has to be struck.

Bobby, the biggest thing is to remember that they're not interviewing you to see if they want to use you as much as YOU are interviewing THEM to see if you want them as a client. Remember, they are coming to you first, not the other way around.

.:Why isn't "I like kitties" an acceptable career goal?:.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to JonScott Visit JonScott's homepage! Find More Posts by JonScott

Old 02-17-2009, 07:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 55352
Comments: 14

Stecyk is offline IP: 68.146.42.57

Quote:
Give me some feedback...
A heads up...I sent you an email with an enclosed psd file to to your gmail address as provided by profile.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Stecyk Visit Stecyk's homepage! Find More Posts by Stecyk

Old 02-17-2009, 09:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 57919
Comments: 1

kgphoto is offline IP: 69.235.167.230

Bobby CS4 has features that allow you to correct the color of the Dress, but still keep the skin tone the way you like. So does Nik Efex, Color Efex Pro and Viveza.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to kgphoto Find More Posts by kgphoto

Old 02-18-2009, 07:24 AM
Mark_Oehler
This message has been deleted by Mark_Oehler.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 55764
My Mood:

BenE is offline IP: 64.185.5.95

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonScott View Post
True...*BUT*...If they want BobbyG that's because they want BobbyG style images...Not BobbyG shooting Brides R Us...A delicate balance has to be struck.

Bobby, the biggest thing is to remember that they're not interviewing you to see if they want to use you as much as YOU are interviewing THEM to see if you want them as a client. Remember, they are coming to you first, not the other way around.
I believe the dress would appear whiter on a print than it does on the screen, because of the light, almost white, area that surrounds images posted. The color value numbers on my screen are 233, 233, 233 on the left, and 245, 245, 255 on the right. So the right side, or the area where the text appears, has a tad more blue. When I covered the surrounding area with black paper and viewed only the image, I saw a much whiter dress.

This is one reason I always hated wedding albums with white inserts. Those always made the dress look off-white.

That being said, Scott is right. If the dress looks too off color the moms get wacky, and I have seen more than one creative wedding photographer have to make some drastic changes because they thought otherwise.

In my 37+ years of shooting weddings, I learned a portrait of the dress, on the bride, instead of a portrait of the bride in the dress is what mothers are buying. I often wondered if you could just sell a portrait of the dress on a mannequin.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BenE Visit BenE's homepage! Find More Posts by BenE