Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
How do I move images from Albums?
Old 12-20-2008, 01:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37106
Comments: 29
My Mood:

RHWeiner is offline IP: 75.157.198.124

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

The last batch of photos I uploaded here went into an Album (I was asked if I wanted them in an album, I said "yes"). But if I want to include an image from that album in a CC thread and use the [Your Images Here For Posting!] option I can't see that album. So if I can't see it then I want to move them out of the album and into my established folders. I can't see a way to do this. Is this a glitch or a 'feature'? Do I have to re-up those images again?

Re: How do I move images from Albums?
Old 12-20-2008, 01:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 72.191.15.133

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

The "images" link is from the portfolio section. If you load in the albums, just click on the photo you want, going to that photos page, and you will see the "BB" code for posting, like this:

[IMG]http://www.garageglamour.com/forums/members/rolandogomez-albums-virgin-islands-picture1061-2007-rolando-gomez.jpg[/IMG]

To display this.

Just go look at this photo in my album. That should help. In the near future we'll have automated links from the albums to the forums. Thanks, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 12-20-2008, 03:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Thanks Rolando. It seems that the Albums are good safe places to put images cause once they are in there you can't do anything with them.

Old 12-20-2008, 04:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

My Mood:

You can post them on the forums. They are meant to be albums, not distribution sites. I hope that helps, goodnight, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 12-20-2008, 11:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

I guess I'm not really understanding the purpose of the Portfolio vs. Album. It was my feeling that if the images are in Albums that they don't get viewed as much or commented on as much as if they were included in threads. It's still confusing how to best present your work.

I like to view others' work and will, on occasion, actually comment/rate them...far more seldom than I feel I should. After all this site is not only for presentation but for learning via comments/critiques.

Well, considering I'm at home recouperating from surgery to remove a blood clot in my right leg (and now I have an cut going from knee to groin to prove the truth to the sage advice of my doc to "...take your meds" and "...stop smoking") and I have time on my hands I'll probably do a massive critique/comment/rate of members' ports over the holidays. My way of giving back? (some may not like it though [grin and wink]).

One other thing, not related to this thread...
I did, some time back, up my membership to the Lifetime level with that one time payment. I feel guilty that you only ask for this once as I am sure there are monthly expenditures you and your team have to face. Are you thinking of establishing a "Platinum" (or such thing) level based on a monthly payment above and beyond the Lifetime/one time payment?

[Oh and I forgot to comment on your included image...Lovely woman, great smile...and everything else that stands out, too. Not much of a critique I know but at your level it's hard to be a nitpick. LOL]

[Damn memory ... So is there a way of moving the images from an Album into the Portfolio inside of the site or am I going to have to re-upload those images and delete the Album?]
Last edited by RHWeiner; 12-20-2008 at 12:05 PM.. Reason: Remembered yet something else...

Old 12-20-2008, 12:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

My Mood:

First I wish you well on your recovery. Second, to clarify, we have two locations to post images, one is your personal albums off your profile. As the forum software evolved, it now gives us that option. The original portfolio section, think of it as a more centralized location.

However we will soon add a link that will showcase all the albums under one link as seen here: http://www.phototherapy.org our newest site. Look at the "Brag Book" and think of that as our "Portfolios" and then look at the "Albums" tab located on the top of the menu.

You might also see how there is a "donation" and "subscription" system there. That soon will come to GG, however Lifetime members will always have equal status in benefits we may offer any membership level. We gladly accept donations so we can continue to make this a better community and yes, software upgrades, servers, bandwidth are all costs we incur monthly, there is no free internet though many feel it does exist. Thanks and again, we wish you a speedy recovery and Happy Holidays! rg sends!