Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Forums come and go....
Old 12-11-2008, 04:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 56509
Comments: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to DDCStudios

DDCStudios is offline IP: 24.255.140.101

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

One forum dies another pops up....GG seems to have been around the longest.
I wonder what the secret is, good photography? Good Discussion? or just lots of members? What is it about GG that appeals to you, what makes it solid??

View Public Profile Send a private message to DDCStudios Visit DDCStudios's homepage! Find More Posts by DDCStudios

Re: Forums come and go....
Old 12-11-2008, 04:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 72.191.15.133

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Don,

Beautiful shot. It's just that time of year. What I like about GG, the people, even when we agree to disagree. It's the nature of the beast. I also like the fact about GG that it tends to have people that know what it's really like. Big difference. Sometimes it's slow as the name tends to give it a more specific demographic genre, not a catch-all forum. All the best, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 12-11-2008, 05:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandogomez View Post
Don,

Beautiful shot. It's just that time of year. What I like about GG, the people, even when we agree to disagree. It's the nature of the beast. I also like the fact about GG that it tends to have people that know what it's really like. Big difference. Sometimes it's slow as the name tends to give it a more specific demographic genre, not a catch-all forum. All the best, rg sends!
Thanks Rolando, They do seem to come and go in spurts(Joke There for BobbyG) always seems when Im slow and bored, the forums are too! uggh!
But Im sure things will pick up soon and be back to arguing with some friends again soon!!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DDCStudios Visit DDCStudios's homepage! Find More Posts by DDCStudios

Old 12-11-2008, 06:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member GG#: 51075
Comments: 1
My Mood:
Send a message via Skype™ to PhotoDave1

PhotoDave1 is offline IP: 66.56.6.136

I attribute a large part of it to the quality of the members. Unlike many of the other internet photography and modeling sites there are no little boys and girls here.

Everyone I have ever encountered on Garage Glamour seems to be professionals who are very serious about their craft. They come to Garage Glamour with a purpose in mind and not to argue, or get as many friends as possible, or put up cell phone camera pictures.

Garage Glamour may not be the most popular or the most widely known site on the internet but it is the best. Long live Garage Glamour!! Nuff said!
deallen313@yahoo.com
Skype IM: DAllen3031
Twitter: ThePhotoPro1
Web Page: www.flickr.com/photos/3031photography/
Gear: Canon EOS 40D w/Grip + EOS 1N w/Grip; Tamron 28-70mm F2.8; Tamron 70-200 F2.8; Canon 430EXll
  View Public Profile Send a private message to PhotoDave1 Visit PhotoDave1's homepage! Find More Posts by PhotoDave1

Old 12-11-2008, 07:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoDave1 View Post
I attribute a large part of it to the quality of the members. Unlike many of the other internet photography and modeling sites there are no little boys and girls here.

Everyone I have ever encountered on Garage Glamour seems to be professionals who are very serious about their craft. They come to Garage Glamour with a purpose in mind and not to argue, or get as many friends as possible, or put up cell phone camera pictures.

Garage Glamour may not be the most popular or the most widely known site on the internet but it is the best. Long live Garage Glamour!! Nuff said!
Now Now Now! Professionals make their living doing this, I hardly qualify, and Im guessing there are quite a few more decent to great amateurs on here, than you think. and Im afraid in this economy a lot more amateurs to come! Professional or Amateur, I love the quality of work you can find here.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member GG#: 51075
Comments: 1
My Mood:
Send a message via Skype™ to PhotoDave1

PhotoDave1 is offline IP: 66.56.6.136

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDCStudios View Post
Now Now Now! Professionals make their living doing this, I hardly qualify, and Im guessing there are quite a few more decent to great amateurs on here, than you think. and Im afraid in this economy a lot more amateurs to come! Professional or Amateur, I love the quality of work you can find here.
Good point, I misspoke. When I wrote "professional", I was referring to the seriousness and mentality of the people who belong to Garage Glamour. By any definition out there I am an amateur but I take what I do very seriously.
deallen313@yahoo.com
Skype IM: DAllen3031
Twitter: ThePhotoPro1
Web Page: www.flickr.com/photos/3031photography/
Gear: Canon EOS 40D w/Grip + EOS 1N w/Grip; Tamron 28-70mm F2.8; Tamron 70-200 F2.8; Canon 430EXll
  View Public Profile Send a private message to PhotoDave1 Visit PhotoDave1's homepage! Find More Posts by PhotoDave1

Old 12-11-2008, 08:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Quote:
seriousness and mentality
Probably not a good topic to discuss with me involved!

Old 12-12-2008, 06:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37608

Mark_Oehler is offline IP: 173.19.191.209

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoDave1 View Post
I attribute a large part of it to the quality of the members.
okay, I will fess up....it's me.

Just kidding...and sorry for not getting any images into my new gallery.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Mark_Oehler Visit Mark_Oehler's homepage! Find More Posts by Mark_Oehler

Old 12-12-2008, 07:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 144.80.192.130

Sweet shot, Don.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
TJ Photography

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 70.250.249.241

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDCStudios View Post
One forum dies another pops up....GG seems to have been around the longest.
I wonder what the secret is, good photography? Good Discussion? or just lots of members? What is it about GG that appeals to you, what makes it solid??

I so totally LOVE...LOVE this shot!!! Everything about it is cool, the lighting, the blurred hallway, the awesome shot of the model...just Fabulous!!!