Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Assistance please- Virgin Islands locations/contacts?
Old 12-04-2008, 10:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 61414
Comments: 0

RedRing is offline IP: 205.188.117.71

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hello.

My name is Greg. I'm a fairly new amature here and I would be very appreciative of anyone here who may be able to offer advice on shooting in and around St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands.

I am very fortunate in that my wife happens to do some modeling and it appears that we may be spending a week this coming June staying in St. Thomas. I can't help feel this will be a wonderful opportunity to take some great shots and want begin making plans to that end.

But wherre to start?

I would love to hear from anyone who is familiar with shooting around this area. Anyone with some sage, insider advice or hard earned tips. Anyone familiar with any secluded shooting locations or beaches, available MUA's?

Anything would be helpful and appreciated.

Sincerely,

RedRing
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RedRing Find More Posts by RedRing

Re: Assistance please- Virgin Islands locations/contacts?
Old 12-05-2008, 08:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35411
Comments: 12
My Mood:

photoshooter is offline IP: 67.173.110.63

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hey Greg!
The extend of my experience in Virgin Island was the workshop put together by Rolando Gomez. It was a great experience, but it was confined to adjacent to St.Thomas' a Water Island, approximately 10 minutes ferry ride from the main island. The Water Island does have publically accessable Honeymoon Beach with pristine blue water. You may want look into renting a cottage there. After the workshop I and another photog stayed couple of extra days, rented a car and went on to explore some of the local beaches. The highlight was the visit next day to St.John. You may take your rental car there by ferry, it's worth the trip because it's less crowded and the many beatiful clean beaches will beat St.Thomas hands down. A local man named Anthony operates a discussion forum for the turist you may want to visit and ask questions. Participating members are a lot more knowledgable about the VI because they are frequent visitors to this wonderful spot. When you return from the trip please post about your experience. I am considering taking my new bride for a visit there may be in another two or three months. OH, almost forgot, bring a pair of diving shoes if any of you plan on going into water, stepping on a sea urchin can be very painful. Here is the link to that forum: http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.co...wforum.php?f=1

Pictured is Malynn on the rocky side of Water Island off the coast of St.Thomas.

View Public Profile Send a private message to photoshooter Visit photoshooter's homepage! Find More Posts by photoshooter

Old 12-05-2008, 03:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

RedRing is offline IP: 205.188.116.80

Photoshooter....Thanks so much for this information. This is exactly the kind of info I am in need of and it will be very helpful.

The tip on the beaches of St. John Island was a great start. I plan on searching for remote, pristine beaches...even if it requires private charters.

If you think of anything else, please let me know.

Thanks again.

RedRing
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RedRing Find More Posts by RedRing

Old 12-10-2008, 11:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

RedRing is offline IP: 205.188.116.80

Anybody else? Rolando? I was hoping for MUA's that may be based there.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 61647

hli1884 is offline IP: 68.220.133.135

RG usually flies his MUA in. Stephanie works with him on all of his larger projects.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to hli1884 Find More Posts by hli1884

Old 12-13-2008, 03:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35411
Comments: 12
My Mood:

photoshooter is offline IP: 67.173.110.63

Greg;
Take into consideration that US Virgin Islands are quite small and the majority population is none Cuacasian so not likely you will find a resident MUA. However, if I was in your place I would try to find a beauty solon in Charlotte Amalie and take my model to their place and then to the shooting location. You may have to Google for it. I tried the Caribbean Yellow Pages, but they only give you the phone numbers, actual address could be on any island. Here is the link in you wish to make some calls: http://www.yellowpages-caribbean.com/result.cfm/Virgin%20Islands%20(US)/category/Beauty+salons+and+services/
Hope it works out for you, sometimes with some extra effort you can have fantastic results.
Pictured is Amber Gangi on the shores of Salt River east of Phoenix near Superstition Mountains.

View Public Profile Send a private message to photoshooter Visit photoshooter's homepage! Find More Posts by photoshooter