Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Garage Glamour™ & Glamour 1™ Status
Old 11-08-2008, 05:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 72.191.15.133

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

To all Glamour1.com™ members and users:

I originally started Garage Glamour™ in March 1999. A few months later, two friends of mine convinced me to team up with them and form a corporation that would later own Garage Glamour™. Later that entity would form Glamour1.com and return GarageGlamour.com™ to me in exchange for that new domain. That corporation has undergone many changes, including various owners and eventually became non-operational. Due to the impact of the closure of Glamour1.com, I've relaunched GarageGlamour.com™ with the help of two close friends. You are now seeing the rebirth of "GG."

GG will honor all Lifetime memberships of Glamour1.com and all registered users. While we'll always be a free site, soon we will offer a special level of membership which will offer more--the Lifetime members will always retain top-billing and will always be of equal or greater capacity in membership levels.

Many will call it tough economic times for the demise of Glamour1.com, many will call it many things. Rumors are always rampant and they will bring in more traffic. Regardless, the former entity of Glamour1.com is non-operational and we welcome all users of Glamour1.com here as I've relaunched GarageGlamour.com™ with the help of my friends. For the most part, we are back to the old roots of what I first launched as my personal portfolio website, GarageGlamour.com™

With the re-launch of GarageGlamour.com™, we have new policies, including posting of any workshops and events--all must be posted in a specific format and by the rules in the Workshops and Events forum. As mentioned earlier, the times are economically challenged and we will no longer give workshop promoters free rides while they charge others for their own profit.

Other rules will soon apply, as our goal on Garage Glamour™ is not quantity, but quality in the posts, the members, and the audience that comes to this site for many reasons, including to learn more about glamour and other various forms of photography while helping spread the gospel of photography. We're also implementing easier navigation and functionality. Bear with us as we clean up the site and fix things for a user friendly experience.

Originally GarageGlamour.com™ was "dedicated to those who work full time to pay their bills while actively pursuing their passions in the (photographic) arts." Much like Paul Allen, the co-founder of Microsoft, who is a member of the "garage band," Grown Men, the garage concept is simple, passion, though sometimes that passion comes with sacrifice and one has to find other means of support while still enjoying their passions.

Yes, we are a website community and going back to its original family roots, glamour photography and modeling, and we will do our best to keep this a pleasant and clean operating environment, a positive experience is the mantra. We also want you to help us encourage interaction amongst our members and users. We thank you for your understanding and patience.

On another note, my DVD. First, some history. My first DVD was filled with promises that were never delivered. I was very cautious when I agreed to the second DVD, which I might add, the finished DVD is awesome. That company, of which I have no ownership or affiliation, has fallen under economic hardship with the current state of the economy.

There is another company that is currently negotiating full rights to the masters of that DVD and upon transfer of those rights, the reproduction and delivery of that product from the new company will begin. I will keep you posted on this forum when that occurs. My apologies for any delays, I never expected another negative DVD experience but am working hard with the future owners of those rights to get this DVD out. That ownership should be transferred soon so replication and distribution can start. The actual DVD is completed and awaits reproduction and distribution once the new company acquires those rights fully.

I can assure you, GarageGlamour.com™ is on a solid footing and we are here to stay, we've been around since 1999 and have implemented many safeguards to ensure that status. While mistakes have been made by many in the operational sense, we consider that experience lessons learned and are moving forward.

We hope you'll spread the word, a positive word, and invite your friends and colleagues. I might add, GarageGlamour.com is now advertised in six photography books, several photo magazines and throughout the Internet in various forms. Please help rebuild GG, we ask for your support, patience and thank you for being a part of this community and family. I will do my best to be more actively involved in this community and family I originally started, please keep in mind my workshop calendar takes me away often, as an example, I'll be in the Virgin Islands from Nov. 11-18th, but will do my best to check in. My partners will monitor the site and you can post any site issues here: http://www.garageglamour.com/forums/...splay.php?f=14 I also have a workshop in San Antonio to prepare for on the 22nd, then Daytona Beach on Dec. 6th & 7th. But I will do my best and soon you'll see a lot more of me on this site.

We also ask as part of that support for Garage Glamour™, that you visit our other partners for a world of possibilities at ShotCritic.com™, TFCD Photo Exchange™ and probably the best creative's social networking site, ModelOverDrive.com™ (Note: Both SC and MOD require registration, your GG username and pw do not work there, but both are free!)All the best, Rolando, aka, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez
Last edited by rolandogomez; 11-10-2008 at 01:54 AM..

Closed Thread