Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Flake or not to flake?
Old 04-07-2008, 01:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39216
Comments: 2
Send a message via MSN to isaiahbrink Send a message via Yahoo to isaiahbrink

isaiahbrink is offline IP: 70.133.197.84

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Well, after today, I'm not too sure about doing TFP/CD again. Here's what happened. A model and I setup a tfp/cd shoot for yesturday - 2pm at an agreed upon location in a public park. I'm almost there, about 20 minutes early when I get a text message from her letting me know that she had to work until 3am the night before and just woke up and was wondering if we could push the time back an hour or so. I didn't have a problem with it, so I agreed to it. I waited until 3 and got a another text from her that she was not even ready yet UGH!!!! So, she asked me if we could reschedule for today. I hestitantly agreed to that. Had a bad feeling about working with somebody who didn't ever answer the phone when I called, and only communicated with me via text message. We had met before in person on several occasions in the past and exchanged numbers, etc. and kept in touch. Well, today, I'm once again, almost to the park where we planned to do the shoot, when, you guessed it, she sent me a text letting me know that she had to work a 12 hour shift at work starting at 2pm, when we rescheduled. She then let me know that she had not said that she wanted to reschedule for today. Well, I obliged her by forwarding the text messages that she had sent me that she wanted to do it today.

Here's my question, while I don't want to work with her, at least on a TFP/CD basis because of her poor communication skills and wasting so much of my time. But, I'd like to hear what all of you have to say, should I give her another chance?

Re: Flake or not to flake?
Old 04-07-2008, 01:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 38676
Comments: 0

David_L_Brown is offline IP: 70.173.221.237

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I wouldn't unless she paid...in advance! Non-refundable, too.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to David_L_Brown Find More Posts by David_L_Brown

Old 04-07-2008, 05:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Vic Naumann

Member GG#: 40216
Comments: 37
My Mood:

Jagdoc is offline IP: 69.138.20.39

I usually give people a second chance unless it is obvious they are lying to me.

If they don't make the second scheduled shoot, I won't reschedule without a deposit. Most won't do that, and I feel I'm better off without people who don't value my time.

just what works for me.
Vic
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Jagdoc Find More Posts by Jagdoc

Old 04-07-2008, 06:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37608

Mark_Oehler is offline IP: 12.226.28.159

I'd cut her loose.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Mark_Oehler Visit Mark_Oehler's homepage! Find More Posts by Mark_Oehler

Old 04-07-2008, 07:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Member GG#: 40697
Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 98.200.128.177

Not NO but HELL NO...Unless I recieve a PHONE CALL 3 hours prior to a shoot...whether on location or in studio...I won't even leave the house. The models I work with KNOW this is how I operate and I make it VERY clear...You MUST contact me the day before the shoot and 3 to 4 hours PRIOR to our shoot confirming you will be there...I have had 1 model "play me" in the last 2 years (and she didn't like the results either and has since pulled her MM and OMP accts). I am perfectly fine with a reschedule with ample notice. Your scenario reveals a "wannabe" and the chances of her making a shoot are slim IMO...

As Tom Handy would say...

" If you are standing at the top of a volcano...and you accidentally drop your keys into the volcano...let em go cuz man they're gone..."

http://www.bobbygphoto.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot
Last edited by The_Glamour_Spot; 04-07-2008 at 08:04 AM.. Reason: Cuz I'm a no spellin chump hack photographer

Old 04-07-2008, 11:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36482
Comments: 2

lsc1 is offline IP: 70.153.62.28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_G View Post
(and she didn't like the results either and has since pulled her MM and OMP accts). "
Just curious Bobby...how did you help her realize she wasn't interested in being a model flake anymore...if you don't mind sharing some helpful hints?

"The girlshapedlovedrug messes with my mind." Gomez (the band)
  View Public Profile Send a private message to lsc1 Find More Posts by lsc1

Old 04-07-2008, 12:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsc1 View Post
Just curious Bobby...how did you help her realize she wasn't interested in being a model flake anymore...if you don't mind sharing some helpful hints?
I send ANY and all models that completely flake on me an email. Its very professional yet extremely to the point.

In the case of the model I referred to, she confirmed at NOON our 2:00 shoot just as I require. At 1:30 she calls to state she is running a bit late due to traffic but should be there by 2:15. At 2:05 she texts to state she is at her boyfriends just 5 minutes away but HE is in traffic and is running late. I responded by asking her "I'm not understanding what your BF has to do with your scheduled appointment?" She responded that she drove to his house so he could "drop her off"...I responded with "you mean you drove an hour, to 5 minutes away so he could drive you the last 5 minutes?" She responded with " yes he's about 15 minutes away and I will be there by 2:30"...

So at 2:40 she is not there and I begin calling...texting...calling....ALL with no response...

So I close up the studio...put everything away and head to the house. I gave her 24 hours to respond, but I hear nothing from her...

I send her an email asking if everything was ok and why she hadn't returned my texts, calls and emails. I get nothing back....Finally I send her a more abrupt email letting her know how unprofessional it is to No call/NO show...especially in the manner in which she led me to believe she would be there in a few minutes...

Her reply (summarized)..." My boyfriend was in a terrible wreck and had to be lifeflighted to the hospital...he has been in surgery for 2 days and I am just now getting home. I guess I didn't think to call and cancel you (her EXACT words), "you inconsiderate p_rick"...

So NOW I am pissed....The lieflights services in Houston are public record AND my brother is HFD, so I checked the LifeFlight log for the day AND called my brother to verify what I found...sure enough, the ONLY LifeFlight for that day was at 11:00 AM and the victim was a 67 year old African American truck driver...whom (and I may be stepping out on a limb here) I didn't think to be the BF of a 21 yr old "model"...

So I called her on the carpet with what I have found...I put in the email, "I am sorry to hear about that...what is his room number so I can send him some flowers?? The next time you make up a lie to get out of a shoot...you may want to lie about something that is unverifiable...I then told her I was going to let every photographer in the area know of her behavior and good luck finding any work....

Now you and I know that doesn't matter and honestly I only told a few close friends...In my email I told her that the BEST attribute a model has is professionalism...more so than looks, body and posing skills. SHow up on time...keep appointments and don't flake and you can find and KEEP work. I told her YOU don't posses that professionalism...do us ALL a favor and give up this facade of saying you're a model and delete your accounts...

Don't know if its pure coincidence or not...but about a week later her OMP and MM accounts were both gone...so mission accomplished...

View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

Old 04-07-2008, 12:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

As a side not to the above scenario...there isn't much one can do if a "model" behaves this way. All we can do is check references and do our homework and HOPEFULLY they show. I have had only a few absolute flakes over the years, but this one went WAY above and beyond the call of duty...

Normally I just let it go because if they don't call and confirm I don't show up so no loss....

Old 04-07-2008, 04:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Capri Photography

Member GG#: 45764
My Mood:

Jetboy is offline IP: 69.152.243.228

Don't even bother with her anymore, there are plenty of models to shoot with and more are cropping up all the time. Obviously your time and effort mean zip as far as she's concerned. I'm dealing with a similar situation (not with a model though) right now, and have just about had enough of it. There are just some people out there (seems like more every day) that are simply too wrapped up in themselves to have any consideration for other folks. I'm guess I'm venting a bit, but there ya go.

Alan

“Even under the best forms of government, those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.” -Thomas Jefferson
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Jetboy Visit Jetboy's homepage! Find More Posts by Jetboy

Old 04-07-2008, 09:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 60612
My Mood:

mistyangel is offline IP: 98.197.171.248

... always on time

Misty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_G View Post
I send ANY and all models that completely flake on me an email. Its very professional yet extremely to the point.

In the case of the model I referred to, she confirmed at NOON our 2:00 shoot just as I require. At 1:30 she calls to state she is running a bit late due to traffic but should be there by 2:15. At 2:05 she texts to state she is at her boyfriends just 5 minutes away but HE is in traffic and is running late. I responded by asking her "I'm not understanding what your BF has to do with your scheduled appointment?" She responded that she drove to his house so he could "drop her off"...I responded with "you mean you drove an hour, to 5 minutes away so he could drive you the last 5 minutes?" She responded with " yes he's about 15 minutes away and I will be there by 2:30"...

So at 2:40 she is not there and I begin calling...texting...calling....ALL with no response...

So I close up the studio...put everything away and head to the house. I gave her 24 hours to respond, but I hear nothing from her...

I send her an email asking if everything was ok and why she hadn't returned my texts, calls and emails. I get nothing back....Finally I send her a more abrupt email letting her know how unprofessional it is to No call/NO show...especially in the manner in which she led me to believe she would be there in a few minutes...

Her reply (summarized)..." My boyfriend was in a terrible wreck and had to be lifeflighted to the hospital...he has been in surgery for 2 days and I am just now getting home. I guess I didn't think to call and cancel you (her EXACT words), "you inconsiderate p_rick"...

So NOW I am pissed....The lieflights services in Houston are public record AND my brother is HFD, so I checked the LifeFlight log for the day AND called my brother to verify what I found...sure enough, the ONLY LifeFlight for that day was at 11:00 AM and the victim was a 67 year old African American truck driver...whom (and I may be stepping out on a limb here) I didn't think to be the BF of a 21 yr old "model"...

So I called her on the carpet with what I have found...I put in the email, "I am sorry to hear about that...what is his room number so I can send him some flowers?? The next time you make up a lie to get out of a shoot...you may want to lie about something that is unverifiable...I then told her I was going to let every photographer in the area know of her behavior and good luck finding any work....

Now you and I know that doesn't matter and honestly I only told a few close friends...In my email I told her that the BEST attribute a model has is professionalism...more so than looks, body and posing skills. SHow up on time...keep appointments and don't flake and you can find and KEEP work. I told her YOU don't posses that professionalism...do us ALL a favor and give up this facade of saying you're a model and delete your accounts...

Don't know if its pure coincidence or not...but about a week later her OMP and MM accounts were both gone...so mission accomplished...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mistyangel Visit mistyangel's homepage! Find More Posts by mistyangel