Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Something new has been added...
Old 02-24-2008, 06:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member GG#: 35406
Comments: 0

Al_Nowak is offline IP: 69.208.252.39

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I happened to click on one of the newly posted images in the preview window and, son of a gun, there was something new! What I presume is a whole slew of recently posted image thumbnails appeared below the main image.

I have to admit I was intrigued enough to actually click on a few of them to see their larger versions.

If you don't know what I am talking about, try clicking on the ....

Arggghhh. I can't duplicate how I got that page before. Trust me, if you click on some thumbnail, it will get you there, I just can't find it at the moment.

Okay, try this. I still had one window open, so just follow this link... http://www.glamour1.com/photoplog/index.php?n=14192

I'll have to figure out how I got there another time. I gotta run.

Elvis has left the building...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Al_Nowak Find More Posts by Al_Nowak

Re: Something new has been added...
Old 02-24-2008, 07:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.199.124.228

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Nowak View Post
I happened to click on one of the newly posted images in the preview window and, son of a gun, there was something new! What I presume is a whole slew of recently posted image thumbnails appeared below the main image.

I have to admit I was intrigued enough to actually click on a few of them to see their larger versions.

If you don't know what I am talking about, try clicking on the ....

Arggghhh. I can't duplicate how I got that page before. Trust me, if you click on some thumbnail, it will get you there, I just can't find it at the moment.

Okay, try this. I still had one window open, so just follow this link... http://www.glamour1.com/photoplog/index.php?n=14192

I'll have to figure out how I got there another time. I gotta run.
This is a long time bug in the system that is in vbulletin itself. Basically when you upload photos, there has always been an option to upload up to 5 at a time and have them appear as a group (you would check the Upload as Set box). So you would see the enlarged photo and up to 5 thumbnials of the other photos in the "set" or group. You can then click on each thumbnail to see the other photos in the group. But the bug is that sometimes you find one like you've found that has hundreds of thumbnails. It can take a long time for one of these pages to load and it also mixes nude and non nude photos and photos of different photographers. It has been reported to vbulletin, but to my knowledge they never fixed it nor even acknowledged the problem.

Here is the link where I posted a note about the original problem:

http://www.glamour1.com/forums/main-...oad#post238030

The above was posted over a year ago. I also had a number of PMs about it.

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Re: Something new has been added...
Old 02-24-2008, 10:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Al_Nowak is offline IP: 68.255.80.33

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Fredrick_Smith View Post
... But the bug is that sometimes you find one like you've found that has hundreds of thumbnails. It can take a long time for one of these pages to load and it also mixes nude and non nude photos and photos of different photographers. It has been reported to vbulletin, but to my knowledge they never fixed it nor even acknowledged the problem.
Well, that explains why I couldn't easily duplicate finding the page with all the thumbnails.

But actually, I LIKE seeing a big collection of thumbnails on one page, it gives me a chance to scan for shots I think are interesting without a lot of effort. I absolutely guarantee that I won't go scanning through individual portfolios to find the one or two shots I find interesting out of several hundred...

If the mixing of nude and non-nude images could be resolved adequately, I'd say, make it a FEATURE. But then whaddo I know...

View Public Profile Send a private message to Al_Nowak Find More Posts by Al_Nowak

FWIW... I'm liking this "glitch"...
Old 02-25-2008, 11:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Al_Nowak is offline IP: 68.255.81.15

Generally, if you can replicate a problem consistently, you can determine it's causal interactions, and fix it.

But ya know what, I've discovered that clicking on any image in the thumbnail collection brings up the selected image AND the collection of thumbnails. Cool... Although it appears to be the same collection of thumbnails from the original image. It'd really be cool if it was a new collection. Oh well...

I'm having fun with this.