Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Nylons Heels & Boose (I)
Old 02-14-2008, 11:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 43515
Comments: 0

DHDSP is offline IP: 84.58.23.33

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hi fellow G1'ers,

to continue my small series (also see my last post)
As always PLEASE C&C!

CU&TIA
Peter

"Nylons, Heels & Boose (I)

Re: Nylons Heels & Boose (I)
Old 02-14-2008, 12:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 144.80.192.130

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Not bad, but, IMO,

Seam not dead-on straight (it's hard to keep 'em straight, particularly with real, non-elastic hosiery).

Wrinkel on model's left ankle too pronounced - probably should have been fixed.

Tonal values of the nearly desaturated image causes legs nearly to blend into background. Not so much "pop" as previous image. MIGHT be better to desaturate the background completely - or slight more color to background than now.

Too many bottles, too light labels compete too strongly for viewers' attention. Leftmost bottle's label is nearly blown out.

Might want to crop top to just below the knee. The back of the knee gives a curve against the upper calf of her right leg that I personally find "visually confusing" - I think it detracts from the lines of her legs at the edge of the picture.

On the plus side, the model's got lovely ankles and calves, which you captured nicely; the shoes and choice of hosiery are perfect for this; and I can almost smell the smoke, see the dark, film-noir setting, and hear the beautiful, mysterious client talking to the gumshoe. Lighting on the legs and shoes excellent - most of the problems I have are centered around a too-obtrusive background.

Still, good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 43515

DHDSP is offline IP: 84.58.23.33

ok. I agree on most of your remarks. I really tried to make the image cooler.
And she was standing too close to the whiskey...

Just a quick shot at it, you mean more like this ?

Old 02-15-2008, 10:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 144.80.192.130

This is more the kind of crop I was talking about - the upper edge "looks" better to me without the curve of the calf/knee-back in it.
I also think the legs and shoes stand out more in color than in the first version. You might try selectively desaturating (or darkening/burning in) a bit everything BUT the legs, just to see whether that enhances the legs. I don't get the "noir" feeling from this one, but it's nonetheless delightfully pervy, if you will.

Thanks for sharing. And tolerating my kibitzing.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 59114

yultanman is offline IP: 74.12.236.97

here is my most current example of a similar style:

View Public Profile Send a private message to yultanman Visit yultanman's homepage! Find More Posts by yultanman

Old 02-21-2008, 07:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 60549
Send a message via Yahoo to wyattsmoma

wyattsmoma is offline IP: 87.177.4.67

I loved the cropped and Brighter version, I might not make it quite so bright though, I loved the First copy's Noir feel to it. If you do a similar shot again I would really focus on getting those Nylons perfect on her though, Those legs should be shown off and the wrinkles were the second thing I noticed. I feel bad offering advice because I have little know how in this type of art though. From a Artists point of view ( I love drawing the pictures I see on here... Just for me and my Sketch book ) When I draw this I would have to undo those wrinkles!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to wyattsmoma Find More Posts by wyattsmoma