Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Adobe PS CS3 for US$299 from Adobe..ends Feb.29th.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37106
Comments: 29
My Mood:

RHWeiner is offline IP: 24.82.150.212

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

[I decided to set up a new thread for visibility sake, as this was buried in a previous Piracy thread here]

[Oh and btw...try calling 1-800-585-0774 (6AM - 8PM PacificTime) for Adobe Customer Services]

[Another thing...When I talked to an Adobe Rep on the phone (when I placed my order) they said that the offer had been on the Adobe website since the beginning of the month. I'll be damned if I can find a link anywhere to it though (as many of you have probably found out yourselves). The URL that a link via an email a friend had recieved was to http://direct.abode.com But that's a useless link as it brings you to some other site for another direct marketing (?) business. Sooooo, long story short, the deal will work via a phone call but seemingly it's not on their website...or it is, but it's so frigging buried that Adobe hopes not too many of us find it???]

Adobe has a deal on right now until Feb.29th. Owners (registered) of Abobe Photoshop Elements versions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6 can purchase a full blown boxed copy of PS CS3 (otherwise known as PS 10) for US $299. You have to call into the Customer Service number but the procedure is quite painless. They will also ask if you want to buy the printed User Guide for an extra US $12. The package will be sent via FedEx. So all in all, after taxes and shipping my package showed up this morning after ordering on the 7th. of this month for the grand total of $351.47

That was the US price so I'm not sure what actual Canadian dollars that will be on my credit card but as we are hovering around par I figure I'll be paying either a bit more or less. Had this deal been on a year ago or, worse, a couple of years ago when the Canadian dollar was worth 75cents US I know I wouldn't have gone for it. As it was, I just happened to have had the money in the bank (I was saving up for a 40D...that will now have to wait a few more months) and I had earlier bought Elements 6 for 2/3 the retail cost (do searches for good pricing). So taking into account the cost for the Elements package I'm probably up around $425 to $430 invested and garnering 2 programs and a printed manual for PS ...still 1/2 of Retail cost 'off the shelf' for just PS CS3 alone!

...one last thing...
If you *do* decide to do this and you are successful (a confirmation email will be sent to you from Adobe) please add a reply here...for verification that this is a Real deal.
Last edited by RHWeiner; 02-12-2008 at 10:40 PM.. Reason: Added time for calling...

Re: Adobe PS CS3 for US$299 from Adobe..ends Feb.29th.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.199.124.228

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Here is a copy of the Adobe email with the details needed including the offer code:

Quote:
From Adobe email:

Turn the perfect shot into the perfect image With Adobe Photoshop Elements software, you've seen how you can bring out the best in your photos. Now, you can get all of the power you ever wanted with new Adobe Photoshop CS3 software for just US$299 ? a savings of more than 50% off the full price at the Adobe Store!

An offer this good doesn't last forever. Move up at the Adobe Store by 2/29/08.

To order by phone, call 1-800-585-0774 and mention offer code 27105. Have your Adobe Photoshop Elements serial code ready for verification. Exclusive offer for Adobe Photoshop Elements owners only

This limited-time offer ends February 29, so buy today! Exclusive offer terms and conditions: The US$299 price offer for Adobe Photoshop CS3 software is available only to licensed users of Photoshop Elements 1.0 - 6 and Adobe Photoshop Elements plus Adobe Premiere Elements bundle who purchase the full version of Photoshop CS3 directly from Adobe. The US$299 promotional price is redeemable only when you call customer service. Offer begins 2/4/08 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT 2/29/2008. Limit one copy of Adobe Photoshop CS3 per customer. Offer is not valid to owners of Photoshop Album, Photoshop Limited Edition, or PhotoDeluxe. Offer is not valid to education or volume licensing customers as well as resellers. Prices are in U.S. dollars. All prices are available by calling 1-800-585-0774 and are valid in the U.S. and Canada only, excluding Quebec. Applicable local sales taxes may apply and shipping may apply. Allow 2 - 3 weeks for software delivery. Offer subject to change or withdrawal without notice. Void where prohibited.

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 02-13-2008, 11:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35247
Comments: 11
My Mood:

G_Roux is offline IP: 199.227.239.138

Thanks for the info. That is a price I can handle. Will try it tonight when I get home and can get to my elements serial code on my home computer. Thanks again. gus
  View Public Profile Send a private message to G_Roux Find More Posts by G_Roux

Old 02-13-2008, 12:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 40230
Comments: 0

ELFanucchi is offline IP: 71.145.148.63

They - Adobe - sent me email invite to upgrade.
I did - got it on now !!
They also charged state sales tax on it eventho I am in different state {???}.

EL

Activation issues
Old 02-13-2008, 04:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

RHWeiner is offline IP: 24.82.150.212

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELFanucchi View Post
They - Adobe - sent me email invite to upgrade.
I did - got it on now !!
They also charged state sales tax on it eventho I am in different state {???}.

EL
Just out of curiousity... Which version of PS Elements are you upgrading from?

The reason I ask is that I'm having issues with this whole procedure. The install went fine enough but when it came time to activate it the program was looking for a serial number of the Elements I was coming from. Funny (actually irritating!) thing is that the pull down only gives you 3 options...Elements 3, 4 or 5. There's no other choices. Kind of makes one wonder about their email stating that this upgrade is valid from ver.1.0 to 6.
Then where are the other options of ver. 2, 3 or 6? Given that the DVD itself has a date of 2007 on it I'm assuming that this is not a fresh pressing and so the activation will be (is...I'm on the phone, holding, listening to some smooth jazz...where are the human reps? On lunch? Grumble, Grumble.) a hassle.

It also doesn't help that there Customer Service lines are going to be down from 5 on Friday to early Monday!

Oh well, I'll post further updates on this as I get things happening.

...a bit later...

So I'm still on the phone waiting to be transferred. The rep on the Activation Team gave me the wrong number and I had to go through Sales. Damn. Well at least it's their quarter as the numbers are 800 calls.

True Customer Service (the guys behind Sales) number is 1-800-833-6687 option 3.

Still on hold...grrr

Well I'd best post this...and get some food into me. Lunch is never long enough.

Richard W.

Time=12:50PM
Just got off the phone. It looks like I'll have to wait until I get home to get this figured out but I may be screwed over...I may not be eligible for an "Upgrade" but an "Upsale"...the upgrade $199..the upsale $599 (or something like that). If this is true then I'm *not* going to be happy with the Adobe people!

Old 02-13-2008, 06:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 48197
Comments: 4
My Mood:

BillD is offline IP: 76.235.183.107

I got an email from Adobe because I'm a registered user of Elements 4. The link in the email didn't work so I went to the Adobe web site, got the phone number and ordered my copy over the phone. Ordered it last Friday and it came in the mail Monday.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BillD Find More Posts by BillD

Old 02-13-2008, 10:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

RHWeiner is offline IP: 75.157.223.104

!Finally! got the damnable thing activated. I ended up phoning the Support people and having to 'challenge' the non-activation (I think because I have Elements 6 and not 3, 4 or 5). It was fairly painless but irritating.

Of course, because I had so much trouble trying to get this working for me now if I want to install the program on another new computer (mine's getting old...still works though [fingers crossed]) I'll have to do the same 'challenge' thing again! I believe the program generates a number which you give over the phone and get a response sequence to enter in. So it's not worth it to try to use the numbers again.

Anyway...I wish all who have bought the upgrade (especially the non 3,4 or 5 users) the best of luck in getting it activated.

PS...the Support Center will be shut down from 5PM tomorrow to Monday. So if you are trying to get this done on this weekend...tough luck.

Richard W.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35783
Comments: 7
My Mood:

stevenD is offline IP: 96.229.239.177

you all can get it here for the same price until Nov. 30, 2008

https://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/sto...iateID=1416947

Old 02-14-2008, 02:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

RHWeiner is offline IP: 75.157.223.104

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenD View Post
you all can get it here for the same price until Nov. 30, 2008
Interesting bit on that page..."Must own the Photoshop Elements that came bundled with your product".

So that opens this up quite a bit. Initially I thought you couldn't use the Elements that may have come with your tablet or camera. It's also interesting that this is good till end of November.

Thanks.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35783
Comments: 7
My Mood:

stevenD is offline IP: 71.177.152.202

I had a copy of Elements that I think came with my old Epson 1280, but I must have given it up when I sold the printer,

Does anyone have an old copy of Elements that they are no longer using?

I will paypal ya a few bucks for it...