Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
My new PWS award.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 55362
Comments: 0

nakins is offline IP: 70.232.38.222

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I think I'm going to start my own weekly award that I'll give out to the poster who has posted an image or images from a shoot he/she created which display their skill as a glamour photoghapher and who are also one lucky sob. Now the question of luck verse skill is always debatable. But, There is luck, I believe, in timing, in chance, in the presentation of an opportunity, to capture an image.

So, my award, the PWS, will go to the poster who has the skill under his belt and luck on his side. This award will be know as "Photographers Who Suck".

Examples of those who would have won this suspicious award in the past, if the award had been around, are:

JimmyD for his Tera Patrick shoot.
The guy who got the Penthouse covers.
Anyone who I said "you suck" to in their thread.

I hope you alll will embrace the concept of this award and join me in expressing our collective envy at their great technical skill and incredible luck.

So, when you see the PWS award in a thread, please join me in telling them "you suck".

Thank you.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to nakins Find More Posts by nakins

Re: My new PWS award.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 52976
Comments: 43
My Mood:

soupman is offline IP: 75.40.254.230

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I guess I am too out of touch with things today. I don't see how "you suck" reflects great credit upon anyone.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to soupman Find More Posts by soupman

Old 02-10-2008, 10:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45340

PhotosbyChuck is offline IP: 68.77.144.245

It's more a statement of envy.
  View Public Profile Visit PhotosbyChuck's homepage! Find More Posts by PhotosbyChuck

Old 02-10-2008, 11:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 55362

nakins is offline IP: 70.232.40.4

JimmyD sucks because he gets to do what we all want to do. and he does it for a living. He gets to take pictures of attractive women, in varius stages of dress, all day, every day, if he wants. He has fun and makes money having fun, looking at pretty women all day. Oh, and he is good at it, too. He sucks.

BobbyG sucks. While i don't think he does photography for a living, maybe he does, he gets to take picture of attractive women, in various stages of dress. Where he comes up with these women, whether he pays them or they pay him, I don't know. But he finds them and shoots some good looking woman at least once a week. Probably more than that. He gets to do what I would like to do, and he is good at it. He sucks.

Both of these guys have paid their dues, and have learned the craft. JimmyD doesn't have to have luck anymore. His has gained a reputation. But he probably had a little luck thrown his way from time to time. And I'm sure he will take any luck that comes his way. he knows what to do with it.

Bobby_G is getting there, and while he may not be in the same situation as JimmyD, he is well on the path to where he wants to go. The hard work is really over for him. He has a portfolio of good work, of good looking women. He can make whatever he wants to out of his skills now. In my book, he's pretty darn lucky.

Then, there is MPS, who is a skillful practioner. You can tell one of his shots in the thumbnails and not even have to see the MPS logo. His skill is obvious. But, luck still finds it's way to him. Find his "One night in Las Vegas" thread. How many photographers do you know that have taken pictures of a playboy playmate? He can say that he has and prove it. Nevermind the luck and chance envolved in getting the actual pictures. Just think of how much value there is to a photographer in saying "I've done shoots with playboy playmates". What luck!

I've been trying for the last two years to do what these guys do. I had a partner who flaked out on me. I've worked my ass off. I've spent money. I've tired to set up shoots. I've had equipment failures. I've had no shows. Been turn down. And all this is to just take pictures which will not even come close to the quality of the afore mentioned shooters. They have been lucky enough to be able to persue and develop their skills. and with each step they acheive something.

I envy them. They suck for their luck.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to nakins Find More Posts by nakins

Old 02-11-2008, 12:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 75.23.179.246

I'm flattered!

But just remember, sometimes--more often than you might think--it sucks on the other side of the fence-- you know, that place where others would like to suck at. And, of course, from my side of the fence, other sides look like places I'd like to suck at and, in fact, I'm working at sucking at.

Thanks again for the kind words. I'm flattered you think I suck!!!

My NSFW blog
: http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 02-11-2008, 07:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Member GG#: 40697
Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 98.200.128.177

Thank you for the kind words...to be mentioned in the same sentence "photography wise" with JimmyD is extremely flattering to me...

http://www.bobbygphoto.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

Old 02-12-2008, 01:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 41572

DBA1 is offline IP: 75.82.14.225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_G View Post
Thank you for the kind words...to be mentioned in the same sentence "photography wise" with JimmyD is extremely flattering to me...
Yea, but you still suck

Old 02-12-2008, 11:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 56870
Comments: 3

BobEdens is offline IP: 74.205.135.50

You suck, You're phat, You're the S**t, You bomb.....

all compliments. Models look at their photos and say things like "you bomb" I have to ask "Is that a good thing??"

I've shot a girl published in playboy, not a playmate, but published. The big complimnet to me was when she said she enjoyed working with me as much as when she shot for playboy (five years before) Had to work to get my swollen head in my van... [grin]

in this business, even us "hobby" guys, word of mouth is everything.

And I agree but Bobby and Jimmy aren't the only shooters here that suck. And the fact that people with this skill level will look at my photos and make suggestions really really sucks..... [grin]
Last edited by BobEdens; 02-12-2008 at 11:43 AM.. Reason: make *** into a word

Old 02-12-2008, 11:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 40073
Comments: 1
My Mood:

MrPhotoStudios is offline IP: 71.16.88.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakins View Post
Then, there is MPS, who is a skillful practioner. You can tell one of his shots in the thumbnails and not even have to see the MPS logo. His skill is obvious. But, luck still finds it's way to him. Find his "One night in Las Vegas" thread. How many photographers do you know that have taken pictures of a playboy playmate? He can say that he has and prove it. Nevermind the luck and chance envolved in getting the actual pictures. Just think of how much value there is to a photographer in saying "I've done shoots with playboy playmates". What luck!
Wow, I suck....

Thanks for the compliment and the honor to be included with Jimmy D and Bobby G. They both produce awesome images and also inspire me too.

You said how lucky I was to get to work with Sara and I agree I am. I was at the right place at the right time.

Just to clarify, Sara is a Playboy model, not playmate. Although she was contacted the day before about she is up for playmate in 3 or 4 months. You will see her in some upcoming issues for two projects she did for them.

Thanks again and I'll try to keep up the sucking work...

Mike

Old 02-12-2008, 08:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 36974
My Mood:

Photomart is offline IP: 76.186.39.178

For years I've tried to be a good photographer, like JimmyD or BobbyG, but now I wish I sucked. Maybe I need to change my name to MartyG
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Photomart Visit Photomart's homepage! Find More Posts by Photomart