Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
TFP -- like a hemorrhoid
Old 01-29-2008, 04:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 40754
Comments: 0
Send a message via AIM to NetMap Send a message via Yahoo to NetMap

NetMap is offline IP: 76.111.62.85

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Never again will I do one, Call beg whatever these is no way hell I will do it again. This young lady who shall remain nameless Natasha contacted over a month or 2 wanted me to shoot her for free that is the definition of TFP if you don’t know (Officially it means Time for Prints) but I don’t need to practice and when I do need to use someone for a project of mine I contact them, but anyway I had some open time between shoots like 4 hours at the studio so I tell her yes I will she is claiming broke as hell so this will be a TFP and I was developing charters for K1.

I do the FREE SHOOT (TFP) she has no budget according to her, no money none, nada. So we have no MUA (make up artest) but she says she can do her own, I send over my photo shoot check list so she knows what wardrobe to bring. We do the shoot.

A day later we are going over the images and she kicks the external backup drive off my computer, it was a mistake. The drive contains most of the work I have shot in the past 3 years. I had not archived the past 8 months to DVD (wont make that mistake again). The external drive fails, SEMA is in a couple of weeks I have several automotive customers whose images are on that drive. Now I am SOL ! Cherry Data systems is other the other side of Atlanta I have had great luck with them some years ago but they are busy. I need to start designing the SEMA media like yesterday.

Long story short it took me a week and countless hours to cobble together the images I needed, I always burn my raw work to a CD after a shoot and label it. Then store it in a one of those hard shell CD cases, but not in order (wont do that again) I only index my drive.

.. Sorry I digressed I shoot 3 looks and Give her a CD of some of the images. Now 1 month later I get a call from a fellow photographer who wants to rent my studio cool, because this photographer sends me customers I give him a freebee. Guess who he is shooting Natasha now she has big budget money she can afforded to pay the stylist, MUA and of course the photographer. She did not know he would be shooting her at my studio. She sent me a message the day before asking to do something and I ended my response that “I will see you sooner than you think. “

At first I was pisssssssssssssssed oh I was pissed the hair on my ball had fist and were ready to fight, but I was my own fault in that I devalued my work by doing a TFP that was of no benefit to me. This was Gods way of reminding me that one should not do TFP’s that does not benefit ME!

Funny thing she arrives at my studio and says “Hay aren’t you happy to see me “my reply “Yea like a hemorrhoid”
Last edited by NetMap; 01-29-2008 at 08:29 AM..

Re: TFP -- like a hemorrhoid
Old 01-29-2008, 06:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Vic Naumann

Member GG#: 40216
Comments: 37
My Mood:

Jagdoc is offline IP: 69.138.20.39

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

TFP or TFCD is not a 'Free' shoot. Everyone involved is supposed to get something out of it.

If you don't think it will benefit you, and you don't feel like doing it. you shouldn't do it. Complaining afterwards is silly, it was your choice.

Good luck on recovering your data.

Vic
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Jagdoc Find More Posts by Jagdoc

Old 01-29-2008, 08:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Vic

Read it for what is a funny story .. and thank you I recovered my data months ago

Old 01-29-2008, 12:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35629

grsphoto is offline IP: 70.52.120.191

Some models are flakes..get used to it.

The part of your story I find really unbelieveable is that you are admitting in public that you don't make back-ups of client files.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Photographer/Instructor

Member GG#: 52660
Send a message via AIM to DaveB Send a message via Yahoo to DaveB Send a message via Skype™ to DaveB

DaveB is offline IP: 69.250.79.213

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMap View Post
I don’t need to practice and when I do need to use someone for a project of mine I contact them
Just like the model did to you??
david@posneg.com
My Current Photography Workshops
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DaveB Visit DaveB's homepage! Find More Posts by DaveB

Old 01-29-2008, 10:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Grsphoto
You did not understand the message . I back up everything immediately I archive my indexed images .more infrequently get used to what ….. She did not flake she just choose to spend her money elsewhere. The irony is that she cost me money then when she got some money spent it else where.

Dave B
My “general” rule is only do TFP with previous customer so it is rare that I do a TFP with some one I have not worked with

THis is not ment to slam the model she just could have let me recoupe a few bucks ................ I did not take the situation serious after 5 minutes Had to laugh at myself
Last edited by NetMap; 01-30-2008 at 12:09 AM..