Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
The Desert Fox...(Fetish)
Old 01-17-2008, 07:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 46127
Comments: 0

PhotosByDolph is offline IP: 74.228.71.177

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

The Desert Fox

So I ended up shooting Jessica in a military fetish outfit for a Secret Magazine (Brussels, Belgiuim) ad job. The more I played with it, I turned into a vintage image. Then a a really old decrepit photo.
Looking like a military pinup (for the other guys) I was thinking... If we had Betty Grable and Rita Heyworth who did they have?
Certainly, the minister of propaganda Josef Gerbles would never stand for someting like this.

So you can kinda see my progression of my thinking pattern on this one. Each morning I would wake up, I would take it in another direction. This is what I have so far.

A member of Rummel's Afrika Corps had it in his pocket. Pulled it out one last time to look at it before his death. Was it a pinup star or a girlfriend that sent him a photo of her playing dress up. I haven't decided yet.

One of the new prints showing at East Side Lounge this weekend.
It looks awsome as a 20" x 30". I have already sold the first two numbered prints.

And on a rare occasion I will show my "Secrets."
Secret??
It's no secret.... just think it and do it.

And instead of relying heavily on digital manipulated props and backgrounds which seems to be quite a popular trend these days, I have always been one to just do my OWN thing. Beside I get to have fun and play with Army Men in my own sandbox.

View Public Profile Send a private message to PhotosByDolph Visit PhotosByDolph's homepage! Find More Posts by PhotosByDolph
Last edited by PhotosByDolph; 01-17-2008 at 08:09 PM.. Reason: changed title to protect the innocent.

Re: The Desert Fox...(Fetish)
Old 01-17-2008, 07:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35278

CoreyMarcello is offline IP: 70.58.139.72

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

If we were in "the cell" and I had to go inside your brain, honestly I can't imagine what I would run in to. Where do you get this stuff LOL. Nice.....
  View Public Profile Send a private message to CoreyMarcello Visit CoreyMarcello's homepage! Find More Posts by CoreyMarcello

Old 01-18-2008, 12:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Member GG#: 48779

Brennans_Photography is offline IP: 68.190.201.215

Awesome shot!! Thanks for showing the setup!!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Brennans_Photography Visit Brennans_Photography's homepage! Find More Posts by Brennans_Photography

Old 01-18-2008, 05:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 56261

Dakewl is offline IP: 80.59.52.83

I usually dont like the fetish themes, and moreover when there're some nazi symbols. But I must say this pic is great, and you've made a really good job. My most sincere congratulations and thanks for posting the setup.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 57794

3rd Coast Twist is offline IP: 163.188.53.109

Cool stuff!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to 3rd Coast Twist Find More Posts by 3rd Coast Twist

Old 01-18-2008, 08:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 59966
Comments: 1

Bill Schuman is offline IP: 68.197.206.2

Wow this is some great stuff, the detail, colors and vintage effect where great. To show how you did it all makes it complete for the photographers here to see how you made it all work, how do you sleep at night with all this in your head.

-Bill
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Bill Schuman Find More Posts by Bill Schuman

Old 01-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 57919
Comments: 1

kgphoto is offline IP: 69.235.84.231

Man you have done a wonderful job here. To fully polish it, I would grunge up the hands a bit to match the rest of the skeleton.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to kgphoto Find More Posts by kgphoto

Old 01-19-2008, 08:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38178

Ron_C is offline IP: 204.118.88.20

Nice work....

Thanks for showing the set design.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 46127

PhotosByDolph is offline IP: 24.30.16.173

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgphoto View Post
Man you have done a wonderful job here. To fully polish it, I would grunge up the hands a bit to match the rest of the skeleton.
Thank you kg. Yea, that is my final touch to the image. I just ran out of time right now. The image was uploaded to my printer's FTP on Wednesday evening, printed and mounted on Thursday and then hung in the gallery last night.
The opening reception is tonight. Saturday 19th. So you see how I took it down to the wire.

If you look at the second to last photo, you will see how the arms of the skeleton are different. That is because they are from two different skeletons. The main skeleton is from my best friend's haunted house Netherworld (he is the creator of the #1 Haunt in America... no joke.http://www.fearworld.com/video.php?id=ig9dhC06nwU&ty=yt) Anyway, I picked out the best looking one from the dozens that they have up there.
Now understand that these are not cheap plastic carnival junk you would find at other HH's. No these are accurate and expensive medical skeletons that contain all 206 bones in the body. The skeletons in the spook house have been painted, weathered, and rotting flesh applied (liquid latex and cotton)
However, Billy has a new, untouched medical skeleton that stands in the corner of his living room. He has had it for years. Recently, it had a santa hat on it and wrapped up with christmas lights.

Note: the hinged wrist and fingers in the last photo

I couldn't use the hands from the painted skeleton because the fingers were all mucked up with the latex and wouldn't bend correctly and couldn't hold the post card for the photograph. So I went over to Billy's house and unscrewed the two arms from his untouched skeleton. I took both arms because I didn't really know which one I would need. Speaking of which, he wants the arms back... he says that Frank is just not the same.

So anyway, that is the plan. I took plenty of photographs of the rotting flesh and the fingers and arms. I will use layer masks and texture brushed to finalize the print. i will take a lot of time and can't be rushed to make it look good. The next place the print will be seen is in Detroit at the Dirty Show over Valentine's day. So I should be done by then with Desert Fox v 2.0

I just happened to run out of time on the first print. Perhaps that will make it Desert Fox v 1.0 worth more. haha ?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to PhotosByDolph Visit PhotosByDolph's homepage! Find More Posts by PhotosByDolph
Last edited by PhotosByDolph; 01-19-2008 at 03:05 PM..

Old 01-20-2008, 11:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36482
Comments: 2

lsc1 is offline IP: 65.12.50.125

Great work as usual. I just saw something on TV last week that gave me a idea for a shoot with the German WWII vintage hat and the medal/necklace would be a great touch too. I've never done anything like this so where would you get props like this?

Thanks for sharing your setup, again great work.

"The girlshapedlovedrug messes with my mind." Gomez (the band)
  View Public Profile Send a private message to lsc1 Find More Posts by lsc1