Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Faye: A bit challenging to light
Old 12-15-2007, 03:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 75.23.179.246

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Maybe you like it, maybe you think it sucks, or maybe you're somewhere in between... but if you're wondering what made this something of a lighting challenge, check out my latest blog update by clicking HERE

My NSFW blog
: http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Re: Faye: A bit challenging to light
Old 12-15-2007, 05:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Vic Naumann

Member GG#: 40216
Comments: 37
My Mood:

Jagdoc is offline IP: 69.138.20.39

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Always a pleasure to see your work, and an added bonus to see the setups you used. Thanks,

Vic
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Jagdoc Find More Posts by Jagdoc

Old 12-15-2007, 06:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.251.150.146

Will you do anything about the view out the window in post?

PS: I'm typing this response on one of my two Window's Vista machines. The one I'm typing this message on is a new lap top. It works fantastically --- very fast and Vista is a real jewel. All my software seems to work great and even a 10 year old printer and wonder of wonders a DOS based game from the early 90's works also.

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 12-15-2007, 08:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Fredrick_Smith View Post
Will you do anything about the view out the window in post?

PS: I'm typing this response on one of my two Window's Vista machines. The one I'm typing this message on is a new lap top. It works fantastically --- very fast and Vista is a real jewel. All my software seems to work great and even a 10 year old printer and wonder of wonders a DOS based game from the early 90's works also.

Cheers,
rfs
i won't do anything with the view, altho it would be easy enough to replace it. the client's graphic designer probly will.

lucky you with vista. does your laptop have a ton of RAM? i've been researching a bit and it seems like about 20% of the vista users are happy with it yet the rest think it sucks. the old 80/20 thing... seems like it's an axiom of some sort.

My NSFW blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 12-15-2007, 08:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

2gb of RAM. Any Vista laptop with less than that will probably be sluggish especially if the Video card uses shared memory which almost all laptop cards do. But with 2gb, you do get snappy performance. I've found that most of the unhappy Vista users have machines that are older or not really up to the spec needed. I think a dual core machine is needed also.
Cheers,
rfs

View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 12-15-2007, 09:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Quote:
2gb of RAM. Any Vista laptop with less than that will probably be sluggish especially if the Video card uses shared memory which almost all laptop cards do. But with 2gb, you do get snappy performance. I've found that most of the unhappy Vista users have machines that are older or not really up to the spec needed. I think a dual core machine is needed also.
Cheers,
rfs
if i had installed vista on an older machine i wouldn't be bitching about it. it would be my stupidity. but they have no business installing an operating system that, basically, doesn't operate on the BRAND SPANKING NEW machine it's installed on. BTW, my son-in-law bought a new Sony w/ 1g of RAM and dual-processors and Vista runs like crap on it. I guess he's gonna have to upgrade his RAM. The Toshiba laptop I bought only has a single processor and 512 of RAM. I only intended to use it to bring to the set to DL images off of CF cards and burn DVDs. But it can't handle that with VISTA. Like is said, they have no business putting Vista on machines that aren't fast enough or have enough ram to run it. I'm not talking about it simply running slow. It literally won't run half the crap that's bundled on the machine. Picassa being one of programs that crashes and won't burn a DVD. Consumer fraud in my opinion.

My NSFW blog

Old 12-15-2007, 10:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 47214
Comments: 0

photojim06 is offline IP: 24.29.217.117

Jimmy always a pleasure to view your work! Thanks for sharing and have a great holiday!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to photojim06 Visit photojim06's homepage! Find More Posts by photojim06

Old 12-15-2007, 11:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyd View Post
if i had installed vista on an older machine i wouldn't be bitching about it. it would be my stupidity. but they have no business installing an operating system that, basically, doesn't operate on the BRAND SPANKING NEW machine it's installed on. BTW, my son-in-law bought a new Sony w/ 1g of RAM and dual-processors and Vista runs like crap on it. I guess he's gonna have to upgrade his RAM. The Toshiba laptop I bought only has a single processor and 512 of RAM. I only intended to use it to bring to the set to DL images off of CF cards and burn DVDs. But it can't handle that with VISTA. Like is said, they have no business putting Vista on machines that aren't fast enough or have enough ram to run it. I'm not talking about it simply running slow. It literally won't run half the crap that's bundled on the machine. Picassa being one of programs that crashes and won't burn a DVD. Consumer fraud in my opinion.
I can certainly understand your frustration in your example. But it was not Microsoft's fault or Vista's fault but rather the Manufacturers that put Vista on stripped down machines.
Cheers,
rfs

Old 12-16-2007, 01:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Quote:
I can certainly understand your frustration in your example. But it was not Microsoft's fault or Vista's fault but rather the Manufacturers that put Vista on stripped down machines.
Cheers,
rfs
I somewhat agree. But I'm also reasonably sure both the manufacturer (Toshiba) and Microsoft were and are aware of the problems and for whatever reasons--reasons that might not have the consumer's interests as their highest priority--decided to install an operating system on machines that weren't able to support that system's needs.

I don't believe there are many, if any, newly manufactured PCs being sold anywhere today that come with anything but Windows' Vista installed as their operating systems. This isn't because the manufacturers all decided, independently and irresponsibly, to install operating systems that don't work properly on their new machines. I'm guessing MS is requiring all new PCs, as part of their licensing agreements with those manufacturers, to have Vista installed: Licensing agreements the manufacturers have agreed to, knowing full well their machines are not properly equipped to handle Vista.

My NSFW blog

Old 12-16-2007, 07:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 54172
Comments: 5
My Mood:

cifcap is offline IP: 87.177.85.59

Quote:
All my software seems to work great and even a 10 year old printer and wonder of wonders a DOS based game from the early 90's works also.
That's good to know sir as I still have a few DOS games that are a hoot to play!

Jimmy D,

I like it and not everyone has a beautiful cityscape in their living room window. And another thanks for sharing your set-up.

JW
  View Public Profile Send a private message to cifcap Visit cifcap's homepage! Find More Posts by cifcap