Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
when you say "In my studio"
Old 11-22-2007, 07:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 56870
Comments: 3

BobEdens is offline IP: 68.59.249.94

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

When you say "In my studio" what do you really mean?
This is meant for the hobby shooters with "day jobs".

Me? My studio is move the lawn mower and bike and set up lights in a one car garage. If its too cold or too hot move everything into the kitchen/Den.

Re: when you say "In my studio"
Old 11-22-2007, 10:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Vic Naumann

Member GG#: 40216
Comments: 37
My Mood:

Jagdoc is offline IP: 69.138.20.39

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Mine is livingroom/diningroom, and I move back sometimes and shoot from the hall if I'm doing full length. Sometimes one of the bedrooms works well too.

Models seem to like to shoot here and I give them a room and bathroom to themselves. A dedicated studio is too expensive for a hobby shooter like me.

Fortunately, I live alone and have the luxury of leaving the backdrop stands and the lights set up and pushed against the wall.

I plan on trying the garage this winter as I just put down a black and white tile floor.

Vic
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Jagdoc Find More Posts by Jagdoc

Old 11-23-2007, 12:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 36333
Comments: 0

gr8shotz00 is offline IP: 67.171.119.22

Mine is usually the bedroom too. its big enough i can get gear and people in and still be able to shoot. Since my models are mostly family. I like to shoot in hotel rooms too. They seem to have plenty of room, and usually have new props that can be a nice bonus. I am always on a look out for nice outside sites. I tend to shoot more friends and non family outside more. Its just more comfortable. As far as shooting nudes I have some nice secluded areas that I like to visit. Doesnt have to be fancy, just fun and useful
  View Public Profile Send a private message to gr8shotz00 Find More Posts by gr8shotz00

Old 11-23-2007, 04:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 54172
Comments: 5
My Mood:

cifcap is offline IP: 87.177.92.72

Bob,

My "studio" is most of the time in my bedroom. There I shoot still lifes and the occasional head to full length shot. For full length people shots I was able to use the living room (with my background holder and a muslin). Now with a new couch there's only room to set-up for a half length shots if I'm lucky. Sometimes I take some gear in the backyard as well.

JW
  View Public Profile Send a private message to cifcap Visit cifcap's homepage! Find More Posts by cifcap

Old 11-23-2007, 07:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 57204
Comments: 2

Absolutely Digital is offline IP: 202.33.109.12

My studio is the park on 3rd street, the water fall at the recreation park 20 miles from the house, the lake across the street from the recreation park, the upstairs bedroom of my associate, my living room once I cram all my furniture on the other side and pretty much and damn place I can have enough room to get behind my camera and poke my butt back and still have enough room is my studio. Ghetto Fabulous Baby....thats how I'm living lol

Old 11-23-2007, 06:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.199.121.92

I use any space I can latch on to be it indoors or out. There is always somewhere you can shoot. But if you're in a large metro area as I am, then there are countless rental opportunities and often there are some exceptional deals on space. The only permanent studio I've had has been in my house, but I haven't used it for around 15 years at this point. I used to have half of a large apartment dedicated to studio use (in the 70's).
Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 11-23-2007, 07:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39216
Send a message via MSN to isaiahbrink Send a message via Yahoo to isaiahbrink

isaiahbrink is offline IP: 67.187.238.142

My "studio" is either a local park or a beach between morro bay and cayucus.

Isaiah

Old 11-24-2007, 09:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

Member GG#: 41173
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to SamBeasley Send a message via Yahoo to SamBeasley

SamBeasley is offline IP: 65.8.196.237

Well I'm going to school to learn how to be professional, but I'm not there yet, so I figured I'd chime in, too...

My studio is either my little studio apartment (only about 450 square feet), or the studio at the school a few blocks away. But I shoot a lot of location stuff, too.
http://sambeasley.tumblr.com
http://www.lalluredesmots.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to SamBeasley Visit SamBeasley's homepage! Find More Posts by SamBeasley

Old 11-24-2007, 10:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36882
My Mood:

RonC is offline IP: 24.4.76.104

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobEdens View Post
My studio is move the lawn mower and bike and set up lights in a one car garage.
Hey,..Garage Glamour,..what a concept!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing stays as good as it once was!
http://www.myspace.com/ronsphotos
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RonC Visit RonC's homepage! Find More Posts by RonC

Old 11-24-2007, 10:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 56870
Comments: 3

BobEdens is offline IP: 68.59.249.94

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonC View Post
Hey,..Garage Glamour,..what a concept!
Thats what inspired me to start this thread. Plus it proves, if you look at some of the posts from the guys that have answered, that amazing photos can be taken almost anywhere.

Which was the point I was hoping would be made.

[grin]