Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
More good news to share!
Old 11-11-2007, 02:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35679
Comments: 0
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Soujrnr Send a message via Yahoo to Soujrnr

Soujrnr is offline IP: 207.5.207.245

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share another good thing that happened to me. I went to a Halloween party a couple weeks back and I dressed up as a "photographer." I made my own press pass for "Newsweak Magazine" and strapped a bunch of cameras around my neck. Well, oddly enough, everyone thought I was really the OFFICIAL photographer and they wondered when they could see photos of the event. Not being one to go anywhere unprepared, I started handing out business cards to everything that moved at this community-wide event. I got the attention of the radio station, the Chamber of Commerce, and lots of parents. Almost everyone was in costume.

Anyway, a few days later the Chamber of Commerce calls. They want photos for their website. After that the radio station calls. The owner wants photos for their website and she also wants to do some bartering. She offered me one year of daily advertising on the station in exchange for photos of the station staff and some interior shots of the station. I'm really excited about it!

Last night I was initiated into the Elk's Club of my little town here and I've already been dubbed the official photographer since the Elk's Club here doesn't have a photographer. I photographed the charity ball for them about three weeks ago (benefiting the Maine Children's Cancer Program) and got a lot of great contacts from that as well!

I'm excited that things are finally happening for me. I've been under a dark cloud for years but the sun is starting to break through. Many thanks are sent out to each and every one of you who has encouraged me throughout the last several years here on G1 (and Garage Glamour) as I've walked through this minefield of life seemingly stepping on every damn mine in the field. You all know who you are.

I hope to be sharing more good news with you as time goes on and I certainly hope no one minds if I do so. Like I've said before, you guys and gals are like family and I just wanted to share some good news with you all.

Good day to all!

Mike

Light a candle rather than curse the darkness!

View Public Profile Send a private message to Soujrnr Visit Soujrnr's homepage! Find More Posts by Soujrnr

Re: More good news to share!
Old 11-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45340
Comments: 0

PhotosbyChuck is offline IP: 68.75.44.88

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Great news!
  View Public Profile Visit PhotosbyChuck's homepage! Find More Posts by PhotosbyChuck

Old 11-11-2007, 05:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 144.80.192.130

Sounds like a good start to becoming the town's best known photographer.
Keep at it.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 56870
Comments: 3

BobEdens is offline IP: 68.59.249.94

Quote:
I've been under a dark cloud for years but the sun is starting to break through.
Its the attitude that got you out from under that cloud that you should make sure not to loose. There are shooters that didn't go to that party because there wasn't any money in it for them. You went because you could take photos. If someone wants to buy a photo, cool, but getting to take the photo and perfect your skills is why you were there. That's what made you special, and what made you THE shooter of choice.

I've just recently had a similar thing happen. IT REALLY feels good but I'm changing nothing except to find a tax advisor (who needs photos of her purebred dogs) [grin]