Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Sad News...
Old 11-03-2007, 07:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 70.125.157.219

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Two days ago I received a phone call from an elderly woman, somewhat excited and somewhat sad. She called me to thank me about working so much with her husband with photography at my workshops over the years. I was sad too, and then I asked her, are you talking about Bob Bush?

She spent about an hour refelcting on her now late husband's passion for photography and my workshops and how often he spoke of me--I was shocked, sad and somewhat happy Bob was no longer suffering. What bothered me most was it took so long for me to find out and I even asked in Sept. if anyone had heard from Bob as he finally missed his first workshop with me in that area.

I still remember Bob telling me in Philadelphia how if he could just beat the cancer. I had a few drinks last night after shooting an NBA game once I got home. At that game when they played the National Anthem, I thought about Bob, a military veteran. His wife told me that her goal is to get him buried at the National Cemetary in Arlington but there is a 2-year waiting list. I'm not sure about all that, but I remember that part of the conversation and I'm sadden that a veteran has to wait for his spot in Arlington.

Bob had attended many workshops in Florida, Atlanta, Philadelphia and I'm sure other locations too. Bob always took care of the models with prints and signed-releases. Bob was a gentleman, always caring about everyone. He was joyful and a photogapher following his passions.

His wife has her own health issues, Bob often told me he didn't think she'd make it, but today she's still doing her best to survive--apparently Bob had four various types of cancers attacking his own body and fell first. Her wishes were to keep his website up, which went down after non-payment because she didn't know how Bob was paying for it.

For those that knew him, his wife didn't leave me an address of phone, if you know her, give her some condolences. Somehow we ended the tear-jerking conversation without exchanging much info, though he is a lifetime member here and we're keeping his profile and images up, something she wanted the world to see.

She mainly wanted to hear my voice and let me know what Bob felt. She said that was her one goal since Bob passed in July of this year and after she finally found my number on his cell phone. Again, it was not a call I expected, but a call that kept me on the phone with her for some time reflecting on her husband and his photographic passions. We even talked about the red bandana he wore at my last workshop he attended early this past year--it said across it, "Cancer Sucks!".

Bob will be sorely missed, was always a great member of the glamour photography community and family to G1 who often went by "FotoPops." Please say a prayer for Bob's family and his wife especially with her frail health. All the best Bob! Rolando.

(Photo of the late Bob Bush and his photos here.)
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Re: Sad News...
Old 11-04-2007, 09:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 42284
Comments: 0

icuphotography is offline IP: 74.195.185.106

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I remember Bob well and very sad to hear of his passing.

He always had a smile on his face and a joke to crack.

I will miss him.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35363
Comments: 1
Send a message via MSN to Matt_Echterling Send a message via Yahoo to Matt_Echterling

Matt_Echterling is offline IP: 67.149.53.104

Also being a Vet myself and recently a 100% disabled one, I just want to 1. give Bob, my brother in arms a big thank you for his service, and 2. state how sad it is that how what used to be the strongest nation in the world fails to care for the men and women who give up so much to fight to keep this country free and how I see first hand how everyone cries " help our Vets" and swears how they support them and they do right up until the very moment it costs them a dime and that's when they turn their backs on us. It's a shame the wait we must endure to be buried. The joke I'm told is you should put your name on the list 1-2 years before you die, or you will have to suffer the cost to be buried then dug up and shipped or be cremated. The long waiting list just shows you how many GI's there are, most of them jobless and homeless and how slow our government works to get though the paper work. I myself had a 30 year battle with the VA before I finally won and then another two wait for them to pay me. and there are tens of thousands that just give up fighting for what they are oued and the VA doesn't pay them a dime so they have to live on the street. But yet the VA cries broke and the government cries broke and the US people rarly send in a donation for Veterans, and recruitment is at a all time low. Why would anyone want to serve our country when they see how we treat our Vets.

To Bob: Gods speed I'll pray for you my brother, and I hope you don't have to wait in line at the pearly gates like you do at the VA hospital.

Matthew Echterling USAF

Old 11-04-2007, 03:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Capri Photography

Member GG#: 45764
My Mood:

Jetboy is offline IP: 69.152.243.8

I met Bob at an Atlanta workshop a couple of years ago, and I remember him as a really nice guy. I'm sorry to hear he passed away. =(

Alan

“Even under the best forms of government, those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.” -Thomas Jefferson
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Jetboy Visit Jetboy's homepage! Find More Posts by Jetboy

Old 11-04-2007, 11:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 39548
Comments: 15

Olli is offline IP: 72.148.110.43

I am sad to hear of Bob's passing. Mary & I enjoyed talking with him at the Atlanta workshops.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Olli Visit Olli's homepage! Find More Posts by Olli

Old 11-04-2007, 11:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45340

PhotosbyChuck is offline IP: 68.75.44.88

I never met Bob, but wanted to pass along my sincere condolences on his passing. Sometimes we get all caught up in things and forget to have fun along the way. It sounds like Bob was one of those that always knew how.
  View Public Profile Visit PhotosbyChuck's homepage! Find More Posts by PhotosbyChuck