Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Fashion
Old 11-02-2007, 08:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36789
Comments: 1
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ARTFORMS

ARTFORMS is offline IP: 71.12.72.142

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Quincy in a miny dress.

Jim
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ARTFORMS Visit ARTFORMS's homepage! Find More Posts by ARTFORMS

Re: Fashion
Old 11-02-2007, 11:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35679
Comments: 0
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Soujrnr Send a message via Yahoo to Soujrnr

Soujrnr is offline IP: 207.5.207.245

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hi Jim. Gorgeous lady but I don't like the way her breasts seem so totally different from one another. Her left breast looks huge while the right one looks much smaller. Maybe its the way the top fits but the effect really doesn't do much for me personally. Other than that, nice shot and an interesting tat on her right foot. That HAD to hurt having that tattoed right on top of the foot bone. OUCH.

Good day sir!

Mike

Light a candle rather than curse the darkness!

View Public Profile Send a private message to Soujrnr Visit Soujrnr's homepage! Find More Posts by Soujrnr

Old 11-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soujrnr View Post
Hi Jim. Gorgeous lady but I don't like the way her breasts seem so totally different from one another. Her left breast looks huge while the right one looks much smaller. Maybe its the way the top fits but the effect really doesn't do much for me personally. Other than that, nice shot and an interesting tat on her right foot. That HAD to hurt having that tattoed right on top of the foot bone. OUCH.

Good day sir!

Mike
I can neither take credit or blame for her boobs or her tattoo. Those things are just anotomy and her personal taste on appearance. All I can do as a photographer is make sure the lighting works, help with the pose, check to see if her makeup is decent, shoot the image and process the picture for print and internet use. It might be that her top was slipping on one side to make one look bigger than the other.
Thanks,
Jim

I try not to critique a photograph based on the size of the model or her choices in asthetics, unless it's just a bad makeup application.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ARTFORMS Visit ARTFORMS's homepage! Find More Posts by ARTFORMS

Old 11-02-2007, 02:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 57919

kgphoto is offline IP: 69.235.137.77

It is up to the photographer to notice the dissimilar breast size and correct for it whether it is wardrobe or a posing function. She can't see it from her point of view and is counting on the photographer's eyes to help her look her best. So a valid critique in my opinion.

For me, I think her hand and arm placement make her look wider in the hips and this contributes to the awkward stocky look to her pose. Perhaps rotating her away from camera would be more flattering. The dress length and bow placement also help her look short waisted.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to kgphoto Find More Posts by kgphoto

Old 11-02-2007, 02:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgphoto View Post
It is up to the photographer to notice the dissimilar breast size and correct for it whether it is wardrobe or a posing function. She can't see it from her point of view and is counting on the photographer's eyes to help her look her best. So a valid critique in my opinion.

For me, I think her hand and arm placement make her look wider in the hips and this contributes to the awkward stocky look to her pose. Perhaps rotating her away from camera would be more flattering. The dress length and bow placement also help her look short waisted.
, , , and again if it is her anotomy there isn't anything that any photographer can do about it and I don't mess with the liquifying tool for such things, but if the tattoo was not wanted on the image by me or her then that could have been removed in Photoshop. I won't remove tattoos based on others critiques or opinions.

Old 11-02-2007, 02:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

While we are at the critique thing on this post with the nit picking, what happen to both of your "Rule 10" images?

Old 11-02-2007, 02:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 56870
Comments: 3

BobEdens is offline IP: 74.205.135.50

Quote:
I can neither take credit or blame for her boobs or her tattoo. Those things are just anotomy and her personal taste on appearance. All I can do as a photographer is make sure the lighting works, help with the pose, check to see if her makeup is decent, shoot the image and process the picture for print and internet use. It might be that her top was slipping on one side to make one look bigger than the other.
Thanks,
Jim

I try not to critique a photograph based on the size of the model or her choices in asthetics, unless it's just a bad makeup application.
Before I say anything I want to comment that she is beautiful, her expression is great.

Your comment is incorrect. Doesn't matter if she is 4' 250lb its your job to make her look good. ANYTHING that isn't just so is your problem. one eye bigger? happens. One breast bigger, happens a lot. The final image is yours. your praise your fault no excuses. (I learned that here)

I don't think the pose is as good as some you probably got in that session.

oh and I work with a girl that has a tat about that same place, she said it didn't hurt as much as the one she got on her inner thigh... *cringe*

Old 11-02-2007, 02:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 75.23.179.246

having her square up to the camera that way is probably emphasizing the body parts not matching. try cheating your models' hips/lower body away from the camera and then have them twist their shoulders back towards the camera... also with a hip out and whatever else it takes to produce a nice "S" curve of course.

My NSFW blog
: http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 11-02-2007, 03:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobEdens View Post
Before I say anything I want to comment that she is beautiful, her expression is great.

Your comment is incorrect. Doesn't matter if she is 4' 250lb its your job to make her look good. ANYTHING that isn't just so is your problem. one eye bigger? happens. One breast bigger, happens a lot. The final image is yours. your praise your fault no excuses. (I learned that here)

I don't think the pose is as good as some you probably got in that session.

oh and I work with a girl that has a tat about that same place, she said it didn't hurt as much as the one she got on her inner thigh... *cringe*

You're right, if she were 4 foot tall and weighed in at 250 pounds it would still be up to me to shoot as good of an image as I can, but as we know how opinions go, there will always be someone who will criticize her no matter how correct or well done the image is. They won't like the way she looks and criticize her size or appearance in some way. You can't make a person that far out of proportion look great no matter how she is posed. She's too heavy, she doesn't look like a model, she's too short or what ever the case may be. All of that is crticizing the subject and I don't go with the flow of others opinions just to be a part of the crowd. JimmyD's critique is much closer to being correct and done without making it personal towards the model.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35679
Comments: 0
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Soujrnr Send a message via Yahoo to Soujrnr

Soujrnr is offline IP: 207.5.207.245

I feel like I stirred up a hornet's nest. My opinion was NOT meant to criticize the model OR the photographer. My intent was to share my OPINION with others. Isn't that why we post here??? We want opinions. Yes, opinions are like a**holes but they are what they are. I was purely sharing my thoughts on the image, which, as I recall, I really like with the exception of the breast issue. It wasn't meant as a feeble attempt at character assassination or anything else negative. I personally would chalk it up to a "wardrobe malfunction" as I think the top probably made her breasts look disproportionate due to that type of fit. That's all.

Good day.

Mike

Light a candle rather than curse the darkness!

View Public Profile Send a private message to Soujrnr Visit Soujrnr's homepage! Find More Posts by Soujrnr