Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Wife Says I Should Get Out More...
Old 10-25-2007, 11:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45340
Comments: 0

PhotosbyChuck is offline IP: 68.75.44.88

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I've hardly taken any time off this year -- and the wife suggested I get out for a few days between now and the holidays. So, I'm thinking maybe I should attend a workshop somewhere in Nov/Dec!

I'd like to get some shots of models not already in my limited public portfolio...with releases. So for those of you who've attended something you've been happy with -- or are planning a workshop somewhere in the 48 states...your input is appreciated!

(Sorry, I could not post this in the Workshop forum because that's restricted to specific posters). The only thing I saw in there is RG's mansion shoot in Atlanta. It's on my list.
  View Public Profile Visit PhotosbyChuck's homepage! Find More Posts by PhotosbyChuck

Re: Wife Says I Should Get Out More...
Old 10-25-2007, 02:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 75.23.179.246

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

http://www.supershoots.com/tampa/

My NSFW blog
: http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 10-25-2007, 06:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.199.122.159

There are five different workshop listings out of the first 7 posts in the Workshops forum. Here is a screen shot

Where were you looking, that you only saw one?

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 10-26-2007, 11:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35411
Comments: 12
My Mood:

photoshooter is offline IP: 67.173.110.63

Chuck, The second weekend of November 9is Arizona Shoot. Take a look, here is the link: http://www.arizonashoots.com/ If you have questions please send me a messge and I send you my Ph#. I have been to the AZ Shoot several times and I'm going again for ths one. Make sure to check out the models line up, it's incredible. Ciao!
Pictured is Miranda of Nevada captured in Cowtown just northwest of Phoenix, AZ

View Public Profile Send a private message to photoshooter Visit photoshooter's homepage! Find More Posts by photoshooter

Old 10-26-2007, 01:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Fredrick_Smith View Post
There are five different workshop listings out of the first 7 posts in the Workshops forum. Here is a screen shot

Where were you looking, that you only saw one?

Cheers,
rfs

Atlanta RG Shoot: I mentioned that in my original post.

VI Sellout: It's not in the 50 States. You circled it and the one above at the same time ... maybe a mistake?

Atlanta Fusion: There's no photoshoot that i saw in ATL -- it looks like discussion only. There is one inside the email in FL in Dec. I'd seen that, but didn't know anything about Fusion. I figured if someone had a good experience with their shoots, I'd hear about it.

Workshop in LA: It's in Oct, not Nov/Dec. It's tomorrow.

The Cruise: It sails in April 2008.

Maybe I'm not the one who didn't read?
  View Public Profile Visit PhotosbyChuck's homepage! Find More Posts by PhotosbyChuck

Old 10-26-2007, 01:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
Chuck, The second weekend of November 9is Arizona Shoot.
Thanks, John! Looks like that could be fun!

Old 10-26-2007, 02:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyd View Post
Thanks, Jimmy. I've seen JT post here a few times, but I haven't met him (despite the fact that he lives only a couple of hours away). I see that BobbyG is at the shoot in Tampa -- I like his work, so that looks good. Doesn't look like you're there...I'll have to meet up with you in 2008 if I can.

Old 10-26-2007, 03:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 55042
My Mood:

RobArtLyn is offline IP: 138.88.130.156

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotosbyChuck View Post
Atlanta Fusion: There's no photoshoot that i saw in ATL -- it looks like discussion only.
From the Fusion page describing the Atlanta event (you did read their page didn't you?):

Quote:
Each day photograph beautiful models
They even have photos. We can't do all of your homework for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotosbyChuck View Post
There is one inside the email in FL in Dec. I'd seen that, but didn't know anything about Fusion. I figured if someone had a good experience with their shoots, I'd hear about it.
Amanda is scheduled to model at both events. She is great to work with. Rick Hughes is running the Atlanta workshop. I have worked with him twice before and can recommend him. I don't have any experience with Rick Wright, who is running the Ft. Lauderdale workshop.

I sent a PM to you about this yesterday, while their registration special was still valid. Did you see it? I got no response if you had any questions. They haven't removed the special price links yet, so you can probably still get the two-fer price. Looks like a good deal.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RobArtLyn Find More Posts by RobArtLyn

Old 10-26-2007, 03:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobArtLyn View Post
From the Fusion page describing the Atlanta event (you did read their page didn't you?):

They even have photos. We can't do all of your homework for you.
Their paragraph describing the event says nothing about shooting here or on the main page of their site. I figured that would be a highlight (it's the lead sentence for Tampa) -- but I do see where in the detail page there is a line that says there will be shooting. So, yep...shame on me for giving up too quickly! Thanks for noticing it for me!

Quote:
Amanda is scheduled to model at both events. She is great to work with. Rick Hughes is running the Atlanta workshop. I have worked with him twice before and can recommend him. I don't have any experience with Rick Wright, who is running the Ft. Lauderdale workshop.
Thanks much for this info! Always good to hear from a photographer who has gone to a particular event and would go back!

Quote:
I sent a PM to you about this yesterday, while their registration special was still valid. Did you see it? I got no response if you had any questions. They haven't removed the special price links yet, so you can probably still get the two-fer price. Looks like a good deal.
Appreciate that. I'll respond to it shortly! It's been a bit crazy today. I got a new 40D today and I'm so giddy I'm slow in responding. I apologize!