Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Finally some shots in the portfolio...
Old 10-05-2007, 11:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37106
Comments: 29
My Mood:

RHWeiner is offline IP: 66.183.218.26

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I know this doesn't really make up for all the times I posted or commented on postings without uploading myself but I'm still trying to gather enough 'good' shots to make it worthwhile for the G1 community to look at.

So here is one for your perusal and any C&C...(2 others from Sara in my G1 portfolio.)

Richard W.

Click for larger version
Finally some shots in the portfolio... 

Re: Finally some shots in the portfolio...
Old 10-07-2007, 02:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Resident Evil

Member GG#: 35479
Comments: 0

christian is offline IP: 207.244.166.56

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I think it looks fine. You did a good job on lighting... it looks like you paid attention.

You don't ever need to fear posting images here. Nobody is really " Out to get," other people. When you push forward - we're with ya. If we see mistakes which have taken a while to correct for ourselves... we might point those things out ( and razz ya a little ). We might prod and push - but we're hoping you get better. So don't fear it... enjoy the experience. This board has seen some amazing shooters mature from where you are to the moon.

It all starts when you look at the shot you posted and think hard at what you could have done better.

Good luck in your journey.

christian

Old 10-07-2007, 08:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35230
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to glennusdin Send a message via Yahoo to glennusdin

glennusdin is offline IP: 74.92.121.113

did someone capture the old Christian and replace him with a Stepford clone?

did the medicine finally wear off, or kick in?

how bad is that fever, is it making you delirious?

did you fall off your scooter and land right on your head, jarring something terribly wrong inside that brain of yours?

my God man, have you lost your sense of, well..Christianism?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to glennusdin Visit glennusdin's homepage! Find More Posts by glennusdin

Old 10-07-2007, 12:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 144.80.193.138

"It all starts when you look at the shot you posted and think hard at what you could have done better."

LOL. Kind of like saying, "Michelangelo took a rock and chipped away everything that didn't look like 'David.'" Doesn't sound like your usual approach to encouraging people to think, but effectively put, sir. I confess, though, my first thoughts after reading this were more like Glenn's.

Old 10-07-2007, 05:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian View Post
I think it looks fine. You did a good job on lighting... it looks like you paid attention.
The lighting was set up by the studio techie. I just tried to ensure that the exposure was correct for the image shot and that I captured what I was seeing.

Not having a studio space or studio lighting myself I tend to rent out with lights included. In those cases things are preset (backdrop, light layout with proper ratios, props, other equipment, etc.) I just come in with my camera and lenses, set up the model and go at it. I really would like to learn more so that I can come into a completely bare space, set up everything and know that what I've done is correct. I guess that only comes with practice but practicing in a rented situation is expensive. Luckily I'm getting better with consistency with what my part in the shoot is all about.

Quote:
You don't ever need to fear posting images here. Nobody is really " Out to get," other people.
It's not so much I fear postings (I know I have room for improvement but I *am* getting better and better with each shoot) but rather I guess I am what would be considered a Part Parttime photographer. That is to say that I'm lucky to get one shoot a month. Mostly this has to do with time available to me (I do have a fulltime job during the week and a life after work) but often it's a matter of first finding willing models (ie. willing to do TFCD) and co-ordinating my schedule with theirs. As long as I shoot outdoors or locational the costs keep reasonable. Moving inside a studio does rachet up the costs and severly limits my shooting numbers.

So I am, as I said, still trying to put together some good images to post here. It's not a matter of quality as quantity. I do have some from earlier times but the quality is suspect.

Thanks for the encouragement though.

Old 10-07-2007, 05:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Added a couple more...here's one of the 2

Click for larger version

Old 10-07-2007, 06:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 56870
Comments: 3

BobEdens is offline IP: 68.59.249.94

I think the medicine kicked in, finally. [grin]
(or was it that bottle of 12 year old scotch) [shrug]

RH I think the shots are good, I think the best shot is still in your port.

Do you? I could be wrong.. [grin]

Old 10-07-2007, 08:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Resident Evil

Member GG#: 35479
Comments: 0

christian is offline IP: 207.244.166.56

RH... this last one you posted.... is it me or does she look like she just smelled a really bad fart?

She's your story teller... her expression matters. I'm sure you have a better one.

christian

Old 10-07-2007, 11:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35230
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to glennusdin Send a message via Yahoo to glennusdin

glennusdin is offline IP: 74.92.121.113

phew, I knew the real Christian would return.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to glennusdin Visit glennusdin's homepage! Find More Posts by glennusdin

Old 10-08-2007, 12:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Sometimes it takes a different eye (or nose in Christian's case) to see something that the photographer doesn't. I guess it's not as strong an image. I'll nuke it later. Thanks for the observation.