Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
OMP Test
Old 10-02-2007, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 70.125.157.219

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Back from Philly what a great workshop! Headed to Los Angeles for Glamourcon shortly, but wanted to let everyone know that all posts from this point on should no longer filter out the words OMP or One Model Place. Thanks, all the best, more to come, rg sends!

(Playboy Model Kellie Maines, photograph her at my Glamourcon workshops--only a few spots remain!
Click for larger version
OMP Test 
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Re: OMP Test
Old 10-02-2007, 02:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45340
Comments: 0

PhotosbyChuck is offline IP: 68.75.44.88

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Kellie has a great look! Thanks for the chance to shoot her at Glamourcon. I'll keep an eye out for your return to Chicago!
  View Public Profile Visit PhotosbyChuck's homepage! Find More Posts by PhotosbyChuck

Old 10-03-2007, 10:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35411
Comments: 12
My Mood:

photoshooter is offline IP: 67.173.110.63

Rolamdo. business like politcs have strange bedfellow at times. Easing up on the OMP is not doing me any good, their ruthless reputation in dealing with their clients speaks for itself. So if you and OMP have future business ventures together I will NOT be supporting any of it in any way. Just my personal opinion, hope others express theirs as well regardlaess what it may be. Ciao!
Pictured is Sindy from aboard "Enchantment of the Seas"

View Public Profile Send a private message to photoshooter Visit photoshooter's homepage! Find More Posts by photoshooter

Old 10-03-2007, 11:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

My Mood:

John,

I agree and disagree with you. First, OMP had some previous management issues and the CEO, Brett Cramer, has assured me changes have been and are being made, including the departure of some staff. I feel it's this "cleaning house" that will and has helped improve OMP over time.

Like all things in life, things change. People make changes all the time as do companies and as you know on this site, even changes in software and other things. We have not officially teamed-up with OMP, we've only mended our differences and are exploring options to make G1 and OMP better places for photographers and models.

If you plan on keeping a close-mind based on the past, then stop using Tylenol, don't eat at Denny's, stop listening to certain radio stations with shock jocks, don't fly Jet Blue, don't drive a Chevy, Ford or Chrysler, don't shop at Walmart or Home Depot--being sarcastic here--people, places and things in life do change, hopefully for the better.

Open minds and open thoughts are more proactive than closed-minds. Thanks for being a member of this community and family, we're still working, with what we have right now, to improve--there is always room for improvement for everyone and everything.

Wishing you the best, rg sends!
Click for larger version
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 10-03-2007, 12:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35411
Comments: 12
My Mood:

photoshooter is offline IP: 67.173.110.63

Rolando, I have NO issues with you, but Brett needs to mend fences with me and a whole bunch of others he wronged in the past. As far as being closed mind, I am far from it, although I admit I tend to hold grudges little longer than most people. When I was in graduate schoot eons ago this was given in one of the classes. I kept it for all these years not as momento, but a creed I tried hard to subscribe to. Hope you like it as much as I do.

When I was young and free and my mind had no limits,

I dreamed of changing the world.

As I grew older and wiser I discovered that the world would not change.

So I shortened my sights somewhat and decided to change only my country.

But it too seemed immovable.

As I grew into my twilight years in one desperate attempt

I settled on only my family, those closest to me.

But alas they would have none of it.

And now as I lay on my deathbed, suddenly I realized……

If only I had changed myself first. Then by example I might have

Changed my family. From their inspiration and encouragement I would then

have been able to better my country . And who knows…..

….I may have even changed the world.

Anglican Bishop 1200A.D

View Public Profile Send a private message to photoshooter Visit photoshooter's homepage! Find More Posts by photoshooter

Old 10-03-2007, 12:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

My Mood:

Cool, like that...

On another note, since you brought in some religious wisdom, we don't hate, we forgive is what I was taught--obviously the conditions have to be ripe for foregiveness. People have wronged me too, I'm always open for the olive branch as long as there are true intentions and I do believe OMP has those intentions...all the best, rg sends!

Old 10-03-2007, 07:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37304
Send a message via Yahoo to trwphoto

trwphoto is offline IP: 12.108.210.155

RG be careful of those people over their. I was #59 (or somewhere in their) to sign up on that sight. Found them before I fpund you here. They were all for the expansion and promotion of photogs and models on that sight then.. They had started a nother web site beofre that one and declaired they were never going to get into money type permotions on that sight and today it aun't nothing but a cash cow for some and a dreary waste land for others. I have no problem with making money on the internet but they went so far out their as to leave me looking at what it was and now not wanting a thing to do with it. I just don't trust that bunch.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to trwphoto Visit trwphoto's homepage! Find More Posts by trwphoto

Old 10-03-2007, 07:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37459

Dalmar is offline IP: 71.229.105.30

I saw the ad for your book on OMP the other day and wondered what the story was. I guess they play nice as long as you give them money. I have a page there even though I think they're a bunch of jerks - business is business after all.

Will you be doing any workshops in South Florida next year?

Old 10-03-2007, 07:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36482
Comments: 2

lsc1 is offline IP: 74.230.240.183

Quote:
Originally Posted by trwphoto View Post
RG be careful of those people over their. I was #59 (or somewhere in their) to sign up on that sight. Found them before I fpund you here. They were all for the expansion and promotion of photogs and models on that sight then.. They had started a nother web site beofre that one and declaired they were never going to get into money type permotions on that sight and today it aun't nothing but a cash cow for some and a dreary waste land for others. I have no problem with making money on the internet but they went so far out their as to leave me looking at what it was and now not wanting a thing to do with it. I just don't trust that bunch.
OK, I just gotta say this and I know I shouldn't because I'm really not trying to insult you or start a flame war but.......

Man, your grammar and spelling is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

"The girlshapedlovedrug messes with my mind." Gomez (the band)
  View Public Profile Send a private message to lsc1 Find More Posts by lsc1

Old 10-03-2007, 11:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 56870
Comments: 3

BobEdens is offline IP: 68.59.249.94

Some of us are fighting to support a hobby in glamour photography. I personally would rather buy a book (Rolando) than subscribe to a web site that seems no better than ModelMayhem but costs, even if I don't want to host photos. I tried OMP when I was desperate for a MUA. They wanted me to pay to search. Instead I asked a shooter here, who saw them positivly, to search for me. The result set he gave me was not correct because they are aparently assigning models, photographers, and OTHER IDs that are not unique between groups. I am a systems analyst by day and that is a really bad thing in a database of this type.

I did figure out how how to find all the MUAs in Tennessee (both of them)

Rolando: Make sure you know why Brett is talking to you at all. There are still photographers that think being "a showcase" means somethig other than they gave him money or he saw nipples...

I'm one of the guys that fits in just under your radar. I can't afford the worksops but buy every book and read every word you write. If you can justify OMP I'll give them a chance, I'll give money only to you but I'll read/cick their ads.

G1 is doing well, as far as I can tell. You need more people with the balls to post but youve some amazing shooters to leave constructive (sometimes brutal) comments. I have improved after every post. I shoot the girls that I shoot not the girls Dave or Christinan shoots but my images are close, mostly because of their comments. (Not Just Dave and Christian, they just came to mind first. There are many others)

Thanks Rolando, for what I've become as a shooter.

I've learned this shot is politically incorrect, so I love it.