Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Does Photography Save Relationships? Is it a drug?
Old 09-25-2007, 11:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 70.125.157.219

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I'm often asked to photograph women of many ages, though the most common is what I call my private glamour group, ages 38-55, usually married for sometime with at least two kids. I call this process Photographic Therapy and am finishing up a book on it--just need that great lit agent to get it out soon!

The common MO is that the woman is trying to put a "spark" back into their marriage through glamorous photographs--and as a published glamour photographer and author with almost 30-years of experience, I 've heard this statement over and over. My question to you is, "Is photography powerful enough to save a relationship? Is it a drug? I think so and I hope to tell the world about it some day.

Hopefully photographers are taking their glamour photography and using it to provide some great photography for married couples--if so, share your story!

Thanks, rg sends!

(Image from the Julia Dean Photo School Workshop, teaching there again next year!)
Click for larger version
Does Photography Save Relationships? Is it a drug? 
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Re: Does Photography Save Relationships? Is it a drug?
Old 09-25-2007, 12:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Old, Bald, Village Idiot

Member GG#: 36160
Comments: 0
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to AGellert

AGellert is offline IP: 71.223.175.15

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I know of at least two (2) marriages that were "saved" by glamourous images of the wife that I took and she gave to her husband. I cant post the images... but her words to me...

"Prior to having you take those pictures of me, my husband and I were thinking of getting a divorce. When he unwrapped the framed pictures, and the envelope of smaller pictures.. His eyes lit up like when we first started dating... The ROMANCE is back,, and we are more in love than ever before.

Thank you for all you did, and making my husband see me in such a romantic and sexy way. I will always remember you and tell my friends about you."

I think that note from one woman, tells me I am doing something right.

And I have to thank a number of photographers from GG/G1 for all their insight and tips.

And also a couple of you lovely models for letting me put you in front of my cameras.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to AGellert Visit AGellert's homepage! Find More Posts by AGellert

Old 09-25-2007, 01:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Photographer Enthusiast

Member GG#: 44248

eccjr1221 is offline IP: 166.217.229.3

Rolando, your msg says it all. Can photography save a marriage? Yes, just as drugs can save a life as in my own case. The real key is the mindset of the individual. If a person is receptive then the erotic images can act as a catalyst to jump start the romantic, intimate and sexual feelings. If the person's mind is not receptive, no amount of drugs can save the person as no amount of photographs alone can help to reignite the relationship or marriage.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to eccjr1221 Find More Posts by eccjr1221

Old 09-25-2007, 03:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member GG#: 35840
My Mood:

SteveB is offline IP: 74.36.19.23

I used to shoot a lot of navy wives who sent pictures to their husbands overseas. It definitly helped keep the home fires burnin'! Recieved a great deal of thanks from wives and husbands both.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 144.80.193.138

Sorry, but I can't believe that a glamorous picture of a woman is enough to save a marriage that's in trouble. Perhaps enough to delay dissolution, or enough to show interest and re-establish communication, but not enough just by itself.

OTOH, I'm sure that it would be beneficial, and probably does in many cases help stimulate communication.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 55130
Comments: 1
My Mood:

J Diaz is offline IP: 24.44.15.27

Rolando It is true. is like a drug and a good therapy I come from work and the first thing my wife told me hey the you going to use the camera today I say yes why she responds with a smlie I have someone for you I can I help. I be married 20 years and I never see her so happy. so for me is a good thing and a goo theraphy too.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to J Diaz Find More Posts by J Diaz

Old 09-25-2007, 04:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 56509
Send a message via Yahoo to DDCStudios

DDCStudios is offline IP: 68.102.99.102

Quote:
Hopefully photographers are taking their glamour photography and using it to provide some great photography for married couples--if so, share your story!

How the heck you think I got started??? lol....okay was not saving a marriage but having fun with the one I have!!!!

its nice to read a thread that doesnt require an editors critique!!

This is why I do what I do,,,,,not be approved by an editor!

a more realistic approach!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DDCStudios Visit DDCStudios's homepage! Find More Posts by DDCStudios

Old 09-25-2007, 06:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Capri Photography

Member GG#: 45764
My Mood:

Jetboy is offline IP: 69.152.243.8

I'd say the primary benefit is the boost to a woman's self-image, which can lead to greater self confidence (which is sexy in itself). Not something first-time photogs should attempt, due to the possibility of achieving the exact opposite.

Alan B.

“Even under the best forms of government, those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.” -Thomas Jefferson
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Jetboy Visit Jetboy's homepage! Find More Posts by Jetboy

Old 09-25-2007, 06:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 47098
Comments: 1

Frederick is offline IP: 72.154.123.90

I do not pretend to know the answers to these questions. What I know for sure is that the men I have known who have recieved gifts of glamour photos from their wives or significant others, seem to treasure them. I have been shown such photos and they always are displayed proudly.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 42991
My Mood:

DocSmith is offline IP: 74.163.1.231

Well, I've had two marriages. The first one of 19 years (during which my photography of my wife at the time added excitement for both of us and enhanced our marriage) didn't need "saving" at the end; it needed termination. Photography was about the last thing we were thinking about back in '87. In my current marriage of 17 years, my photography of my current wife also adds excitement for both of us and enhances our marriage - but, if the marriage was in trouble, photography would be about the last thing we would be thinking about. If it "saves" a marriage, great - but - as with all "miracle cures" I'd wait a couple of years to see if it really did.

Doc
Gulf Breeze, Florida 32562
(850) 712-0639
www.michaelsmithphotography.biz

Studio One Pensacola
103 W. Intendencia Street
Pensacola, FL 32502
(850) 712-0639
www.studioonepensacola.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DocSmith Visit DocSmith's homepage! Find More Posts by DocSmith
Last edited by DocSmith; 09-25-2007 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: Punctuation