Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Worst Airbrushed Celebs of 2007 ... So Far
Old 09-04-2007, 12:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Photographer/Instructor

Member GG#: 52660
Comments: 0
Send a message via AIM to DaveB Send a message via Yahoo to DaveB Send a message via Skype™ to DaveB

DaveB is offline IP: 69.250.77.239

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Worst Airbrushed Celebs of 2007 ... So Far
david@posneg.com
My Current Photography Workshops
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DaveB Visit DaveB's homepage! Find More Posts by DaveB

Re: Worst Airbrushed Celebs of 2007 ... So Far
Old 09-04-2007, 04:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.236.209.199

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Seems to me that as far as women go, they already resort to airbrushing of a sorts by applying makeup, girdles, slimming clothing, etc. I suspect men do the same thing by grooming, clothes selection, etc. Everyone wants to look better than they really do and so it seems only natural that the same thing would happen in the photographs of people. Some of the comparison shots in the article were not really fair since they were sometimes compared to photos that were 3 years in the past. The first photo at the beginning of the article seems entirely reasonable to me. I don't see anything that is dishonest and it is likely that the photograph could have been done in camera if they had wanted to (and wanted to go to the extra time and expense it would have entailed). Retouching of glamour shots (cover shots, etc) has always been there, its just that now more people than ever can do it.

What sometimes concerns me, as in the first example shot in the article is that often photographers and those planning the shoots don't make as much of an effort to get it right in the camera but rely more on post processing. But perhaps its an economic thing. Retouching after the fact is probably cheaper than extending a photoshoot for many hours.

Click for larger version

cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 09-04-2007, 08:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45340

PhotosbyChuck is offline IP: 68.77.29.47

The Faith Hill one was great! I wish my PS skills were that good! Seriously tho, the only problem in my opinion was the Jennifer Aniston one. And that wasn't bad PS...that was bad ethics.
  View Public Profile Visit PhotosbyChuck's homepage! Find More Posts by PhotosbyChuck

Old 09-04-2007, 09:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 55042
My Mood:

RobArtLyn is offline IP: 138.88.35.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Fredrick_Smith View Post
Seems to me that as far as women go, they already resort to airbrushing of a sorts by applying makeup, girdles, slimming clothing, etc.
Several years ago there was an ad posted in a local mall (I can't remember what for) that had a picture of a very beautiful woman in a slinky red dress. All over the picture were arrows pointing to various parts of her labeled "push-up bra", "girdle", "control top panty-hose", "hair extensions", "tinted contacts", etc. The picture caption was: "This woman is not really this attractive."
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RobArtLyn Find More Posts by RobArtLyn

Old 09-05-2007, 10:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 69.237.154.141

i'm glad none of us here are guilty of any of those skin softening, wrinkle removing, chest plumping, tummy tucking, airbrush techniques.

My NSFW blog
: http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 09-05-2007, 10:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Quote:
Click for larger version

Shouldn't those Crepuscular rays extend beyond the model?

My NSFW blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 09-05-2007, 02:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45340

PhotosbyChuck is offline IP: 68.77.29.47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyd View Post
The fact that they seem to create shadow on the model's body rather than light deeply concerns me!
  View Public Profile Visit PhotosbyChuck's homepage! Find More Posts by PhotosbyChuck

Old 09-05-2007, 02:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.236.209.199

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyd View Post
Actually when one is being "beamed" in my a matter transmitter the rays do not normally extend beyond the item being beamed since they are forming the item at that moment by their interplay upon the space that will be occupied by the beamed in person. But they could not have extended past her in any event because the overhead fans cause a reverse diffusion pattern in the quantum foam grid network.

Click for larger version

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 09-05-2007, 05:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Quote:
Actually when one is being "beamed" in my a matter transmitter the rays do not normally extend beyond the item being beamed since they are forming the item at that moment by their interplay upon the space that will be occupied by the beamed in person. But they could not have extended past her in any event because the overhead fans cause a reverse diffusion pattern in the quantum foam grid network.
yeah.... what he said.

My NSFW blog