Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Curious about something...
Old 08-16-2007, 11:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 54142
Comments: 0

Kejacobson is offline IP: 70.178.181.63

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hey all..have a question. I did a shoot recently that involved a topless model. The images turned out great and she's very happy with them. Although I always get a release, I also ask the models if they would care if I used thier images on different online ports. I recently asked if I could use some of her topless images...her response was "I have heard the once you pose nude...alot of photographers/commerical don't want to use you". My question is...have you ever heard of this being true?

Thanks for the help,

KJ
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Kejacobson Visit Kejacobson's homepage! Find More Posts by Kejacobson

Re: Curious about something...
Old 08-17-2007, 08:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Member GG#: 40697
Comments: 0
Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 98.200.128.177

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kejacobson View Post
Hey all..have a question. I did a shoot recently that involved a topless model. The images turned out great and she's very happy with them. Although I always get a release, I also ask the models if they would care if I used thier images on different online ports. I recently asked if I could use some of her topless images...her response was "I have heard the once you pose nude...alot of photographers/commerical don't want to use you". My question is...have you ever heard of this being true?

Thanks for the help,

KJ
First of all your release should clearly spell out where each of you can utilize the images so after the shoot these types of questions shouldn't be necessary. The question you ask will receive many different responses...and to answer... WE as photographers have to be careful so we don't come off as the guy who "just wants to get a girl nekkid"...

My personal opinion is that a tasteful and artistic nude is not going to hinder most models career. You have to understand that most of these "models" we deal with ALL seem to think one day they may be the next SuperModel...which is fine...but most I have worked with won't commit enough to reach higher levels...so the folks they end up working for won't give a rip if they have nudes or not in their ports. You also have to define the TYPE of nudes AND the body type and modeling possibilities of the model in question. Before I take the first shot with a fairly new model I always ask what their aspirations are relative to modeling. When a 5'2" model with 36D fake boobs tells me she wants to be a fashion model, I am brutally honest with her and offer her alternatives for her body type...i.e Swimsuit,Glamour, A self marketing internet model etc...If you look enough on the internet for the models MOST of OUR models refer to...most have before...do now...or will in the future...be displayed in some sort of tasteful nudity. Again...knowing the difference between a tasteful Euro Vogue nude shot vs a B magazine spread shot is something the model needs to understand and not agree to so shoot...now thats my take. There will be others (photographers) that feel nudity in ANY form is degrading...OR they choose NOT to shoot nudes and to back their choice of not doing so, tell the models that if they were to shoot a nude, they won't get any work. The fact the remains...a models career is reflective of about 50% of their looks IMO...the other 50% is based on many characteristics or work ethics...marketing ability...charisma...reliability...contacts...to name a few...

http://www.bobbygphoto.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot