Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
What if you...
Old 08-16-2007, 08:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 71.129.174.23

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

...could pack off, with one or two hot models, to just about any location in the world. And, once there, you were free to shoot some exotic, sexy, glamorous, images without worrying about looky-loos, local ordinances, asswipes, gendarmes, or whatever. Where would you go?

My NSFW blog
: http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Re: What if you...
Old 08-16-2007, 08:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45671
Comments: 0

gaborm is offline IP: 66.82.9.53

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Nice, but I wouldn't go that far.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to gaborm Find More Posts by gaborm

Old 08-16-2007, 08:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 71.129.174.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaborm View Post
Nice, but I wouldn't go that far.
Hehehe.. yeah. I used that other-worldly BG cuz I'm still thinking where my first choice would be. And it sure wouldn't be Kansas, Toto.

My NSFW blog
: http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 08-16-2007, 09:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Evangelical Ne'er-do-well

Member GG#: 42306
Send a message via Yahoo to ChipBulgin

ChipBulgin is offline IP: 71.200.96.156

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyd View Post
...could pack off, with one or two hot models, to just about any location in the world. And, once there, you were free to shoot some exotic, sexy, glamorous, images without worrying about looky-loos, local ordinances, asswipes, gendarmes, or whatever. Where would you go?
The Library of Congress (pun intended). Man, the shoot I'd do with Tera Patrick and the Declaration of Independence. Talk about life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness!!

On a more serious note, I'll get back to you after I think about this for a bit. (Although, having free rein to shoot glam in the LoC would be pretty damn cool).

-Chip

Old 08-16-2007, 10:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 55042
My Mood:

RobArtLyn is offline IP: 141.156.175.16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipBulgin View Post
The Library of Congress (pun intended). Man, the shoot I'd do with Tera Patrick and the Declaration of Independence.
The main reading room of the Library of Congress is a beautiful space and would be a magnificent setting for a glamorous librarian-on-librarian shoot. However, the the Declaration of Independence is down the street at the National Archives.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RobArtLyn Find More Posts by RobArtLyn

Old 08-16-2007, 10:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Evangelical Ne'er-do-well

Member GG#: 42306
Send a message via Yahoo to ChipBulgin

ChipBulgin is offline IP: 71.200.96.156

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobArtLyn View Post
The main reading room of the Library of Congress is a beautiful space and would be a magnificent setting for a glamorous librarian-on-librarian shoot. However, the the Declaration of Independence is down the street at the National Archives.
There used to be a copy in the LoC that wasn't on display. Haven't been there in a long time, so not sure if it's still there.

Old 08-17-2007, 02:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 55042
My Mood:

RobArtLyn is offline IP: 141.156.175.16

After giving it a great deal of thought, all I can say is...

Anywhere, I don't care, you had me at:

Quote:
without worrying about looky-loos, local ordinances, asswipes, gendarmes, or whatever
I live just inside the DC Beltway. I can't turn around without tripping over 17 people, at least 12 of whom are going to take issue with, or too much interest in, my subjects. I won't mention the 5 who will get bent out of shape because I have a camera at all. I have a friend who has a farm near here, but it isn't the sort of place that Norman Rockwell would have painted and I can only use the same barn for a backdrop so many times. The effort (and distance) required at times for more than 5 minutes of privacy can be a real drag. While it might be nice to think in terms of going someplace striking and/or iconic for a shoot that might normally be off-limits, like a boxing themed glamour shoot on the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art or something futuristic inside the Hayden Planetarium, these things actually only add so much to the shot, after which they could just be any other "impressive visual". There are certainly any number of architecturally interesting buildings right around me, as well as sculpture gardens, that could be used as great settings for glamour shoots, except that they can't. The same can be said for New York, San Francisco, Miami, London, etc. However, the more I think about your question, the more I realize that if I don't have four walls, I just want a visually interesting background, good available light, comfortable weather, easy access and a few hours of privacy. And yes, it turns out that is too much to ask.

Sorry for the rant.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RobArtLyn Find More Posts by RobArtLyn

Old 08-17-2007, 05:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42194
Comments: 5
Send a message via AIM to Titan Send a message via Yahoo to Titan

Titan is offline IP: 68.72.11.2

I''d do it locally. The main public library has a great lobby, and the community college has a great campus with some interesting places for a glam shoot. I'm telling you Grand Rapids Michigan is the new Miami.

Old 08-17-2007, 08:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 50518
Comments: 1
My Mood:

That_Look_Photo is offline IP: 68.200.100.150

Cuba.. I love the way that place looks. Someday I will go there and vacation there like the rest of the world gets to.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to That_Look_Photo Visit That_Look_Photo's homepage! Find More Posts by That_Look_Photo

Old 08-17-2007, 10:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 54172
Comments: 5
My Mood:

cifcap is offline IP: 217.86.93.11

That's tough! I have two ladies I'd love to shoot, but there are too many places t list in Europe to make it all happen. The places I have in mind are not in the middle of no where nor are they tourist attractions. There's a castle ruin about one hour from here that attracts very little attention. Perhaps not the best place for a glam shoot, but with my imagination I'm sure I could make it work. :-)

JW
  View Public Profile Send a private message to cifcap Visit cifcap's homepage! Find More Posts by cifcap