Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Oh My! Something new from me for C&C!
Old 07-24-2007, 01:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Back from the Black Hole

Member GG#: 35208
Comments: 0
My Mood:
Send a message via ICQ to Don_Teague

Don_Teague is offline IP: 24.218.84.128

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hello G1! I had my first shoot with a pool this past weekend. I don't understand why it took me so long to get a pool to work woth, but oh well!

I haven't been shooting nearly enough to justify even calling myself a "hack photographer" while I've been in Paramedic school, but I'm trying to shoot when I get the chance. Few things suck more than having several attractive, willing "models" ready to shoot and no time to indulge them!

Constrictive critique encouraged please!

Click for larger version
Oh My! Something new from me for C&C! 
Last edited by Don_Teague; 07-24-2007 at 02:22 PM..

Re: Oh My! Something new from me for C&C!
Old 07-24-2007, 01:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Photographer/Instructor

Member GG#: 52660
Send a message via AIM to DaveB Send a message via Yahoo to DaveB Send a message via Skype™ to DaveB

DaveB is offline IP: 69.250.77.239

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Well, It's not a very flattering pose or look for this model. First off, she looks very thin in this pose, with rib cage and pelvic bones exposed, and the pose basically eliminates her bust. I would expect to see a more "cute-sy" pose on a diving board, as opposed to her just lying her her back (sleeping?).

Bikini fashion images are to sell the bikini. This is obviously not a commercial bikini image. So what is it? A bikini glamour image? Does this model look glamorous to you?

What's the purpose? What's the outcome? Did you succeed?

Maybe you did.
david@posneg.com
My Current Photography Workshops
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DaveB Visit DaveB's homepage! Find More Posts by DaveB
Last edited by DaveB; 07-24-2007 at 03:17 PM..

Old 07-24-2007, 02:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Back from the Black Hole

Member GG#: 35208
My Mood:
Send a message via ICQ to Don_Teague

Don_Teague is offline IP: 24.218.84.128

Thank you Dave!

What we were thinking was doing something that might resemble an ad for sunglasses. No, I'm certainaly not thinking I'm in the league of those who actually DO shoot the ads for sunglasses, but it gave me a goal. The idea was more of a sunbathing look than sleeping. *grin*

We shot some with her sitting up on her hip a bit more, but she was less happy with those shots than the ones of her lying down. I see your point on reinspection though that it really does make her appear to be much thinner than was intended.

I'll be throwing up a few more from the day soon and truly hope you take the time to offer up some comments on those as well!

Thanks!
-Don

Old 07-25-2007, 07:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37369

n5wd is offline IP: 69.65.194.131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Teague View Post
... haven't been shooting nearly enough to justify even calling myself a "hack photographer" while I've been in Paramedic school, but I'm trying to shoot when I get the chance. Few things suck more than having several attractive, willing "models" ready to shoot and no time to indulge them!
I can commiserate with you Don... I don't think that many civilians understand just how much effort someone has to put in to get their 'medic stripes, these days. When I went through school a couple of decades ago, it was supposed to be a 900 hour course. We had calendars that I marked in florescent orange for a day when I has something 'medic school related to do and I recently found them in a box of old school stuff... it's amazing that there's only one or two days a month (and none during the months we were doing rotations) that isn't colored orange. At the end of school, I guesstimated somewhere around 1400 hours of school, rotations, workshops, drills, practice, outreach programs, etc.

They used to say there'd be "one death", "one marriage", "one divorce", etc, and "one birth" during each medic school class. My wife and I wound up being the "one birth".. well, she was 3-months preggers at the end of school, and I often wonder just when we had time to make that happen!

Now, especially with the new national curriculum (if your state has adopted it), I don't envy you your training schedule. So much new stuff in the last few years.

And so, after 24 years as a paramedic, I'm letting my license lapse in 6 more days.

Anyway - good luck in school and keep watch for D-N-R tattoos on the chest of old time medics!

Old 07-26-2007, 06:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 36974
My Mood:

Photomart is offline IP: 76.186.39.68

I like the image ... I like the model's pose ... only think I might change is to darken/saturate the image a bit (the water and swimsuit looks a bit washed out). Nice job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5wd View Post
And so, after 24 years as a paramedic, I'm letting my license lapse in 6 more days.
Hey Wayne -- sounds like we need to grab another lunch sometime over the next six days ... I'd feel safer that way.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Photomart Visit Photomart's homepage! Find More Posts by Photomart

Old 07-26-2007, 08:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37369

n5wd is offline IP: 129.118.32.145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photomart View Post
... sounds like we need to grab another lunch sometime over the next six days ... I'd feel safer that way.
All that means is that my "license to kill" has expired - I'll still possess the ability to drive that 6" long needle into the left ventricle of your heart! <evil grin> (And folks, that's a bit of black humor commonly found in folks who've worked in emergency services, so please don't take it seriously).

Lunch sounds good - check your PM for details.