Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
I just recived
Old 07-22-2007, 02:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 55130
Comments: 1
My Mood:

J Diaz is offline IP: 68.198.36.165

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I just recived a phone call from another photographer. we been shooting in different location for the past 5 years most all the time the same location. For example same plublic beach, park botanical, garden etc etc. A park ranger walk to hime and ask is he shooting for Commercial use Priveted use or for a magazine. he told that it going to use as a Priveted work. he told me the ranger walk away he continue shooting in 5 minute the NYPD came in to him the he can't no longer shooting in this beach they take the camera computer model wife and kids to the police building. he just came out and call me the he has a $5,000.00 dollar for no has a permit to shoot photo in the beach the we been for the past 5 year and no only him and me ther are other photographer and videographer in the same locations for the past 5 year. what going on that the law change so quikly that we to has notice ahead of time. the anyone know something that we don't know and by the way this happen in one of New York Beach.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to J Diaz Find More Posts by J Diaz

Re: I just recived
Old 07-22-2007, 02:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.199.118.139

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Really difficult to make a judgement on these types of stories until we hear the Ranger and the Police's side of the story.
It is likely that if there has been a law change, then there will be posted notices, it will have appeared in newspapers, on news programs, etc. We would need details on those factors also.
Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 07-22-2007, 02:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35230
Send a message via AIM to glennusdin Send a message via Yahoo to glennusdin

glennusdin is offline IP: 74.92.121.113

any chance of a translation of some of this.

I got the part about beach and cops, but the details are hard to understand.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to glennusdin Visit glennusdin's homepage! Find More Posts by glennusdin

Old 07-22-2007, 03:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 55130
My Mood:

J Diaz is offline IP: 68.198.36.165

I try to get more detail about this because that is my favorite spot close to the rock. at soon I know something I posted.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to J Diaz Find More Posts by J Diaz

Old 07-22-2007, 03:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 56852
Comments: 0
Send a message via AIM to dorbata Send a message via MSN to dorbata Send a message via Yahoo to dorbata

dorbata is offline IP: 76.23.189.198

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennusdin View Post
any chance of a translation of some of this.

I got the part about beach and cops, but the details are hard to understand.
Him and a fellow photographer from NY have been shooting at various locations without any harassments from the authority. Recently, his fellow photographer was shooting at a beach and a ranger asked if he's shooting for commercial/magazine or for private use. The photographer replied "for private use" so the ranger left and the photographer resumed shooting. A cop arrived minutes later and asked for a permit. Since the photographer didn't have a permit, he, his family and equipment went to the police station for questioning. I think his fellow photographer had to pay a $5K fine. Mr. Diaz is questioning if a new law has been passed that prevents non-commercial photographs of public places. If so, why wasn't he and other fellow photographers not warned of the new law.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to dorbata Find More Posts by dorbata

Old 07-22-2007, 04:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 57204
Comments: 2

Absolutely Digital is offline IP: 202.33.109.12

Sorry to hear about that. My question is why should it matter if it was commercial or private (the fine amount?) You would think that private would be ok. Hell if anyone asks me I will say the model is a family member and yada yada yada. I mean he did not even get a warning, unless he was shooting some eye candy type stuff if you know what i mean.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Absolutely Digital Find More Posts by Absolutely Digital

Old 07-22-2007, 04:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 57693

trickshot is offline IP: 69.134.170.34

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/29/ny...gewanted=print
  View Public Profile Send a private message to trickshot Find More Posts by trickshot

Old 07-22-2007, 04:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Resident Evil

Member GG#: 35479

christian is offline IP: 207.244.163.81

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorbata View Post
Him and a fellow photographer from NY have been shooting at various locations without any harassments from the authority. Recently, his fellow photographer was shooting at a beach and a ranger asked if he's shooting for commercial/magazine or for private use. The photographer replied "for private use" so the ranger left and the photographer resumed shooting. A cop arrived minutes later and asked for a permit. Since the photographer didn't have a permit, he, his family and equipment went to the police station for questioning. I think his fellow photographer had to pay a $5K fine. Mr. Diaz is questioning if a new law has been passed that prevents non-commercial photographs of public places. If so, why wasn't he and other fellow photographers not warned of the new law.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAA! Well done.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 56870
Comments: 3

BobEdens is offline IP: 66.18.61.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diaz View Post
I try to get more detail about this because that is my favorite spot close to the rock. at soon I know something I posted.
Translation:
He will attempt to learn more facts about the incident, since its one of his favorite places (specifically the area around a large rock). He will post here when he learns more...

topic has already been covered here.
http://www.glamour1.com/forums/main-...highlight=York
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BobEdens Visit BobEdens's homepage! Find More Posts by BobEdens

Old 07-24-2007, 09:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 53446

photoguy2003 is offline IP: 68.12.33.142

the only thing that comes to mind, is that your friend was shooting something he shouldnt have been shooting in public. That could be wrong, but thats what it sounded like to me. I heard a story about a photographer who went through the same thing. He was shooting a teenager in a swimsuit. he had permission from the parents, but did not have a permit for the public site he was using. he got all of his stuff taken away and received a fine also.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to photoguy2003 Find More Posts by photoguy2003