Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
At The Cemetery
Old 07-14-2007, 02:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 41498
Comments: 0
Send a message via ICQ to HMetal Send a message via Skype™ to HMetal

HMetal is offline IP: 216.221.71.220

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sharon and I made a trip to an old cemetery. Here's the first photo I processed of the series of 300+ that we shot.

Ray A. Akey
My PBase Galleries (nudity warning)
My Flickr (nudity)
My Commercial Website (work-safe)
  View Public Profile Send a private message to HMetal Visit HMetal's homepage! Find More Posts by HMetal

Re: At The Cemetery
Old 07-14-2007, 02:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 56509
Send a message via Yahoo to DDCStudios

DDCStudios is offline IP: 68.102.99.102

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

nice shot..but cant quite tell its a cemetary,,,
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DDCStudios Visit DDCStudios's homepage! Find More Posts by DDCStudios

Old 07-14-2007, 02:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Photographer/Instructor

Member GG#: 52660
Send a message via AIM to DaveB Send a message via Yahoo to DaveB Send a message via Skype™ to DaveB

DaveB is offline IP: 69.250.77.239

I agree. The cemetery is totally irrelevant in this image. Could have been shot in a back yard.
david@posneg.com
My Current Photography Workshops
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DaveB Visit DaveB's homepage! Find More Posts by DaveB

Old 07-14-2007, 06:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 41498
Send a message via ICQ to HMetal Send a message via Skype™ to HMetal

HMetal is offline IP: 216.221.71.220

Sheesh, give a guy some time to work. I agree the cemetery was irrelevant in this image. That's why I specifically pointed it out.

I'll post more in this thread.

So, no one sees anything that could be done to improve the shot even more? I find that hard to believe with our crowd here at G1.

Ray A. Akey
My PBase Galleries (nudity warning)
My Flickr (nudity)
My Commercial Website (work-safe)
  View Public Profile Send a private message to HMetal Visit HMetal's homepage! Find More Posts by HMetal

Old 07-14-2007, 06:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35352
My Mood:

johnw is offline IP: 65.13.24.8

Overall exposure , contrast and color right on. Model has a certain 3D quality as she pops of the background.

But its the details that would make it a stronger image.

Need some seperation in lower right between corset and shadow, on my monitor they seem to blend together.

Don't care for the 3 branched or sticks growing out of her hair or the curved branch riming her head. It would have worked a little better if the branches were a little fuller.

Fix the Stray hair running over eyes to the mouth. I would also have had her turn her head either more to her right for a full profile or back to the left so that her right eye was in full view, lower her chin or shoot from a higher vantage point so that were not looking up her nose.

John
  View Public Profile Send a private message to johnw Find More Posts by johnw

Old 07-14-2007, 08:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 67.49.32.15

other than the "i don't see no steenkeeng cemetary" comments, perhaps you might pay more attention to details like the way the branches of the tree are in the shot behind her head-- some of them appear as if they're growing out of her head! also, if you're gonna pose her so she's profiled, you might want to make sure she's fully in a profile. If not, maybe a 3/4 turn of her head might be better than just having that small bit eyebrow and upper-eyelid still in the shot. the crop is a bit odd to me, but that's a personal aesthetics thing. better use of shadow on the model might enhance the gothic look i think you were going for.

My NSFW blog
: http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 07-14-2007, 10:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Photographer/Instructor

Member GG#: 52660
Send a message via AIM to DaveB Send a message via Yahoo to DaveB Send a message via Skype™ to DaveB

DaveB is offline IP: 69.250.77.239

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMetal View Post
So, no one sees anything that could be done to improve the shot even more? I find that hard to believe with our crowd here at G1.

Hmm...I never saw where you asked what could be done to improve the image, in your original post. I'll look again...
david@posneg.com
My Current Photography Workshops
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DaveB Visit DaveB's homepage! Find More Posts by DaveB

Old 07-15-2007, 12:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 50267

Deezie is offline IP: 75.43.218.66

The issue I have is that there's no concept, here. If you're going to shoot in a cemetery, then use it to your full advantage to contrast the macabre with the beauty of the model. Or use hair, makeup and garments to reveal a gorgeous model who is one of the living dead.

Right now, it's just a little too blah. The lighting is too straigthforward and the pose of your subject is not very dynamic. The issue here is you have all these wonderful possibilities with a cemetery and then when we view your shot, we are disappointed because you have not utilized the location to make your shot distinctive. Your talent isn't in your ability to correctly expose a shot, but in your point-of-view about what you're shooting.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Deezie Find More Posts by Deezie