Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Maela's Trip To Miami...
Old 07-10-2007, 05:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Resident Evil

Member GG#: 35479
Comments: 0

christian is offline IP: 207.244.163.81

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

There are two reasons I say this is a RAW image.

Firstly, it's the first time I've used a digital in RAW on location.

It's also RAW because she isn't wearing a drop of make-up in the image.

What do you think?

christian

Re: Maela's Trip To Miami...
Old 07-10-2007, 05:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36882
Comments: 2
My Mood:

RonC is offline IP: 24.4.76.104

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I think someone smeared pool cue chalk on your lens.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing stays as good as it once was!
http://www.myspace.com/ronsphotos
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RonC Visit RonC's homepage! Find More Posts by RonC

Old 07-10-2007, 06:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Resident Evil

It's a smoke bomb. She had her eyes closed in the ones where there was a bigger plume of smoke... damn shame. I think it might have to do with her being a Brit and the smoke bomb being bought for the 4th... I dunno.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 41719
Send a message via AIM to srwatters Send a message via Yahoo to srwatters

srwatters is offline IP: 65.197.247.151

I'm confused?

Is the same Christian that we know and ????

RAW or not, I don't see much either creatively or technically done well, but then again, I'm just a hack. It looks more like a mistake in processing by the film lab to me (the blue blotch). Could be that it's too far above my simple mind to comprehend

Perhaps you might turn your critical eye on the image and tell us what you think had someone else posted it?

View Public Profile Send a private message to srwatters Visit srwatters's homepage! Find More Posts by srwatters

Old 07-11-2007, 01:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 56870
Comments: 3

BobEdens is offline IP: 66.18.61.18

Quote:
RAW or not, I don't see much either creatively or technically done well,
Now I'm confused. Weve established the smoke bomb probably wasn't a good idea, but the rest of the photo looks great to me. Her eye is sharp and the sky/skyline is done well. I see no loss of details in her dress. There is a tiny blown spot on her chin, which hardly makes the photo bad to me.

It gives me a post apocalyptic movie kind of feel.

srwatters: could you elaborate on what is bad?

View Public Profile Send a private message to BobEdens Visit BobEdens's homepage! Find More Posts by BobEdens

Old 07-11-2007, 01:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

srwatters is offline IP: 65.197.247.151

For me the wardrobe doesn't seem in place. And what is tied around her head?

The horizon tilts down. The dress/foot is cut off on the right of the frame. The up the nose perspective isn't appealing. She has an arm growing out of her abdomen. yadda, yadda, yadda.

I guess I was commenting more on Christian's comments regarding other photographers work and was wondering why he would choose this image of his own for critique. It seems to me to be far below his normal standards in terms of quality and content. But like I said, I'm just an amateur.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to srwatters Visit srwatters's homepage! Find More Posts by srwatters

Old 07-11-2007, 07:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Resident Evil

This is my first location experiment with RAW to see if I could get strong color reaction... so my experiment succeeded. The skin vs. the sky vs the water, vs the clouds.... I think it went swell.

Now, I need to know which volume of the " Good Photo Rulebook," you're quoting... so I can look up the page numbers.

Secondly, to your details. There's an island on the left - the horizon is just fine. Her foot is in the dress, but the heel is coming out ( I just hated her shoes )... and both are in the frame.

The arm, the face position, the juxtaposition of dress/band to the environment, frame, depth of color, are all just fine to me - I only wish I had gotten more smoke in the shot. It's too bad she was blinking when there was. I rather like this image... but feel free to consult that " Good photo rulebook " of yours.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37576

rixafter6 is offline IP: 24.2.16.5

Mr. Watters:

#1 Christian is a fashion photographer and the "normal" rules for glamour don't apply to his images even though he posts on a glamour forum.

#2 The image is Christian's normal fare and reflects his style.

Christian:

It doesn't matter what the horizon is--It's not straight. It's slants to the left.

Rick D.

Rule 10

Old 07-11-2007, 11:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

srwatters is offline IP: 71.164.138.122

I expected no different answer. My apologies for disturbing your nirvana. Although you did ask "what do you think?" Perhaps you should have asked, "what do you think as long as it isn't critical of my image?"

I still think nearly all the images you have posted here are far better than this one. That is my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Resident Evil

Well... what am I supposed to say now?

It appears you're simply trying to argue with me... so I'll go ahead and help you.

You: Did you get what was in your head before shooting?

Me: While I wish there was more smoke in the image... yes, everything else was what I wanted. I picked the dress, the band, the location, the lighting, the background vs foreground.

You: Well I don't like it.

Me: Okay.

You: No, I mean I REALLY don't like it.

Me: Okay.

You: Well you don't have to be a bitch about it!

Me: Okay... here's a graham cracker.

Done.