Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Congratulations to Tiffany, Steph, Laura, Holley...
Old 06-25-2007, 09:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 70.125.157.219

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Well I just returned from a successful and sold-out 3-day workshop at the Julia Dean Photo School down in Venice Beach and I'm exhausted but wanted to say thanks to all the participants, models, make-up artists and the four wonderful assistants we had to help us--now all the assistants were provided by the Julia Dean and it was a first--all women assistants for a total of six if you include the MUA's. Wow! Wonderful gals, all of them.

(Image from this weekend in LA, to see how this image was done in the camera, go here!)
Click for larger version

That aside, I had the pleasure of taking some time out for dinner Saturday night with the owner/inventor of California Sunbounce, Peter Geller, and representatives from Hensel Lighting and the great glamour photographer of the Marina himself, Andy Pearlman. Still working on getting Andy out with us to the VI, seems he wants to go after that great experience he had with us in Cozumel years ago. Stay tuned!

LA was fun, fast and furious as we (Holley Dorrough and I) combined visits to one of the major networks on Friday then after lunch class started at 6 p.m. and it seemed to never stop. However, I did take some time to show my "advanced" copy of the new book--yes, good news to those that ordered in advance, it should be in the U.S. in about three weeks or less! I also was fortunate to receive the latest copy of the European photography magazine, D-Pixx, Thursday before I headed to the airport.

Since I'm exhausted and way behind on everything, I downloaded this image from their webiste and I'll scan the other 9-pages they did on my photography and the Virgin Islands workshop. So far we've had coverage from ABC Television, D-Pixx, Rangefinder (cover story also) and other great sources and soon, even bigger things to come!

Finally, congratulations to Tiffany, Steph, Laura, Holley, Jo, Lisa, Sally, Mark T., Robert, Yvonne, Wojtek, and all the others that made this magazine--including two, images spread over two pages each, also known as double-trucks in the publishing world. Good news too, they included a link to G1 in the story!

Well have to run say hello to my family and see if they recognize me...thanks to all for taking care of this place while on the road, it takes many and thanks to Roger, Corey, Michael, Ralph, etc., etc., for being on top of things, wishing all the best, rg sends!

Click for larger version

(Images below are not the scans from the magazine, but they were the two "double-trucks" images featured in the magazine, more soon!)
Click for larger version

Click for larger version
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez
Last edited by rolandogomez; 06-26-2007 at 01:18 AM..