Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Cindi
Old 06-23-2007, 07:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Member GG#: 40697
Comments: 0
Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 72.178.235.217

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

For those of us that are passionate about photography, many times WE are the ones that that benefit the most from a shoot. Case in point...Cindi is a forty-something mother of 2 and one of the sweetest ladies I've had the pleasure of meeting. Cindi is not a full time model and this session was for her and her husband. The cool thing is, as the shoot progressed, Cindi began having FUN and the fact that she doesn't do this full time really didn't matter. The shoot itself became the reward...yeah we got some nice images, but that was a bonus. Beauty and grace doesn't always have to be wrapped in a twenty year old...many times it's hidden in those that may not think it even exists.

http://www.bobbygphoto.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

Re: Cindi
Old 06-23-2007, 08:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39216
Comments: 2
Send a message via MSN to isaiahbrink Send a message via Yahoo to isaiahbrink

isaiahbrink is offline IP: 68.127.94.175

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hey Bobby, I know what you're talking about, just last week I had a similar experience. Ok, she was in her late 20's, but wasn't a full time model, didn't even consider herself a model at all. But either way, she's a really great, sweat woman, like your model here, and we were driving around from location to locatiion, and we were just having a great time doing it. I don't have any of the images from that shoot in my G1 portfolio, but some great ones were taken. Long story short, I'm glad to hear that another photographer out there is still having fun on the shoots, because I've heard from so many photographers, that things get so mondaine, so boring, it's like the fun and creativity is gone, which to me is a shame.

Isaiah

Old 06-23-2007, 01:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.199.115.18

Great shots. I do think that on the last one the red is a bit overwhelming because there is so much of it. But it worked well on the one right before it because it was a much smaller part of the image. What was your favorite shot from the group, by the way. On another note, about releases --- I normally find that when I do private glamour shoots for mature women that they don't want the shots posted or shared. Do you find that to ever be a problem. I assume in this case, that she liked the photos very much, and wanted was willing to let then be shared. Do you spell it out in the release before hand, or discuss it with the model? I always try to do all of this on the front end, but often find that even when the model is okay with some of the shots being posted, that she wants right of approval for the ones that will be made public.

Click for larger version

Model is in her mid 30's with 2 children.

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 06-23-2007, 01:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Member GG#: 40697
Comments: 0
Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 72.178.235.217

Roger, of this et #2 tends to be my favorite...I handle private shoots 2 ways...with the release obviously and I also include a seperate form that they can provide me with limited use for internet or print if they are comfortable. In many cases the model BEFORE the shoot doesn't want them posted anywhere...then when they see how good they look, I sometimes get to post a few...as was the case here. Cindi asked that I put a few up to get some feedback...

I am meeting her again tonight for another shoot...

http://www.bobbygphoto.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot