Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Lauren Fashion and Glamour
Old 06-04-2007, 04:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37651
Comments: 0

rdavis is offline IP: 69.15.164.92

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Had a shoot yesterday with a new model. She's been out of the game for awhile and decided to get back in. So she contacted me. She wanted some goth stuff.

Didn't quite get to that, but we'll do it again.

Here are the images. I'm trying a new method of badging as well. I wanted to be able to put the model's name in the badge, and have it be more of a graphic element. I don't do it to protect my copyright, but to promote myself. Let me know if it is too much.

Practical Pinup Online Workshop
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rdavis Visit rdavis's homepage! Find More Posts by rdavis

Re: Lauren Fashion and Glamour
Old 06-04-2007, 04:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.199.112.109

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I think the warmer shots do work better for this model, but that may be personal taste. the badge works well, but I'm not sure its consistent. I think it would work better if the bar is the same height for each photo rather than different for each. Also, you might experiment with the kerning for the text, especially on your name.
On #2, I think there is too much negative space on the left. I'd tend to put her on the right vertical line of thirds to determine ultimate cropping.
Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 06-04-2007, 04:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Thanks I hadn't noticed the difference in bar heights. I dragged the layers from one image to another and it looks like the verticals come off a little different.

Bigbest problem with this one if I have to do it by hand. My old logo was just a brush and it was one step to draw it on an image. I'll figure out how to automate it eventually.

View Public Profile Send a private message to rdavis Visit rdavis's homepage! Find More Posts by rdavis

Old 06-04-2007, 06:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36789
Comments: 1
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ARTFORMS

ARTFORMS is offline IP: 24.181.61.137

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavis View Post
Had a shoot yesterday with a new model. She's been out of the game for awhile and decided to get back in. So she contacted me. She wanted some goth stuff.

Didn't quite get to that, but we'll do it again.

Here are the images. I'm trying a new method of badging as well. I wanted to be able to put the model's name in the badge, and have it be more of a graphic element. I don't do it to protect my copyright, but to promote myself. Let me know if it is too much.
I like the warm skin tones on images 2, 3 & 5. The model might look a little better moved slightly towards the center but still off center on number 2. Although her skin tones are not warm on 1 & 4, they do match the background this way.
As for your copyright logo, it is good looking and professional without over powering the image since you seem to have reduced the opacity on most of them.

Jim
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ARTFORMS Visit ARTFORMS's homepage! Find More Posts by ARTFORMS

Old 06-04-2007, 09:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45671

gaborm is offline IP: 66.82.9.62

I like your images. They're pretty far from goth, but I like them that way.
Your domain name is very difficult to read and to remember. Have you ever thought of using your name with photo or photography or something along that line?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to gaborm Find More Posts by gaborm

Old 06-05-2007, 10:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaborm View Post
I like your images. They're pretty far from goth, but I like them that way.
Yeah, I never really intended to be known as a goth photographer, but my first publication was in Gothic Beauty and then I started attracting goth models. Eventually I did the Goth Swimsuit Calendar, and that's just how I'm know. I guess it became my style.

Now I'm kind of trying to break out of it. I think I'm going to shoot just these two setup for awhile to see what genres they work for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaborm View Post
Your domain name is very difficult to read and to remember. Have you ever thought of using your name with photo or photography or something along that line?
Thanks for the feedback. You are right it is hard to read in all caps. I may need to change fonts because that one only has caps.

There is another rather famous celebrity photographer named Ron Davis, so I try not to just use my name.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 50526
Send a message via Yahoo to yassy

yassy is offline IP: 60.45.0.135

Nice work,#4 is my favorite Thanks for sharing.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to yassy Find More Posts by yassy

Old 06-06-2007, 01:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 47251
My Mood:

Zakd is offline IP: 91.150.78.233

These are excellents shoots and I like them.....
My personal opinion is if we think of the photo first then the wormer colors are more attractive but if we think from the model side I'm sure that first photo is her best appearance then third and fourth photo. I would not use lot of shadows on her face.... but it is personal opinion....
anyway all of them are great....
Regards Zak
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Zakd Find More Posts by Zakd