Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
New Stuff: Maryann!
Old 06-01-2007, 08:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35309
Comments: 0

postcardsfromthewasteland is offline IP: 74.232.159.101

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hey all,

Maryann stopped by for a spell....hope you like; feel free to critique, rip apart, tell baseball anecdotes, or share drink recipes.

Makeup by the amazingly talented Emily Knight.

Thanks

Jim
http://postcardsfromthewasteland.com

View Public Profile Send a private message to postcardsfromthewasteland Visit postcardsfromthewasteland's homepage! Find More Posts by postcardsfromthewasteland

Re: New Stuff: Maryann!
Old 06-01-2007, 10:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 57919
Comments: 1

kgphoto is offline IP: 69.235.89.201

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

That girl knows how to pose. She is very aware of her body.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to kgphoto Find More Posts by kgphoto

Old 06-01-2007, 04:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37369

n5wd is offline IP: 68.113.221.108

Quote:
Originally Posted by postcardsfromthewasteland View Post
...Maryann stopped by for a spell....hope you like; feel free to critique, rip apart, tell baseball anecdotes, or share drink recipes.
Beautiful girl... #3 is by far the best of the bunch, but I'd prefer to see the top of her head (with a little bit of headroom) as well as all of her left arm (what is it you have against left arms? i.e. #3 and #4).

#1 - the tilt doesn't appear to be for any particular reason, at least not that I as a viewer can tell... it doesn't add anything to the image. Reframe it horizontally, crop the dead space off above the couch, drop the exposure down just a bit (hoping you shot this in RAW) to put some detail in the hot spots on her hand, chest, forearm and head, and you've got a winner.

#2 - a bit more headroom and a bit more at the foot, please, and crop the shot to get rid of the extra superfolous stuff on the left side of the image.

#4 - excellent lighting and exposure - if only she were looking at the camera so as to make some visceral contact with the viewer. Maybe a "cute but naughty" look.. maybe a look of surprise.. something. Otherwise, the shot just doesn't have much impact on the viewer, IMHO.

I would imagiine it would hurt your feelings to try and re-shoot these with her, would it?

Here's my Rule 10 image... Jen

Old 06-02-2007, 08:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Hola Wayne

Thanks for the feedback!! I'm very anti-left arm....;-)

I did some horizontal shots on the couch but the tilt provided a more dramatic shot....the horizontal shots made it look like she was simply sleeping on a couch. #4, I do have a shot of her looking up....I should post it and see which people prefer. We shot a bunch of her playing with the zipper looking up and looking away....I always do both.

Thank you for the extensive comments!!!!!!!

Jim

PS: shoot in RAW? Haven't gone that route.....I'm inherently cheap.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to postcardsfromthewasteland Visit postcardsfromthewasteland's homepage! Find More Posts by postcardsfromthewasteland

Old 06-02-2007, 08:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 53516

Mverick is offline IP: 24.182.235.139

Great pics and Very pretty girl.

Here are some things I don't do. Distractions.

The 4 circles by the end of her feet draw the eye and her feet turn into what? They look morphed together. Not into the angle either. Back of her thigh to her butt looks straight. Have her flex and arch her back a little.

The hand coming over the boob looks like it's out of nowhere. The background should have been blurred out completely. Let definition in there and you need to have a background. Not half the background a window and a wall and a ceiling. Lights in the ceiling draw your eye. In a old factory fine. In a studio, it don't work.

Hand over the thigh is from no where. Legs crossed is fine but you see part of the hip and it looks to spread the image there. Background 2 cushions should be blurred out a lot more. Hair a little more combed. Left arm going out and coming back into the image.

Have her look at you with the submissive look. Looking down but eye's up. Throw a little fill on the left side of her face. The chair she's sitting on shouldn't be in the image and the arm came back into the pic on the bottom right out of nowhere.

All are good pics. And all these are nit picking. But things to look for when shooting.

I really like 2 if you get rid of the distractions.

I also like 4 a lot. But if she was looking at you it would be a really great shot.

One poster of a girl I know has a shadow between her legs that looks like a guy's thing. It's posted in St. Louis and in Bars. You have to look at things other then the hot girl. LOL...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Mverick Find More Posts by Mverick

Old 06-03-2007, 01:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Dax
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35270

Dax is offline IP: 65.8.233.126

oh my.... what a woman !
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Dax Visit Dax's homepage! Find More Posts by Dax

Old 06-04-2007, 08:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Mv: many thanks for the comments! I had given some thohght to blurring out the studio more...thought it would be cool if we saw the actual studio ad corners, but alot of folks said no to it, which is why the feedback is valuable. I'll probably bur/darken the background down in the final pic.

And certainly not nitpicking...I asked for the feedback, and always invite people to like or rip my stuff to shreds.

Many thanks again!

jim

Old 06-04-2007, 09:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 48213

Marty_McBride is offline IP: 152.163.100.202

ABSOLUTELY LOVE EM ALL!!!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Marty_McBride Find More Posts by Marty_McBride

Old 06-04-2007, 09:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBride_Photo View Post
ABSOLUTELY LOVE EM ALL!!!
Thank you, sir!!!

Old 06-04-2007, 11:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member GG#: 58489

studio32d is offline IP: 68.205.238.101

All four images are good.

#1 struck me immediately and still does after having gone over all four a few times. The tilt doesn't bother me a bit. I'd like to see more of her toes- to keep her right foot from resembling a club. I can tell from image #2 that she has a shapely bottom but I didn't know it in image #1. Maybe raising the camera position a couple of inches would give a view over the front edge of the couch and reveal a hint of those curves. All that being said, I still think it is a striking image.

#2 is a great "rear view". Some of the background is a bit distracting but I didn't notice it immediately- I was looking elsewhere. I don't think the "right hand from nowhere" is a problem in itself but I think the low angle exaggerates the length of the left hand. Maybe the left hand over the breast and the right hidden behind her torso would be worth trying next time.

#3 might benefit from some blurring in the upper right hand corner. Again, the "hand from nowhere" doesn't bother me - I think it only draws the eye because the hands are a bit brighter than the majority of skin in the frame. No big deal, a little PS.

#4 I'm torn over. I like the pose but my eye wanders around the frame. First, I notice the dead space to the left, then the background at the bottom of the frame (a stool, maybe?) and the rolled strap on her right shoulder. Cropping out the bottom 10% and 15% from the left would remove the first two and move the strap to a less prominent portion of the frame.

Still, I like them all. Thanks for posting them.

Murph