Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Some images to balance out the noise...
Old 04-26-2007, 03:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 41719
Comments: 0
Send a message via AIM to srwatters Send a message via Yahoo to srwatters

srwatters is offline IP: 65.197.247.151

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

These were an experiment for me. The model is an adult performer from New Mexico that comes to Dallas on occasion to dance in the local gentleman's clubs. Her stage name is Xstacy. MUA Janet Harris from Visuelle Artistry.

I KNOW these are far from perfect and would be happy to hear your opinions, both good and bad.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to srwatters Visit srwatters's homepage! Find More Posts by srwatters

Re: Some images to balance out the noise...
Old 04-26-2007, 03:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.186.138.153

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I like them both. #2 has sort of a pinup quality to it. It would be a good candidate for a thought balloon. Sort of like I did here:

Click for larger version
Click for larger version

A question about #2, however: The hair in front looks blond, but toward the rear of the head looks like it has gone white. Is that splash from the background or is her hair two toned?

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 04-26-2007, 03:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 57919
Comments: 1

kgphoto is offline IP: 69.235.137.255

While not crazy about the shoes, I like the see through nature of the chiffon. Since it is a see through material, I would like to see more composition and flow to her body beneath the fabric. She has a great body, so show it's shape off more. Create some lines with the material as well.

I like the exposure and saturation, so you hit it there.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to kgphoto Find More Posts by kgphoto

Old 04-26-2007, 03:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Fredrick_Smith View Post
A question about #2, however: The hair in front looks blond, but toward the rear of the head looks like it has gone white. Is that splash from the background or is her hair two toned?
I wish I could count the colors in her hair. Black, blonde, white... It was pretty well bleached from what I remember. She was a long distance from the BG (10') so I doubt it was splash. I metered the BG equal to the main exposure. If anything messed with the color it would have been the Alien Skin Exposure plug-in I used in post.

Thanks for the comments. I'm not much of an 'illustrator' so I keep to just the photographs
  View Public Profile Send a private message to srwatters Visit srwatters's homepage! Find More Posts by srwatters

Old 04-26-2007, 03:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 55042
My Mood:

RobArtLyn is offline IP: 138.88.13.244

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgphoto View Post
While not crazy about the shoes.
Stripper shoes. You got to love 'em, 'cause...

Actually, no, you don't. In fact, I hate them. I only let them in my shots under duress.

That said, I like both shots. I think that they are both successful.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RobArtLyn Find More Posts by RobArtLyn

Old 04-26-2007, 03:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 57569

TCProd is offline IP: 68.44.114.33

I'm also getting the "pinup" vibe in the second one. I like them both. Only comment, neither positive nor negative, is that her expression is nearly identical in them. No big deal though.

RFS, that's a side of Holley I haven't seen. Bravo.

Tom
  View Public Profile Send a private message to TCProd Visit TCProd's homepage! Find More Posts by TCProd

Old 04-26-2007, 03:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 144.80.193.138

Both are very interesting, but I think I prefer the color image for its "pinup-y" feel, albeit a bit unconventional. I really like the first for its nearly surreal quality, but the lack of a context or background setting somehow lessens the image's impact, IMO. Maybe the first should be in color as well? Or false colors?
These are both, IMO, quite good work, Scott.
Thanks for sharing.
kgphoto: "She has a great body, so show it's shape off more." Most assuredly.

Old 04-26-2007, 04:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCProd View Post
I'm also getting the "pinup" vibe in the second one. I like them both. Only comment, neither positive nor negative, is that her expression is nearly identical in them. No big deal though.
Actually it is a big deal.... I tried to get her not to do the 'growl' as I so fondly put it to her, but I think that's a big part of her stage persona. I wanted glam and she gave me grrrrrr.

My business partner, Greg Daniels, shot her later in her visit. You can see those on page 4 of his MySpace page. He clearly was able to get what I could not (not that his 20+ years of experience helps, of course)

Old 04-26-2007, 04:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jford View Post
Both are very interesting, but I think I prefer the color image for its "pinup-y" feel, albeit a bit unconventional. I really like the first for its nearly surreal quality, but the lack of a context or background setting somehow lessens the image's impact, IMO. Maybe the first should be in color as well? Or false colors?
These are both, IMO, quite good work, Scott.
Thanks for sharing.
kgphoto: "She has a great body, so show it's shape off more." Most assuredly.
Thanks... Here's #1 in 'false' color:

Old 04-26-2007, 04:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 144.80.193.138

Works for me. Definitely.