Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Photographer's Webdesign
Old 04-13-2007, 07:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 55865
Comments: 0

Lancer Photography is offline IP: 71.14.123.214

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I have seen a lot of Photographer's websites. What flash software do you all recommend? I see this: http://www.jsophotography.com/ Simple, beautiful. What software can I purchase to make a nice website like this?
Thanks,

Lancer
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Lancer Photography Visit Lancer Photography's homepage! Find More Posts by Lancer Photography

Re: Photographer's Webdesign
Old 04-13-2007, 07:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 40444
Send a message via AIM to inhifistereo6

inhifistereo6 is offline IP: 74.134.107.175

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Believe it or not, this website is fairly simple. The flash on the homepage can be done with ImageReady, and the portfolio can be done with Fireworks. All in all, fairly easy site to build. Few hours for even the most amateur of web designers to build.

Software needed:

Adobe Photoshop
Adobe ImageReady
Macromedia Dreamworks
Macromedia Fireworks
  View Public Profile Send a private message to inhifistereo6 Find More Posts by inhifistereo6

Old 04-13-2007, 08:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.186.138.153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer Photography View Post
I have seen a lot of Photographer's websites. What flash software do you all recommend? I see this: http://www.jsophotography.com/ Simple, beautiful. What software can I purchase to make a nice website like this?
Thanks,

Lancer
This is a very poor website from the standpoint of the search engines. Flash in general does not work very well for sites that will score well in the search engines, and that is often an important aspect of having a web site. Another poster said that it was simple to build, but listed over $1000 worth of software that would be needed to build it. That's certainly not a cheap. By the way, the site in question is a combination of javascript, html and flash. Something is wrong with the menus however, and on many browsers it takes two clicks to activate a menu choice.

Actually, if you're willing to learn a little flash, you can use something like SwishMax to build the flash portions. You can buy complete templates from the SwishMax people for about $30 that have the entire interface, and a gallery for the photos and all you have to do is load it into Swishmax and edit it. Even though I use the Swishmax software for simple logos and banners, I would never consider using it for building the entire website. If you want to look at their templates, you can check here:

http://www.swishzone.com/index.php?a...&product=sites

If you just want a fancy way to show your photos, then you can download a free copy of simple viewer which is a flash gallery front end and it only takes a few minutes to set up. Here is a simple example that I did in about 5 minutes using Simple Viewer:

http://rfredricksmith.com/simplev/

There is a link to simple viewer in the lower left hand corner.

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 04-13-2007, 08:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 40444
Send a message via AIM to inhifistereo6

inhifistereo6 is offline IP: 74.134.107.175

I'm currently a graduate student at Illinois State University and this semester I am in a hypertext course learning basic fundamentals of web design. All of those applications are available to me by way of the course.

Its so easy to take software for granted sometimes when you weren't the one who paid for it. Sorry.

However, the site is still very simple. Just sayin.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to inhifistereo6 Find More Posts by inhifistereo6

Old 04-13-2007, 10:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 55865

Lancer Photography is offline IP: 71.14.123.214

I agree. inhifistereo6 stated how easy it was, yet I have almost none of the software he listed. I did my own website design and I plan to re-do it. www.lancermediaservices.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Lancer Photography Visit Lancer Photography's homepage! Find More Posts by Lancer Photography

Old 04-14-2007, 08:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 55362

nakins is offline IP: 70.232.96.107

Why photographers want a flash web site is beyond me. Although, the example you gave was very simple, or I should say, very limited use of flash. Actually, all the stuff that was done on the front page could be done with css and javascript. Transitions from one picture to the next can be done this way. I would suggest that you don't run out and buy Flash, or anything else. If you don't already have a web site and hosting, I would suggest you decide if you want unix or MS hosting. If you go with MS hosting, there are some pre made asp.net components from Obout that you could use to roll images with. there is also the Javascript/css solution which there is probably some premade scripts you could use on either unix or MS, and if you realy have to, you can buy a premade flash template that you basically stick your images in, define the text you want, and your good to go. If you go with flash, DO NOT make an intro animation. And whatever your do, DO NOT put "some music to listen to while visiting my site".

I didn't see the post where you stated you already had a web site.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to nakins Find More Posts by nakins