Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Yet another reason not to deal with "Amateurs"
Old 04-05-2007, 01:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 43874
Comments: 0

RVMD is offline IP: 68.120.83.143

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Here's a quote from a "Pro" model, that actually tags her as a wanna be model:

"I may respond to you, if all of the requested
information is included and the Images
along with your Image style, as shown by your Portfolio,
indicate that a collaboration might benefit us both."

So, I'm supposed to take the time to prepare an e-mail or other method of contact, outlining what the client is looking for, the compensation, Make-up artist, Hairstylist, AD, Agency, etc. and you might not even give me the courtesy of a reply, much less a go see.

Opinions?

R
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RVMD Visit RVMD's homepage! Find More Posts by RVMD

Re: Yet another reason not to deal with "Amateurs"
Old 04-05-2007, 02:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 43624
Comments: 4
Send a message via MSN to numee

numee is offline IP: 65.0.62.64

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

SHEEEEEZZZZZ.....don't you just love them...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to numee Find More Posts by numee

Old 04-05-2007, 03:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 41719
Send a message via AIM to srwatters Send a message via Yahoo to srwatters

srwatters is offline IP: 65.197.247.151

Don't forget that her portfolio is full of cell phone images of her and her drunk girlfriends. I see it all the time.

Not that there aren't plenty of pro models who have excellent portfolios as well as GWCs that have P&S T&A books. There are all kinds out there...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to srwatters Visit srwatters's homepage! Find More Posts by srwatters

Old 04-05-2007, 06:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Capri Photography

Member GG#: 45764
My Mood:

Jetboy is offline IP: 69.153.17.79

Quote:
Originally Posted by srwatters View Post
Don't forget that her portfolio is full of cell phone images of her and her drunk girlfriends. I see it all the time.

Not that there aren't plenty of pro models who have excellent portfolios as well as GWCs that have P&S T&A books. There are all kinds out there...
Yup, there are all kinds. It doesn't "take all kinds," there are just...well, all kinds out there. But you know, the bad ones make the good ones look even better.

Alan B.

“Even under the best forms of government, those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.” -Thomas Jefferson
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Jetboy Visit Jetboy's homepage! Find More Posts by Jetboy

To me is sounds like
Old 04-05-2007, 07:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
LivingINDaytona

Member GG#: 35280
Send a message via AIM to JaysonFromMaine Send a message via Yahoo to JaysonFromMaine

JaysonFromMaine is offline IP: 67.35.160.168

all she is saying is don't waste your or my time...

what if you were getting 300 emails a day from girls and only maybe 2-3% of those are even worth looking seriously at...are you gonna spend hours emailing back to every single one of them.. when you might be making money...

"pro" models are business people too...and if they are any good they are gonna be busy... and sometimes that means having to be selective... and if she/he is with an agency do ya think an agency do you think they are gonna send her to you when they can send her to Andrew Eccles...more so if its a model like Jillian Ann...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to JaysonFromMaine Visit JaysonFromMaine's homepage! Find More Posts by JaysonFromMaine

Old 04-06-2007, 07:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 38897
Comments: 1

tomrock is offline IP: 24.166.22.19

I'm with R on this one -- it doesn't take any time to hit reply and say "No thanks". She's a flake. Move on.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:02 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member GG#: 42088

nikiblue is offline IP: 170.53.86.224

She sounds like she may be a little stuck on herself. She could change the tone a bit so she doesn't sound so snotty. But then again if she doesn't even have professional pictures on her site she probably isn't worth the time anyway.

Lisa
  View Public Profile Send a private message to nikiblue Find More Posts by nikiblue

Old 04-06-2007, 11:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 57919

kgphoto is offline IP: 69.235.167.255

Have you considered her writing skills are not the best and it was just a poor choice of words? How different the above sentence would be if I forgot the word "not", which I did when I first typed it.

I agree that I wouldn't want to waste my time with someone who couldn't efficiently communicate with me. So if I am a model and you want to do a TFCD/P or even a paid shoot, but you can't be bothered to show me some of your work, then I don't want to waste my time with you.

Same as a photog searching for a model. Right now I need some beautiful faces to work with. Later I will need some lingerie and bikini models. Finally I will need some nude models.

If a model won't send me an image so I can judge if she fill my needs, no thank you. If I want her to do nudes and she only wants to do head shots, no thank you. I can't tell you about all the time I wasted interviewing potential clients I would have saved, if I had just been better at finding out their needs and mine at the beginning.

Contact the model and carefully craft a respectful message about your possible mis-perception of her site and see if she responds favorably. Don't be so quick to judge. You miss a lot of opportunities that way.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to kgphoto Find More Posts by kgphoto

Old 04-07-2007, 01:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 36812

j4m3z is offline IP: 24.247.246.73

I say send her the following email:

"Hi, I've been a pro photographer for XX years. I saw your portfolio and it is hawt (haute?). Wanna TFCD?"

See if she responds
  View Public Profile Send a private message to j4m3z Visit j4m3z's homepage! Find More Posts by j4m3z

Old 04-07-2007, 12:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 57919

kgphoto is offline IP: 69.235.164.175

One more note, we don't "know" if her portfolio is full of cell phone images. The OP didn't post that comment. It was done as an additional dig.

If you just send the post above by j4m3z, " "Hi, I've been a pro photographer for XX years. I saw your portfolio and it is hawt (haute?). Wanna TFCD?"

You are completely ignoring her request and I expect wouldn't get a response. On the other hand, send a reply that says, I I am a photog for XX years and here are few of my images and more are available on my sit at xxx@.com. I am interested in doing some TFCD with this type of look _______ Contact me if you want to discuss it.

You might get a good response. Sounds like she is looking for paid shoots though. I just think she wrote her "ad" poorly.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to kgphoto Find More Posts by kgphoto
Last edited by kgphoto; 04-07-2007 at 03:02 PM..