Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
A few more of Rhonda
Old 04-03-2007, 07:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Member GG#: 40697
Comments: 0
Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 72.178.235.217

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Since she doesn't model on a regular basis...or at all for that matter...she gets a little intimidated in front of the camera. I think since I shoot so many young models, this may add to the intimidation...however, for a 41 year old mom, I think she is lookin pretty darn good. She DID, however, for the first time say she really liked the way she looks in these images. Nothing fancy, but wanted to share some more of my wife...more for her benefit than anything else...

http://www.bobbygphoto.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

Re: A few more of Rhonda
Old 04-03-2007, 08:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 57794

3rd Coast Twist is offline IP: 163.188.53.101

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Walk tall my friend, you've got a trophy wife
  View Public Profile Send a private message to 3rd Coast Twist Find More Posts by 3rd Coast Twist

Old 04-03-2007, 08:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 144.80.193.138

Rhonda is stunning.
Kind of you to share. Thanks.
IMO, the third and fourth are the best here. As for the sixth, watch the elbows. [Sorry - couldn't resist.]

Old 04-03-2007, 09:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Member GG#: 52513
Send a message via Yahoo to TJPhotoGuy

TJPhotoGuy is offline IP: 207.71.25.66

The pose in #3 is pretty neat. Ther'es a hot spot on her forehead I'd touch away.

The biggst problem Ih ave with these is that in almost all of them, the lighting is very, very flat, which of course kills the three-dimensionality of the photos, especailly in the first few you posted. I'd be curious what your metering ratio was.

In #1, she definitely is very square to the camera and appears quite rigid; there is no fluidity to the pose at all. THis also doesn't flatter her tummy area. There also seems to be a bit of "stray light" in the upper left corner (viewer's perspective) that is a bit distracting at least to me; my eye was drawn to it. It seems to be from the strip light model right. I like the shadows on her feet to the left, but you're also getting shadows model left, giving her five shadows, which appears very unnatural.

I was told it's a good idea to give personal examples when critiquing, so consider the strong two shadows in this models feet in this shot; this was completely intentional, I wanted these shadows to go along with the "dancer" effect; I called this one "Gothic Ballerina":

It's typically only acceptable for models to pose head-on like the poses in your shots (see my post on here called "Bebe") because they are so thin (not saying she's heavy of coruse, I'm saying that just about anyone who poses square like that will appear heavier than they are, but since models are so thin they appear ok in that angle). That's one of the reasons models are pushed to be thin, because they can "get away" with so many more poses. Even if they look heavier than they are, they still don't seem heavy. Consider the opposite, someone who is 300lbs would have to be very carefully posed and angled.

#2 is a decent pose, but would rather see her shoulders turned just a tad more away from the camera. As it is is makes her shoulders seem a bit large.

#5 is my favorite, not only because of the back light but the expression, angle everything.

Thanks for sharing, she's very beautiful.
  View Public Profile Visit TJPhotoGuy's homepage! Find More Posts by TJPhotoGuy
Last edited by TJPhotoGuy; 04-03-2007 at 10:15 AM..

Old 04-03-2007, 11:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 52386

Arkie is offline IP: 75.120.134.139

Photographing your wife (or anyone you care about a lot) can be very difficult. Of course, Bobby makes it look easy because number one...he is a great photographer and number two...he has a beautiful subject. I have photographed special women in my life before and while on one hand it was nerve-wracking because you really want to get it right, on the other hand it is like two hours of foreplay. Doing what you love to do with someone you love...how can it get any better than that.
Congrats, Bobby. You have managed to make us all jealous again. Not only do you have a model right there at home, but apparently she has a good attitude or else she wouldn't let you take pictures of other beautiful women. Arkie.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Arkie Find More Posts by Arkie

Old 04-03-2007, 05:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Vic Naumann

Member GG#: 40216
Comments: 37
My Mood:

Jagdoc is offline IP: 69.138.20.39

She is a very beautiful woman, you should convince her to model more.
Numbers 1, 3 and 5 are my favorites.
You are both lucky and talented.
Thanks for posting.

Vic
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Jagdoc Find More Posts by Jagdoc

Old 04-03-2007, 06:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Coast Twist View Post
Walk tall my friend, you've got a trophy wife
Yep...remind myself that everyday...

View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

Old 04-03-2007, 06:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jford View Post
Rhonda is stunning.
Kind of you to share. Thanks.
IMO, the third and fourth are the best here. As for the sixth, watch the elbows. [Sorry - couldn't resist.]
YEP, included that one on purpose...won't matter much in 2 or 3 months though (thats usually the run rate of "them")

Old 04-03-2007, 06:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Photographing your wife (or anyone you care about a lot) can be very difficult. Of course, Bobby makes it look easy because number one...he is a great photographer and number two...he has a beautiful subject. I have photographed special women in my life before and while on one hand it was nerve-wracking because you really want to get it right, on the other hand it is like two hours of foreplay. Doing what you love to do with someone you love...how can it get any better than that.
Congrats, Bobby. You have managed to make us all jealous again. Not only do you have a model right there at home, but apparently she has a good attitude or else she wouldn't let you take pictures of other beautiful women. Arkie.
Yeah she enjoys it...just wish I could show the REALLY good ones...hehehehehe...

Old 04-03-2007, 06:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdoc View Post
She is a very beautiful woman, you should convince her to model more.
Numbers 1, 3 and 5 are my favorites.
You are both lucky and talented.
Thanks for posting.

Vic
Thanks Vic...I appreciate the comments