Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamourô > Garage Glamourô Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Has anyone heard about easy made memories
Old 03-05-2007, 03:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 57715
Comments: 0

aspen is offline IP: 71.229.221.107

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hi, I am new to this board. I am excited to be here. Photography is my passion!

I have a friend that turned me on to a great new free program, called Easy Made Memories. You can take your photos and videos and make a voice narrated show that ends up as a DVD that you can put in your TV. The program has lots of free frames and backgrounds and such. So far the program has been fun to play with and easy to use, but I havenít seen the DVDís that come out of it yet.

Iím excited to get a finished DVD, but before I order it, I was wondering if anyone else had experience using this program?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to aspen Find More Posts by aspen

Re: Has anyone heard about easy made memories
Old 03-05-2007, 04:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45715
Comments: 1

ruben is offline IP: 216.232.56.48

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

haven't tried it, but it is a free download... you say you're ordering it? from where? just try google.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=Easy+M...ient=firefox-a
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ruben Visit ruben's homepage! Find More Posts by ruben

Old 03-05-2007, 04:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.186.138.153

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen View Post
Hi, I am new to this board. I am excited to be here. Photography is my passion!

I have a friend that turned me on to a great new free program, called Easy Made Memories. You can take your photos and videos and make a voice narrated show that ends up as a DVD that you can put in your TV. The program has lots of free frames and backgrounds and such. So far the program has been fun to play with and easy to use, but I havenít seen the DVDís that come out of it yet.

Iím excited to get a finished DVD, but before I order it, I was wondering if anyone else had experience using this program?
Well there are many programs just like this on the market today. Almost every photo manipulation program comes with some sort of feature for burning a DVD of photos and playing them on your TV or computer. By the way, the DVD burning software that comes with most computers (Nero, and others) all have srapbook options built in to their systems.

Virtually all of these products let you just burn your own DVD on your own DVD burner. Since almost every computer that's been sold for the last several years has a DVD burner, its unlikely that people would need to send off to have one burnt. It appears the program you mention is just a spin on the old give them a free interface, but charge them for the output. I notice that in looking at their site, that it was very difficult to find where they mentioned the price of the DVD. I find that an ominous sign. I did finally find it, and its $21.95 for the basic DVD. On the same page, they also have a number of arguments why you shouldn't burn your own. I find most of these quite dated.

PS to Everyone: The manufacturer of the Easy Made Memories happens to be located in the little known town of Berthoud, CO. That should be a clue to anyone who does a little research.

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 03-05-2007, 05:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35664
My Mood:

mfharper is offline IP: 63.64.13.28

I wouldn't bother with it. The price is way way too much! The program doesn't do anything that loads of free or nearly free interfaces already on the market can do as well or better. This kind of smells like a fly by
nite
outfit looking to make a quick buck. So there you have it Aspen, why don't you take your advertising to another board?

www.hhphoto.net
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mfharper Visit mfharper's homepage! Find More Posts by mfharper

Old 03-05-2007, 07:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45715

ruben is offline IP: 216.232.56.48

what's the importance of bethoud, CO?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ruben Visit ruben's homepage! Find More Posts by ruben

Old 03-05-2007, 09:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.186.138.153

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben View Post
what's the importance of bethoud, CO?
Well the person who posted the question about Easy Made Memories is from Bethoud, Co. and it just so happens that so is the company that sells Easy Made Memories and this is that brand new members first post. So while I think we can give them the benefit of the doubt, I think it may be spam.

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 03-05-2007, 10:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 57582

Kevin@rsp is offline IP: 71.50.169.10

I own a non-photography forum..and I can say without a doubt this is spam. I'll never buy one thing from a spmmer
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Kevin@rsp Find More Posts by Kevin@rsp

Old 03-06-2007, 09:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 36974
My Mood:

Photomart is offline IP: 76.186.39.68

Quote:
... the person who posted the question about Easy Made Memories is from Bethoud, Co. and it just so happens that so is the company that sells Easy Made Memories and this is that brand new members first post. So while I think we can give them the benefit of the doubt, I think it may be spam.
Hey RFS, we're all very fortunate to have you monitor this forum. In addition to providing a ton of great information, you're one helluva CSI-style scamologist (I would have missed this one). And ... best of all, you're from Texas (disclaimer: yes, I too am from Texas and know Mr. Smith ... but I was not compensated for this favorable post ... yet. LOL)
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Photomart Visit Photomart's homepage! Find More Posts by Photomart

Old 03-06-2007, 11:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 42284

icuphotography is offline IP: 74.195.185.106

You know Rolando's site is popular. I have seen more and more spammers bothering to spam us.

An odd sign of success but a sign none the less.

Re: Warning to spammer "ASpen" & info to all
Old 03-06-2007, 03:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
glamourpics

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 76.173.245.75

Say, "Aspen," what part of the term "fraud" do you not understand? And what part of the phrases "false advertising," "bait & switch," and "spam" do you not understand.

When you - yes, you - advertise the program as "free," when you know it is not, you are committing attempted fraud. Mail fraud as well. Why don't you wrap your peepers around 18 USC 1341, and while you ponder it, also 39 USC 3005 & 3007. BTW, Colorado also considers stuff like this to be fraud, as do most states. (Eg., California Civil Code section 17200 and 17500.)

Imagine, "Aspen," how embarrassed you'd feel if the local papers announced, "Local man arrested for spamming, mail fraud?"

NO PART OF THIS POST STATES OR IMPLIES THAT "ASPEN" - WHOEVER THAT IS, HAS BEEN ACTUALLY CONFIRMED GUILTY OF ANYTHING (OTHER THAN THE NON-CRIME OF BEING PESTIFEROUS).