Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Re: new models www.h2ofashionmodels.com
Old 05-02-2007, 02:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 36496
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to mdeetz

mdeetz is offline IP: 76.0.29.17

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I agree that the pictures are very large and the need to scroll on each picture, this does get tiresome.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mdeetz Find More Posts by mdeetz

Old 05-05-2007, 04:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 57627
Comments: 2

h2odigital is offline IP: 75.38.55.12

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

But people like it and models keep submitting. It get results
  View Public Profile Send a private message to h2odigital Find More Posts by h2odigital

Old 05-05-2007, 04:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 55042
Comments: 0
My Mood:

RobArtLyn is offline IP: 138.88.148.193

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2odigital View Post
But people like it and models keep submitting. It get results
There is an important difference between what works, what works well, and what works barely at all.

I run my monitor at 1680x1050, which is much higher than most people. I still need to scroll most of your images to see them, which means everyone else does, too. It is difficult to get the full impact of an image if you can't see it all at once. Of course, they will only scroll them if they waited for them. Your page design has the "main" image as the background, which loads last. With a high speed connection, I see your ads and text first on an empty background, and then after a long pause the main image shows up. Most people will only wait a couple of seconds before deciding that a page is broken and moving on, so I would bet that you are losing potential viewers. I took a look through your portfolio. Placing the navigation buttons relative to the corner of the photo would be fine, except that all of your pictures are different shapes and sizes. For large pictures, this means that I have to scroll the page and hunt for the buttons. This violates one of the very basic elements of good design: ease of use.

In short, your web site is annoying to use and will frustrate all but the most determined viewer. Why do you think that is a good thing?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RobArtLyn Find More Posts by RobArtLyn

Old 05-05-2007, 05:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 36974
My Mood:

Photomart is offline IP: 76.186.39.68

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsc1 View Post
Not sure why you keep posting here except maybe to draw traffic. You haven't taken previous comments to heart. Your format is so large it's impossible to get a good view of the images due to having to scroll. A good graphic designer would rip you to shreds over the text. Nobody's trying to stifle your efforts here so take some constructive critisim and make your online mag the best it can be.
Ditto with everything everyone has said. The grainy images don't appear to be a design element, but rather just poor images. The text is hard to read against the backgrounds. The overall size fits my monitor resolution fine (1600 x 1024), but the background images are set to "repeat" so I see part of the background repeating (you can fix this in your style sheet). Also, pardon my opinion, but the cover model looks too masculine to be gracing the cover of this type of online magazine.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Photomart Visit Photomart's homepage! Find More Posts by Photomart

Old 05-10-2007, 02:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Free Member

h2odigital is offline IP: 75.43.78.211

The background does change from monitor to monitor and the background images will repeat if you have a large screen. But you say your style sheet can fix this problem, and this will automatically change it to fit the screen. Humm. But the model I really don't see masculinity but i did question the hip and waste area i like to see a little bit more curves in that area. but that's about it.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to h2odigital Find More Posts by h2odigital

Old 05-10-2007, 03:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 54503

jwright1 is offline IP: 198.144.1.151

I'm confused about the fact that you have tiled the images. Perhaps you know someone with some basic graphics background who would be willing to take a little time and go over a few of the problems with you. I hope you understand that we are trying to be supportive and want to see you succeed with your project.

Jon
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jwright1 Visit jwright1's homepage! Find More Posts by jwright1

Old 05-10-2007, 03:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.186.138.153

Here is what your front page looks like on one of my monitors

Is that the initial view you had in mind for a visitor to see. That is always the danger when using background images, that the "repeat" will damage the overall effect.

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 05-13-2007, 12:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
Free Member

h2odigital is offline IP: 66.142.94.86

I appreciate everybody support but Jon, I really don't understand the confusion about the titles of the pages. Also R_Fredrick_Smith You probably have a large and expensive monitor they usually have adjustment so you can view it with out the background repeating.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 52576
My Mood:

TheGoldy is offline IP: 66.133.224.86

It would appear that you are one of those web site designers who have decided that coding your pages properly isn't something you are willing to do. I fight with our webmaster at work all the time about the same thing. You (generic "you") don't take into account things like different browsers, different screen resolutions, or even different download speed capabilities.

A properly coded web page will work and look correct no matter what browser or what resolution you are using. A page like yours will only look right on a very small percentage of browser/resolution combinations. I don't have a "large and expensive" monitor (not that the monitor matters anyway), but I did some experimentation and found that anything over 1024x768 resolution causes the background to repeat. Since these days most LCD monitors have native resolutions way beyond that, your page will have repeating images on more and more people's screens.

The solution here is not the responsibility of the viewer. He/she shouldn't have to turn down the resolution to view your page the way it's meant to be seen. You need to learn the proper way to code your page so that it scales to the resolution in use by your viewer, no matter what that resolution might be.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to TheGoldy Find More Posts by TheGoldy

Old 05-13-2007, 06:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 39919
Send a message via Skype™ to FotosNow

FotosNow is offline IP: 71.102.18.189

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2odigital View Post
I appreciate everybody support but Jon, I really don't understand the confusion about the titles of the pages. Also R_Fredrick_Smith You probably have a large and expensive monitor they usually have adjustment so you can view it with out the background repeating.
I will not adjust my monitor to work with a site. The site must make their content adjust to work with various monitor resolutions, and OS's. A visitor could be using IE (different versions) Safari, Foxfire, etc. It is the webmasters job to assure their content works. NOT the visitor.

IMHO your site is not worth visiting. Not user friendly or professionally done.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to FotosNow Visit FotosNow's homepage! Find More Posts by FotosNow