Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamourô > Garage Glamourô Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Good books
Old 02-25-2007, 12:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 57579
Comments: 0

SomeGuyWithuhCamera is offline IP: 70.92.4.187

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hello folks. I was wondering if there were any good books on shooting hot chicks or something that someone could recommend to a beginning photographer.

Thanks
  View Public Profile Send a private message to SomeGuyWithuhCamera Find More Posts by SomeGuyWithuhCamera

Re: Good books
Old 02-25-2007, 01:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 55042
My Mood:

RobArtLyn is offline IP: 12.119.119.178

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyWithuhCamera View Post
I was wondering if there were any good books on shooting hot chicks or something
Really, really tough to take you seriously when you put it like that.

(Please read my last reply to your original question.)
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RobArtLyn Find More Posts by RobArtLyn

Old 02-25-2007, 08:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 57579

SomeGuyWithuhCamera is offline IP: 70.92.4.187

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobArtLyn View Post
Really, really tough to take you seriously when you put it like that.

(Please read my last reply to your original question.)
Dude! What gives?

I'm not interested in taking a bunch of boring looking portraits like some people do.

I don't understand how my questions are out of line! However, I think you are!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to SomeGuyWithuhCamera Find More Posts by SomeGuyWithuhCamera

Old 02-25-2007, 09:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 55042
My Mood:

RobArtLyn is offline IP: 12.119.119.178

Quote:
I don't understand how my questions are out of line!
Choice of language is very important. No one here knows you, so it is the only thing that we have to go on when we interpret your intentions. Stating that you only came here to look at pictures of "hot chicks" and now you want to learn how to take pictures of "hot chicks" for "obvious reasons" makes you come across as a "Guy With Camera" (GWC). Your unfortunate but perhaps appropriate choice of screen name is used in the glamour/beauty/etc. photography world as the term for a guy who actually has little to no interest in art & skill of photography, but has a camera and uses it as a prop to get women to take off some or all of their clothes.

Most of us are here because we are serious about photography and the creation of images that are anything but boring (hopefully). GWCs make all of us look bad and make it difficult at times to be taken seriously by the women we want to photograph. If you are serious about glamour photography, there are excellent people here who can provide advice and inspiration. If you are going to be a GWC, we can't do much to stop you, but do not expect anyone here to help.

I'll take a chance that you are serious and recommend Garage Glamour, by the guy who runs this site, Rolando Gomez.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RobArtLyn Find More Posts by RobArtLyn

Old 02-25-2007, 01:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dax
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35270

Dax is offline IP: 74.225.173.24

Quote:
Hello folks. I was wondering if there were any good books on shooting hot chicks or something that someone could recommend to a beginning photographer.

Thanks
LOL

I love this !! You have just said what most ppl here THINK but won't say kudos !!

Amazon has tons of books on photography, go by their rating system and what others say about the books. I have never really read a book on photography so I dont know of one to recomend.

Best of luck and my respect for being real ! =)
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Dax Visit Dax's homepage! Find More Posts by Dax

Books on glamour photography...
Old 02-25-2007, 07:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member GG#: 35406

Al_Nowak is offline IP: 69.210.29.84

Well, it's like this. A book on shooting beach shots isn't going to do you much good in Kenosha in February!

There are all kinds of books on glamour photography available from the major book chains. Stop in at a Borders or Barnes & Noble and cruise the photography section shelves. Also check the computer book section as they have begun putting books on digital photography in with books on PhotoShop, Elements, etc.

And finally, a cheaper alternative may be to browse the newstand. There are loads of photography magazines, and it's a rare month that doesn't have at least one article in some magazine on glamour shooting.

Why do I have the feeling the next question is going to be where do you find "hot chicks" to model...

Elvis has left the building...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Al_Nowak Find More Posts by Al_Nowak

Old 02-25-2007, 09:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 50665

Photoboy is offline IP: 209.30.81.206

First of all a book is not going to tell you how to take photographs of just hot chicks. Itís going to tell you how to take photographs of people. People that you want to take photos of. If they are hot or not, thatís up to you and your photography skills to make them look their best.

Second of all ditto what Robartlyn said.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Photoboy Find More Posts by Photoboy

Old 02-25-2007, 10:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 57582

Kevin@rsp is offline IP: 71.50.169.10

Garage Glamour rocks...I bought a copy last week
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Kevin@rsp Find More Posts by Kevin@rsp

Old 02-26-2007, 02:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Author of Overexposed

Member GG#: 37500

jasonaaronbaca is offline IP: 64.166.72.162

http://www.amazon.com/Overexposed-Mo...e=UTF8&s=books

Old 02-27-2007, 02:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
Aspiring Photographer

Member GG#: 50625

CatCynic is offline IP: 220.253.22.175

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonaaronbaca View Post
Self-promotion is all very well, but he is looking to photograph female models, not male ones. (yeah, yeah, I know, your book is applicable to female models, too).

I do hope you won't be pushing your book in response to every thread that mentions books. (that may sound mean, but the very last thread I looked at was you announcing your book)

- - - - -

In response to the original question, I suggest you might benefit from Rolando's Garage Glamour book, plus I suggest you read the various articles posted on this site.

But please, show a bit more respect for the art of glamour photography - GWCs make it harder for real photographers to gain the trust of models, so expect a lot of scorn if you persist with this attitude. If you'd phrased your question: "Can you suggest some books on the subject of glamour and nude photography?" you might not have received the flak.
  View Public Profile Find More Posts by CatCynic