Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
New member Requests feedback
Old 02-21-2007, 01:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
indykb24

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 137.186.173.16

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hi everyone,

I joined a few weeks ago, but I'm not getting many views and so far no models have contacted me. Anybody care to evaluate my profile and give me some feedback?

Thanks

Re: New member Requests feedback
Old 02-21-2007, 02:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35616
Comments: 0

trainstation is offline IP: 69.130.53.27

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

The Photos in your profile appear on my screen very small. There is many rules about size but I know you could post larger images Check with someone in charge to get the posting sizes.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to trainstation Find More Posts by trainstation

Old 02-21-2007, 06:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38178
Comments: 0

Ron_C is offline IP: 64.203.192.156

Welcome to the site.

Your photos are a bit small, though I am not sure how large of a photo a free member can place in their portfolio.

And about the Models contacting you.... Don't hold your breath.

I have been a member since Feb. of '04 and have yet to have any model that has an online portfolio anywhere contact me to shoot them.

Any model that has contacted me has done so through the local yellow pages or has been referred to me by a friend.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.186.138.153

Well there are several things that you're not really taking advantage of. As already pointed out, your posted photos are very small which makes them more difficult to evaluate. As a free member you can post am image up to 150K in size and you should aim for a height between 500 and 600 pixels for portrait shots and about 700 x 500 for landscape shots. Use Save for Web in Photoshop with those pixel dimensions and a quality of High, and you should get the right file sizes and a nice viewable photo.

Keep in mind that you haven't used many of the features on your profile page that will make it work as a intro to your photos skills. Try adding a good avatar and a good photo as your catch photo. Take a look at what I did on my profile page:

http://www.glamour1.com/forums/membe...ick_smith.html

You'll see that the main photo is a composite that shows off at a glance many different models and looks. Then scroll down and you'll see one way to use the comments area to have another composite.

It is also important to put a wide variety of images in your G1 portfolio. Most of the shots you've posted are more like snapshots. You do have a few that would have a nice fashion look. Try to put yourself into a model's mind and imagine what sorts of photos they'd want in their books, and then post some of those. And keep in mind that on a Glamour site, one should post a good range of "Glamour shots". A glamour shot is not a snapshot of a pretty girl, but rather a photograph of a pretty girl that adds to what she already brings to the table and has an aura of sexiness as well as some aspect that draws the viewer into the photo. Usually this will mean solid eye contact is made.

Anyway, work on the presentational aspects of your profile and re-submit your photos and upload others at the suggested sizes above, and that will help.

But keep in mind that this will not mean that models will fall over themselves to contact you. You have to have a look to your photos that will capture their imagination.

Finally, always include a good shot in your post, which will lead people to want to click over and see more of your work. Here is an example of a shot that shows the proper size for photos (and an element of novelty that might pull someone into my profile/portfolio):

Click for larger version

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 02-21-2007, 09:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
indykb24

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 137.186.173.16

Thanks for the great feedback,

I really do appreciate it, especially for my work. I'm open to more suggestions, as I am relatively new to working with models.

I did increase the size of my pictures, added an avatar, and I tried to use a picture for my personal pic, but I have a size restriction that is smaller than my original pictures I posted.

And I actually have my own composite, check it out.

Thanks again

Old 02-22-2007, 12:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.186.138.153

Quote:
Originally Posted by indykb24 View Post

I did increase the size of my pictures, added an avatar, and I tried to use a picture for my personal pic, but I have a size restriction that is smaller than my original pictures I posted.

Thanks again
The peronal pic can only be a max of 300x300. That's why my personal pic is exactly 300x300 in size.

cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith