Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Tough run of bad luck in Oklahoma
Old 02-15-2007, 07:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 50563
Comments: 0

millerm is offline IP: 65.77.66.113

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I recently had to relocate from San Antonio to Oklahoma City and I'm having a very tough time finding willing models for glamor (non-nude) photo shoots. I never had this tough of a time in San Antonio. Anyone care to provide me with some insight on finding new talent?

Even when I do a search on here, there are only a hand full of models located in Oklahoma.

Right now I'm really open to suggestions.

Thanks
Mike

Re: Tough run of bad luck in Oklahoma
Old 02-15-2007, 09:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35411
Comments: 12
My Mood:

photoshooter is offline IP: 67.163.86.244

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Mike;
I go through Oklahoma at least twice a year on the way to Arizona and often I thought it would be a nice place to stop and shoot some model(s). Never made a serious effort to find what's out there. In today's emails one that I thought was a spam I went to their site(they basically asked me join), but I was able to go to their talent search by states and long behold Oklahoma City had a tons of them. I hope it it's worth going through them and may be you get some responses. Here is their web site URL: http://www.exploretalent.com/join_cd.php
I have not yet decided if I'm going to join the site, but I tell you if I were in Oklahoma City instead of Chicago I would go there in a heartbeat. Well, I hope it helps a little, hopefully a lot. Best of luck to you.

View Public Profile Send a private message to photoshooter Visit photoshooter's homepage! Find More Posts by photoshooter

Old 02-15-2007, 09:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Hey Thanks, I have posted with *** and once again there are only a handful of models listed in Oklahoma City. I will give Explore talent a try and see what I come up with. You know it's a shame because there are some really beautiful women here in OKC. It is just a hunch, but I guessing being in the heart of the Bible belt doesn’t help much either.

Old 02-15-2007, 09:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35411
Comments: 12
My Mood:

photoshooter is offline IP: 67.163.86.244

I agree with you about the bible belt. I stopped once for overnight stay so I figured let's see what strip clubs are open and there wasn't much to choose from. Try looking into locally published newspapers and look what they have under their various wanted ads, partucularily their personal ads, there may be some souls out there just looking for a guy like you. Best of luck(:-)

View Public Profile Send a private message to photoshooter Visit photoshooter's homepage! Find More Posts by photoshooter

Old 02-15-2007, 10:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

How Funny, After I got all moved and settled in, I also looked for some adult entertainment (aka strip clubs), but no such luck in OKC. what a bummer! I will keep up the search. Any advice is welcomed advice.

Old 02-16-2007, 12:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35772

LesHoward is offline IP: 24.36.123.139

Most large cities have colleges & universities and with them come students looking to earn some extra cash. I've never tried this so I can't guarantee it will work, but I've thought of trying it here.

Put an ad in the student newspaper. Something like this:

"Models needed: Professional photographer requires models for paid assignments. Cash paid. Contact George at 000-0000."

You don't want to say too much, just enough to give yourself credibility and to persuade them to call.

When they call, I recommend you meet them in advance, say at a local coffee shop, and you offer to buy the coffee. I always like to meet models in advance so I do this anyway. You might try to schedule several different meetings one after the other at a location close to the college. This allows you to quickly weed out the ones you don't want to use.

The rest of the negotiation is up to you. Good luck.

Les Howard
  View Public Profile Send a private message to LesHoward Find More Posts by LesHoward

Old 02-16-2007, 12:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 53446

photoguy2003 is offline IP: 68.12.33.142

good place to start is modelmyhem.com or modelplace.com or myspace.com and look for the modeling net work
  View Public Profile Send a private message to photoguy2003 Find More Posts by photoguy2003

Old 02-16-2007, 08:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 56852
Send a message via AIM to dorbata Send a message via MSN to dorbata Send a message via Yahoo to dorbata

dorbata is offline IP: 76.23.189.198

Try http://*************.com.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to dorbata Find More Posts by dorbata

Old 02-16-2007, 11:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36463

BryanJWeitzel is offline IP: 165.138.56.58

Mike,

I'm right there with you. I moved to Indiana three years ago and I'm just now starting to get re-situated. When I left South Carolina, I had three models I could call on just about any time I wanted (two for nude work). It wasn't until this January that I've found two girls interested in being "regular" test subjects. And I'm still looking for the one that will test nudes. I'm hoping the gallery showing I'm in in the spring will help with that.

I find that the model sites (G1, MM, ***, MySpace, etc.) aren't that great for finding test subjects. These girls expect to be paid, and I do hire a couple times a year, but I hate to hire unless I'm sure of the results, which means I don't experiment when she's on the clock so to speak. Also, when you have to pay to bring someone in, it removes the "What are you doing this weekend?" spontanaity. Even better was when they called me.

So where do you go? Well, one of the girls I'll be working with is a waitress at a local hangout I go to about once a week. I've been talking to her for almost a year, and never even mentioned wanting to shoot with her until the end of December. I'd shown her some of my work in October.

The other girl is a hairdresser I'd talked to about doing hair and makeup. As we talked more about that, I mentioned that I'd like to get her in front of the camera as well.

Most women, if asked cold, will think you're a perv or just trying to come on to them. It's a lot easier if you have a reason to come in contact with them (gym, restaraunt, salon, church, etc) and get to know them (or more importantly let them get to know you) before you make the ask.

Bryan.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BryanJWeitzel Visit BryanJWeitzel's homepage! Find More Posts by BryanJWeitzel

Old 02-17-2007, 10:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36366
Send a message via Yahoo to sharfman

sharfman is offline IP: 216.97.162.61

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerm View Post
I recently had to relocate from San Antonio to Oklahoma City and I'm having a very tough time finding willing models for glamor (non-nude) photo shoots. I never had this tough of a time in San Antonio. Anyone care to provide me with some insight on finding new talent?

Even when I do a search on here, there are only a hand full of models located in Oklahoma.

Right now I'm really open to suggestions.

Thanks
Mike
Mike:

I certainly empathize with your plight. For me it is even harder I am trying to get models to do figure work. I have essentially given up on finding OK models for figure work and have been mining the opportunities out of Texas. The models I have dealt with lately are less than stellar e.g. canceling, stopped answering e-mails, ridiculous demands for compensation etc.. I would however strongly encourage you to post to ModelMayhem. There are over 150 models in Oklahoma listed and depending on what you want to do you might be able to find women with whom to work. Be sure to post the best port you can. The ***.com site lists close to 300 women in OK but I have really had a hard time getting women listed there to respond to e-mails as I think their system is flakey.Hope this helps. Good luck

mark
  View Public Profile Send a private message to sharfman Find More Posts by sharfman