Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
RG's Seminar @ Samy's in LA
Old 02-05-2007, 01:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 67.49.32.15

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I attended RG's seminar @ Samy's today and wrote about it on my blog.

http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com

My NSFW blog
: http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Re: RG's Seminar @ Samy's in LA
Old 02-05-2007, 01:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 36812
Comments: 0

j4m3z is offline IP: 24.247.246.73

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyd View Post
I attended RG's seminar @ Samy's today and wrote about it on my blog.

http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com
Considering it was only $20 and you got to meet Rolando i'd say it was a steal too. I know I've had my fair share of complaints about the changes on this site as well as dishing what I percieved as the good and the bad about his workshops. I trust that being a businessman has grown him a thick skin when it comes to these things and it's not personal. But when it comes to Rolando the instructor, photographer, and person, I'd have nothing but good things to say.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to j4m3z Visit j4m3z's homepage! Find More Posts by j4m3z

Old 02-05-2007, 03:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 52576
My Mood:

TheGoldy is offline IP: 66.133.224.86

I went to the seminar on Saturday morning and got way, way more than my $20 worth. All I can say is thank you, Rolando, for taking the time to share your knowledge with us. Some day I hope to be able to attend one of your hands-on workshops.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to TheGoldy Find More Posts by TheGoldy

Old 02-05-2007, 11:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Photographer for Fun !

Member GG#: 36733

jorge_dc is offline IP: 161.149.63.100

Damn, damn, damn ! ! ! I knew I was gonna be sorry I missed it . . . I too had plans to attend RG's seminar, already had paid my res and everything, but due to an fender bender a little earlier that day, I was unable to make it : ( Maybe an opportunity like this will present itself again sometime in the future, and hopefully I'll be able to make it to that one. I was looking forward to meeting RG and had I had the opportunity to meet Jimmy at the same time would have been a big plus, I've shared a few comments with Jimmy in the past . . . Oh Well, like the saying goes "Better luck next time !"

Jorge DC
JDC Photography
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jorge_dc Visit jorge_dc's homepage! Find More Posts by jorge_dc

Old 02-08-2007, 12:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 70.125.158.73

I too attended RG's seminar, all three at Samy's, as I hurry up and write my comments while on the way to the airport. The guy's voice was hit by the flu/cold bug, but somehow through hot tea, throat lozenges and pure will, he pulled it off. (grin)

Seriously, thanks to the almost 100 people that showed up with only a week to promote the event, a true testament to those with the passion in photography and more specifically glamour photography. Samy must be happy, I have an article in this month's "Samy's Newsletter." You can read more on my blog at www.camerazoo.com (Keep in mind I was under the flu influence when I wrote it, could barely see the monitor.) I became ill on the way up there, but found a way, not sure how as my throat was so sore that upon my return back to Texas Sunday night I was coughing up blood.

Luckily I've been able to rest my vocal cords since then and obviously I've talked all my life, so the root of the problem wasn't my speaking, but the early stages of the flu this past weekend--jimmy, you were right about staying far back from me as possible (grin)--on another note, thanks for your kind remarks on your blog, coming from someone who doesn't pull punches and isn't afraid to say what they think (which I very much respect), it means volumes to me. That should tell you I always take your words with true meaning.

Have to run, still drinking hot tea, throat lozenges, pills, etc., but should be fine by Saturday when I start speaking again in Atlanta at this weekend's workshop--oh, and for those coming to Texas the week after, yes, we're holding the workshop in my home and we've changed all the air filters! You will all be guests in my home. Thanks, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez